Eli Wolf heading to UGA

And yet a coaching staff on a top five/ten team, making millions of dollars to evaluate talent, gives him a scholarship. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. Hope he has a great 11 game regular season.

5 questions with Georgia football tight end Eli Wolf, Rocky Top relocation

Does anyone have any insight into Wolf’s transfer? ... Was it simply a matter of wanting to play for a championship? Or were there other issues at play?

Given the questions that you pose, this was one of the "meatier" articles I've read in a while. I think Eli and the article answer all those questions.

The intriguing part is that, evidently, what he heard from coaches Fromm and Woerner was significantly different than what he's heard from our staff. Can't say if that's better or worse for Tennessee, but for Eli's goals, definitely better.

Does that mean Georgia has a different philosophy, or does it just mean they have all the pieces in place and are ready to plug-in Eli and execute it?

I suspect the latter. Experience and knowledge at a position like tight end means little if your fellow blockers and fellow receivers aren't executing proficiently. Team sports aren't nearly as fun or rewarding if your teammates are (for good reason, if young or inexperienced) prone to mental errors or assignment breakdowns.

Wouldn't surprise me if he has 3 or 4 catches in just one game next season... against Tennessee.

just not physical enough, and 5 friggin catches....cya butch boy

How many targets did ELI have? I would think not over 10. We probably didn't throw over 20 passes to our Tight ends combined. Very little used position last year. I would think that Woods Anderson got the most. I do remember Pope catching the one he fumbled through the end zone for a touch back against Gators..

17 catches for 140 yds, and two td's. Wood-Anderson is not exactly setting the woods on fire. Or......does our QB not target the TE's and RB's/dump downs. Hmmm.........Maybe a little of both? I wasn't extremely impressed with his blocking ability, either.
Wolf came in as a walk-on, and earned a scholarship. He was completely forgotten, when Wood-Anderson came along. My guess is his size and blocking ability were the problem. I had hoped he would do as well as his brother. Thank you, Eli, for your hard work and good luck, in the future.

17 catches for 140 yds, and two td's. Wood-Anderson is not exactly setting the woods on fire. Or......does our QB not target the TE's and RB's/dump downs. Hmmm.........Maybe a little of both? I wasn't extremely impressed with his blocking ability, either.
Wolf came in as a walk-on, and earned a scholarship. He was completely forgotten, when Wood-Anderson came along. My guess is his size and blocking ability were the problem. I had hoped he would do as well as his brother. Thank you, Eli, for your hard work and good luck, in the future.
We have a winner!

Reactions: IH8TheHaslams
Well...two things of note. One is that my post was addressed to you neither specifically nor personally. So I don't why you feel a need to post a defensive response. It was an encouragement for Eli to ignore haters, whiners, and other such detractors. Even if you're one of those folks, whoever they may be, I was addressing Eli whether he ever sees my post or not. The second part of your post, I think it's obvious I pretty much said the same thing you did. So we should be shaking hands instead of butting heads. Least that's my take on the matter.

That's fair, and I didn't mean to come off as defensive. It is difficult to convey tone over the internet lol. I just simply see posts like yours a lot, and I don't think a lot of what people say on here is as negative as some make it out to be. At the end of the day, we all just want to see our team and players succeed. It just is an unfortunate thing when they decide to finish their career elsewhere. Good luck to the young man, again, in every game except one next year lol

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
That's fair, and I didn't mean to come off as defensive. It is difficult to convey tone over the internet lol. I just simply see posts like yours a lot, and I don't think a lot of what people say on here is as negative as some make it out to be. At the end of the day, we all just want to see our team and players succeed. It just is an unfortunate thing when they decide to finish their career elsewhere. Good luck to the young man, again, in every game except one next year lol

Don't worry about it. I'm sure we and others will step on each other's toes from time to time. The trick is to be mature enough to not hold onto it desperately as a grudge. Be capable at times of being pipping mad, yet 3 minutes later capable of having a beer together while telling each other even lame jokes. Life is too short to go around perpetually angry about mainly trivial things. As for Eli and others who transfer, it's their life. As a human, I'll try (at least) to respect that and wish them the best and let it go at that.

Don't worry about it. I'm sure we and others will step on each other's toes from time to time. The trick is to be mature enough to not hold onto it desperately as a grudge. Be capable at times of being pipping mad, yet 3 minutes later capable of having a beer together while telling each other even lame jokes. Life is too short to go around perpetually angry about mainly trivial things. As for Eli and others who transfer, it's their life. As a human, I'll try (at least) to respect that and wish them the best and let it go at that.

I liked it better when we could just yell at each other. This touchy feely garbage ends today. Fight me! :D

VN Store

Back