Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crouch and Harrison both OLB. Banks was never ahead of JJP, and Ignont being a sophomore had better been ahead of an incoming out of shape freshman.

He redshirted because he didn’t get to participate in any winter, spring, summer workouts with a collegiate strength and conditioning program. The guy is an incredible football player who needed time to get back to football shape. What’s so hard to understand about this. Bituli, DKjr, To’oto’to, JJP and Ignont will all see time inside.

Everyone needs to stop “recruiting over” RS freshmen in their minds. Emerson and JJP will ball out
I think you overreacted to my post.

I pretty much said he would contribute from here on out.
Banks was ahead of him. And Banks is VERY good prospect at ILB. it's not slighting Peterson at all.
I said he could have 100 career tackls by his RSJr year and not even be a starter.
We need special teams guys. Peterson can play all position at LB so he will play all!

Not sute why you overreacted.

Since the football season ended, UT has essentially traded Tyson Helton, Charles Kelly, and Terry Fair for Jim Chaney, Tee Martin, and Derek Ansley, brought in a football recruiting class ranked between 9-12 nationally after a 5-7 season, and we are seeing the men's basketball team ranked #1.

Wow. Hopefully the momentum continues!
1549679729633.gif

Only comment I'll make on the Fields matter

There were lots of rumors all year about how upset he was with playing time - those videos of him walking off the field making sarcastic comments come to mind.

Supposedly Kirby lied to him about the role he was going to play.

He was understandably upset about his football situation.

With that being said, he 100% did use the racial slur thrown at him as a way to get a waiver - as was shown in the notes of his appeal.

How much of it was his situation / Kirby lying vs the atmosphere on campus after that comment? We'll never know for sure...

But what I do feel confident in saying is Tennessee is coming for EVERYBODY!

V,B! WGWTFA!

I think you overreacted to my post.

I pretty much said he would contribute from here on out.
Banks was ahead of him. And Banks is VERY good prospect at ILB. it's not slighting Peterson at all.
I said he could have 100 career tackls by his RSJr year and not even be a starter.
We need special teams guys. Peterson can play all position at LB so he will play all!

Not sute why you overreacted.
How does Banks look at LB?

Secondary recruiter for Eric Gray and Warren Burrell. I might add: Weinke was also the first coach mentioned, whenever Gray was talking about what brought him to Knoxville. Weinke also took over the recruitment of Maurer whenever Helton left; and speaking of his IMG connections, and what prize recruit he's landed from there, he was Primary recruiter for Chris Akporoghene. Need to do some learnin', man.

Also, AV has already said, WHEN we land Rogers from Michigan, Weinke will be who we can thank for it.

Also, to mention...Weinke was an Offensive Analyst at Bama before coming here; along with Osovet, I'm willing to say that he has a major input on the ENTIRE offense; does anyone truly believe that Pruitt brought him here just to coach RBs last year? Come on.

And lastly, @Bassmaster_Vol , I love you, man, and agree with you 9 out of 10 times; but, you are on the wrong side of this argument, my friend.
tenor.gif

I took it as in-state recruiting since we have to usually recruit on a national level, IMO.
That shows that fan’s ignorance. We have ALWAYS recruited nationally and have the highest recruiting budget in the country every year.

We have zero problems going into Georgia and taking their players.

Our recent struggles were self inflicted by ineptitude

Since the football season ended, UT has essentially traded Tyson Helton, Charles Kelly, and Terry Fair for Jim Chaney, Tee Martin, and Derek Ansley, brought in a football recruiting class ranked between 9-12 nationally after a 5-7 season, and we are seeing the men's basketball team ranked #1.

Wow. Hopefully the momentum continues!

Kinda brings a mischievous smile to your face, doesn't it.

Phillip-Fulmer-718x490.jpg

That shows that fan’s ignorance. We have ALWAYS recruited nationally and have the highest recruiting budget in the country every year.

We have zero problems going into Georgia and taking their players.

Our recent struggles were self inflicted by ineptitude
Point being, they don’t have to recruit nationally if they don’t want too, that’s all. I see both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back