Scholarship Distribution

thunder5

Cause I like to party
I’ve been keeping up with a list that Larry posted a few weeks back...with Halls retirement and NSD additions this is what I’ve got:

2019 Total Scholarships (88)

2019 Seniors (13) Bituli, Buchanan, Byrd, Callaway, Fils-aime, Gooden, Jennings, Johnson, Kirkland, Lovingood, Taylor, Warrior, Wood-Anderson

2019 Juniors (25) Allen, Blakely, Bumphus, Butler, Chandler, Cimaglia, George Jr, Guarantano, Ignont, Jackson, Johnson, Johnson, Johnson, Jordan, Kennedy, Locklear, Middleton, Murphy, Niehaus, Palmer, Pope, Reid, Shamburger, Smith, Tatum

2019 Sophomore (20) Bailey, Banks, Bennett, Brooks, Brown, Calbert, Carvin, Crosby, Fant, Flowers, Gray, Gibbs, Jones, Labruzza, Mincey, Page, Solomon, Taylor, Thompson, Williams

2019 Freshman (30) Akporoghene, Beasley, Brown, Burrell, Crouch, Davis, Emerson, Fields, Garland, Gray, Harris, Harris, Harrison, Keyton, Lampley, Lane, Lowe, Maurer, McBride, McCullough, Means, Morris, Peterson, Shrout, Simmons, Solomon, Tillman, To’oto’o, Warren, Wright

This of course assumes that everyone in the transfer portal actually transfers...is there anything I’ve missed?

Last edited:
So were two over if everyone is eligible this fall right now. Most think Smith want play if that happens one more guy to get to the 85 limit.

I’ve been keeping up with a list that Larry posted a few weeks back...with Halls retirement and NSD additions this is what I’ve got:

2019 Total Scholarships (87)

2019 Seniors (13) Bituli, Buchanan, Byrd, Callaway, Fils-aime, Gooden, Jennings, Johnson, Kirkland, Lovingood, Taylor, Warrior, Wood-Anderson

2019 Juniors (25) Allen, Blakely, Bumphus, Butler, Chandler, Cimaglia, George Jr, Guarantano, Ignont, Jackson, Johnson, Johnson, Johnson, Jordan, Kennedy, Locklear, Middleton, Murphy, Niehaus, Palmer, Pope, Reid, Shamburger, Smith, Tatum

2019 Sophomore (20) Bailey, Banks, Bennett, Brooks, Brown, Calbert, Carvin, Crosby, Fant, Flowers, Gray, Gibbs, Jones, Labruzza, Mincey, Page, Solomon, Taylor, Thompson, Williams

2019 Freshman (29) Akporoghene, Beasley, Brown, Burrell, Crouch, Davis, Emerson, Fields, Garland, Gray, Harris, Harrison, Keyton, Lampley, Lane, Lowe, Maurer, McBride, McCullough, Means, Morris, Peterson, Shrout, Simmons, Solomon, Tillman, To’oto’o, Warren, Wright

This of course assumes that everyone in the transfer portal actually transfers...is there anything I’ve missed?

I'm pretty sure I read that once you enter the portal your previous school is no longer obligated to honor your scholarship

Nice job OP!

Tell me if I'm wrong but looks like a fairly weak senior class!?!?

Bituli, Kirkland, Taylor, Jennings ,Callaway, Warrior, Jordan and Woods Anderson are solid in my opinion. 2nd year in the system with a few upgrade in coaches That's a small class but 8 of 13 will or could help the cause with injury free and great off season S&C.. We shall see.

Reactions: SpookyAction
Nice job OP!

Thanks man!! But I can’t take credit...LWS posted this list a few weeks back...I’ve just been keeping up with it since then

Nice job OP!

Loosing 7 starters out that Senior class ... 7 out of 22 positions ... hopefully by weak it means there are better players to replace them .. cause according to our coaches 7 of those weak seniors are out best options

If we are at 87 and there are two Blue Shirts (Harris, Solomon) coming in August, to be at 85 we need to lose 4 more players beyond those in the portal.
NEVERMIND - MY READING COMPREHENSION FAILED TO SEE BOTH MEN ON YOUR LIST...

Last edited:

2019 Freshman (29) Akporoghene, Beasley, Brown, Burrell, Crouch, Davis, Emerson, Fields, Garland, Gray, Harris, Harrison, Keyton, Lampley, Lane, Lowe, Maurer, McBride, McCullough, Means, Morris, Peterson, Shrout, Simmons, Solomon, Tillman, To’oto’o, Warren, Wright

I have 92, but I haven’t figured out where we’re off.

I thought Gibbs was going to be a junior? I know Kennedy is a senior.

I have 92, but I haven’t figured out where we’re off.

I thought Gibbs was going to be a junior? I know Kennedy is a senior.

Are you counting the guys in the transfer portal? I’ve taken them off the list under the assumption that they won’t be back

Are you counting the guys in the transfer portal? I’ve taken them off the list under the assumption that they won’t be back
No. I’m not counting Wolf or Richmond. Are there others?

I was counting Hall and just saw his announcement, so I’m down to 91.

I also was counting Austin Smith. Take him off, I’m down to 90.

I’m also counting Joe Doyle because I assume the starting punter will get a scholarship. So now I’m only 2 off from you.

I predict another 5-6 players will transfer or quit football at end of semester. We will have a couple spots open for PWO to show out.

Reactions: lexkyvol
Nice job OP!

Weak? Those are 5 star (heart) champions of life! Seriously this why Lyle couldn’t make it here. Recruit over these guys for 3 years and always have a younger, less developed team than even Vandy, Mizz, and SC.

This reminds me of trying to count a litter of pigs! The more you count, the more the total number changes.

I also was counting Austin Smith. Take him off, I’m down to 90.

I’m also counting Joe Doyle because I assume the starting punter will get a scholarship. So now I’m only 2 off from you.

That’s probably a good assumption...He definitely deserves it IMO...and I think they’ll be at least a spot available for him if not more after spring practice...

If you’re interested...check the transfer portal on 247 and also check the “retired” OL (Antonutti, Brooks and Hall) to make sure...I bet the two we’re off are in those groups somewhere

Reading this list, a couple of things came to mind:
-I didn't think Banks played enough games to burn his redshirt. Should he still be considered a Freshman? I could be wrong. Anybody know.
-As the team is doing off season strength and conditioning, Kessling also practicing Akporoghene , To’oto’o
-and...

j&j&j.jpg

Reading this list, a couple of things came to mind:
-I didn't think Banks played enough games to burn his redshirt. Should he still be considered a Freshman? I could be wrong. Anybody know.
-As the team is doing off season strength and conditioning, Kessling also practicing Akporoghene , To’oto’o
-and...

View attachment 193605

Ut sports site is showing that Banks played in 11 games. He has rushing stats in 6 games.

At least it looks like we will have 5-6 drafted next year, even if they are all in 3-later rounds.

This is a Strong group by recent standards.

While short on quantity I think there’s good quality on that senior list...I think several of them could be legit threats this year...

I don’t mean to beat a dead horse but that sophomore class is pretty bad...if you take out the true sophomores, transfers and JUCO transfers it’s flat out horrid with the exception of maybe Bennett

VN Store

Back