Is there any word on Brandon Kennedy

Is he able to participate this Spring? I have the suspicion that our starting offensive line might be completely different than what started against Vanderbilt.
images

There isn’t any word indicating he won’t, so Im sure the plan for now is get him ready and see what he can do when it starts. Of course they need to make a full body brace for him to wear at all times. Maybe a bubble suit

I hope hes atleast able to get in shape over the summer and participate in fall camp. It would be ideal if he were ready to play by the first game, but it's a long season and nice to know he will be contributing at some point.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Last I heard he was already walking around in November so I assume he’s been participating in winter workouts and March should be the 7 month mark so he will probably be limited at first but still working with the team.

Is he able to participate this Spring? I have the suspicion that our starting offensive line might be completely different than what started against Vanderbilt.

God, I hope so, Vandy beat the H3LL out of the hapless Vols and it could have been worse

Can't remember the last time a player was healed in time to participate on spring practice. Has that ever happened anywhere at anytime?

He broke his leg at aL, not really a lingering issue. Torn ACL here. Not much of a history to be overly concerned about, yet.
Broken leg, torn ligament, definitely nothing to worry about, especially over the long haul, since they'll have hover belts by the time he's 35. Thank god we care so much about the "student" athletes.

Broken leg, torn ligament, definitely nothing to worry about, especially over the long haul, since they'll have hover belts by the time he's 35. Thank god we care so much about the "student" athletes.

I'm sure the "student" athlete received far better care for his injuries than most people. While I understand and am not a big fan of the rising salaries in athletic departments, rising ticket prices, etc. These "students" receive many benefits, above and below board, as well as continued support long after their time at a University through contacts as stature acquired during. I, as most of America and abroad, wish that we had been through their trials and tribulations, and received what they did in return; scholarships, status, care, food, education, networking, income, etc. But I get it, I'm glad you are here to remind us of their plight. I do feel sorry for them every day I go to work.

Reactions: bigorange

You're right, getting $150,000+ worth of tuition and room + food for playing a game is nothing.

having every meal delivered to you on campus by a golf cart staffed with nutritional experts and living as a king for 4+ years.

Last edited:
You're right, getting $150,000+ worth of tuition and room + food for playing a game is nothing.

Literally having every meal delivered to you on campus by a golf cart staffed with nutritional experts and living as a king for 4+ years.
You have no friggin' clue. Are there advantages? Yes. Are they like you think? H E L L NO.
During the season, class load is usually a slight bit lower. To keep up, spring is loaded with classes. Summer is full, too. After classes, there are practices, weight room, exercise, and academic support/study time. After loooooooong days, you have about an hour before bed. Games fill fall weekends along with film study. The food is good. Life isn't bad but it is not what a jealous "Lord" would expect.

Reactions: k-town_king
You have no friggin' clue. Are there advantages? Yes. Are they like you think? H E L L NO.
During the season, class load is usually a slight bit lower. To keep up, spring is loaded with classes. Summer is full, too. After classes, there are practices, weight room, exercise, and academic support/study time. After loooooooong days, you have about an hour before bed. Games fill fall weekends along with film study. The food is good. Life isn't bad but it is not what a jealous "Lord" would expect.

Cool story political science major

Athletes get special treatment and get tons of academic support

Last edited:

VN Store

Back