'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

Ahhh..but your argument was based on wins. You gave up on your argument so easily. I'd at least respect it if you stuck by your argument.
Pretty simple, one lost due to an anemic offense, the other lost due to a horrible defense. Ill let you figure out the rest professor.

Back on topic....article I read said that HB's father had him gain or lose weight depending on the offensive plan for the season. Has anyone who has seen him have an idea what size he seems to be most effective? +/- 215 or 230?

Pretty simple, one lost due to an anemic offense, the other lost due to a horrible defense. Ill let you figure out the rest professor.

Ahh so other players on the team DO matter and wins and losses aren't everything. You gave up on your own argument. GG thanks for playing

Reactions: k-town_king
Is that a fact? I know what I've seen...fact.

Irrelevant. What you or I have seen means jack squat. Because neither of us are qualified to make accurate judgements. Pruitt and the staff obviously likes JG and sees something in him. Pruitt and the staff>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>your internet opinion.

Reactions: OLB19_76
Back on topic....article I read said that HB's father had him gain or lose weight depending on the offensive plan for the season. Has anyone who has seen him have an idea what size he seems to be most effective? +/- 215 or 230?
Not a Todd Marinovich father I hope........ half joking

Irrelevant. What you or I have seen means jack squat. Because neither of us are qualified to make accurate judgements. Pruitt and the staff obviously likes JG and sees something in him. Pruitt and the staff>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>your internet opinion.

They didn't really have many options lolololol

Last edited:
JG played as well as anyone could this past season. OLine was horrendous. WR couldn’t run crisp routes. Callaway played tough but the rest just didn’t play with any consistency.

I put some of our problems on the play calling.
Stop being predictable. 3 step drops at most or quick hits. At least give JG a chance.

However, the WR couldn’t get any separation in the first 5 yards on a break.

I expect with Chaney, we will look much better on Offense

I still don’t feel like we had a lot of dropped passes. I remember a lot of solid reliable catching even on contested balls. I remember Brandon Johnson as the biggest offender in the drops category. With Jauan as a close second.

That stat going around, while probably factual, doesn’t properly paint what I remembered.

Was that the year UT scored the most points in program history but the defense also gave up the most in program history also? If I’m thinking of the right year .. you can’t put that on Bray. Pretty sure we took UAB or Troy to OT that year because the D was that bad.

Long live Sal Sunseri 3-4 defense
So, one of the worst defenses statistically in Tennessee history was the reason for Tennessee's bad record in 2012 but one of the worst offensive lines statistically in program history was not the reason for Tennessee's bad record in 2018. Got it. The JG defenders are not the ones with an agenda. That much is clear.

And to that point, JG actually finished with respectable stats and rankings despite how historically bad his O-line was.

The argument that I find the most amusing from the JG haters is that they would point out that he only dink and dunked the ball to get his Good completion %, but then want to turn around and say that he completed a lot of Jump Balls only because our receivers were able to go up and get them. Realists have statistics to back up JG's good play, the other side only points to the 5-7 record and ignores one of the worst O-Lines in program history when placing blame for last year. Without JG we don't win the Auburn game for sure and prob not the Kentucky game.

Last edited:
I still don’t feel like we had a lot of dropped passes. I remember a lot of solid reliable catching even on contested balls. I remember Brandon Johnson as the biggest offender in the drops category. With Jauan as a close second.

That stat going around, while probably factual, doesn’t properly paint what I remembered.
Those two had the most crossing routes so that explains the drops

Palmer says hello

Palmer was our most sure handed receiver last year so dunno what you are talking about...

Edit: Out of 28 passes he caught 23 which means he missed 5 and I use missed loosely... because I’m sure most of those were contended catches.

Last edited:
Ahh so other players on the team DO matter and wins and losses aren't everything. You gave up on your own argument. GG thanks for playing
take a lap, leb.

When you have a 5 win season, you look at the players. WIth Bray it was obviously the defense. With JG, the offense. Pretty simple. Thanks for playing.

Last edited:
In fairness a lot of those were because of passes where our guys had to fight the defender for the ball. Very rarely did our guys miss passes when they were open and uncontested.
every. single. game.

Calloway seemed like the only way he could catch a ball is if it was contested. definitely remember some possible first downs getting dropped when the WRs took their eyes off the ball before they caught it.

I am betting the reason for the drops was similar to the drops any QB/WR faces, a split between the QB/WR at fault.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
I think JG is a solid QB. Arm strength, accuracy, and toughness are all above average. In my opinion he needs put in less time towards the footwork and throwing training sessions, and more time playing backyard (win-at-all cost) pick up games where he learns to scramble a bit better. He just a needs to sprinkle an element of Mayfield or Mahomes on his game to go from good to great. That said, I just don’t see it happening. Hopefully our o-line turns a corner and he doesn’t take so many shots this year.

They don’t count contested balls as “drops”.

I recall plenty of open curls / slants / crossing routes dropped. It is fair to say JG did not get much help from his WRs (or OC for that matter). It’s also fair to say JG didn’t do much to cover up some of the flaws of our team, most noticeable standing like a statue behind a line who couldn’t give him a consistent 2.5 seconds to throw. When he got time he rarely missed though. Made plenty of tough throws this year.

Reactions: Brillovol and T Dog
We don't know how good JG will be yet, imo, but he has been above average despite different schemes every year and a historically bad OL. He clearly beat out everyone else we had on our roster. He was what, 5th in the SEC in QB rating despite those issues? So yea - he clearly has stuff to work on and he isn't Johnny Manziel. He's probably our starter this year again and if he improves any, might be hard to supplant even for HB. Of course, he may have a chance to go pro if he has a good year this year, so we'll see how it works out. I don't understand bashing him, though. He's played solidly and may end up actually being a top SEC QB in the next couple years.

Imo JG has a great yr. Chaney is good at utilizing the strengths of his QBs. Seeing what he did with chaney, Peterman and Bray should give anyone hope for JG. All 3 had similar weakness in reading and progression so Chaney would design the offense around that. I am looking for Brayish type performance from JG in next yr or 2.

When he gets his hands on Harrison, I would expect more of the Fromm type stuff where he lets QB have more play call responsibility at line of scrimmage. Everything you hear about Harrison is his mental game is off the charts

VN Store

Back