'19 TN ILB Christopher Russell (Texas A&M signee)

Nobody in here was running the kid down until all the insiders went nuts. I wish the kid well. But the stories have been crazy...pissed off at coaches for talking about Chavis? Of all the coaches to pretend we were badmouthing, I wouldnt have tried saying it was him. Not one person who is a Vols fan wants someone here that does not want to be. Therefore, people are not upset that he picked aTm. Chris has only been on our radar for a month and a half so it isnt like everyone was all in on him. We didn't have time to be. Pappoe has been coming here to visit for over 5 years. Sometimes it isn't about stars. We have heard his name for a long time and really wanted this kid because we had anticipated him possibly being a Vol since before he picked up all the stars. Again, I wish the kid well.
It's cool, glad you're wishing him well. As far as the bad mouthing part about Chavis, i saw the text messages, but what do I know.

its pretty obvious none of us have a clue.

kid obviously has some talent if Chavis and Pruitt like him.

do i think he's TN's first second third or even fourth choice? not even close.

He may turn out to be great (I do not wish ill of any player) - but this recruitment suddenly becoming a battle of SEC teams is equally likely to be a consequence of ESD. Supply and Demand. Just because he's being pursued by quality coaches doesn't automatically equate to greatness. You can question a lot about Pruitt, but I don't believe his eye for defensive talent is on that list. There's a reason he wasn't offered at the camp.

You know Darnell Wright? The one that chose to visit his home state school even though he wasn't going to attend? The one that chose to visit the home state school out if respect for his home state? The kid held TN at a higher standard than other schools. He got all butt hurt because he didn't get an offer soon enough. Some players can get away with being divas, usually they are rated higher than 900.
No different than you and some other people on here holding him to a higher standard because he's an in-state kid right...........right?

I question the familiarity with Tennessee Football of anyone getting sensitive about Coach Chavis. Why would the recruit do that when he is just a youngster who wasn't in the stadium or on the tube when Chief was DC. Most of us had a lot of love for Coach Chavis. We certainly respected the man. But who among us endured third and Chavis without making disparaging remarks about them? Chavis's mustang package and prevent defenses were cussed and discussed for years, by fans who'd seen a lot of them. What would an eighteen year old recruit know about any of that? Who does he think he is to get all sensitive about things other people say when he does not know what they are talking about? Why would he? I doubt there is anything true about this rumor. The Chavis story could be bogus as some of the others associated with this recruitment, so I feel a little silly even responding to it. But seriously, that's the sort of stuff some person might come out with after spending way too much at the Taco Bell.

Last edited:
Keep avoiding having to say you've never been. The more you avoid, the more folks know you haven't ever been to Knoxville.
Never been to Knoxville? Dude, I literally lived 30 minutes from Knoxville until I was 20. You're one weird guy. Now go buy my tickets.

You've never played ball to say something like that.

Pruitt himself said Banks can play LB.
AND he was in front of Bates after the switch...
After one week of practicing at LB he easily surpassed him.

Banks just needs reps and added size/strength. Perfect ILB for our defense

Really hope you're right about this, and I think you are. But I'm knock, knock, knocking -- on wood.

Never been to Knoxville? Dude, I literally lived 30 minutes from Knoxville until I was 20. You're one weird guy. Now go buy my tickets.

Still haven't admitted you've been to Knoxville or attended a game and it has taken you how many posts to avoid answering? Tells me all I need to know.

Still haven't admitted you've been to Knoxville or attended a game and it has taken you how many posts to avoid answering? Tells me all I need to know.
I have told you that I've been to games. You just don't believe me. Just like I wouldn't believe you if you told me you didn't live alone. Go buy my tickets. You owe me 7.

No different than you and some other people on here holding him to a higher standard because he's an in-state kid right...........right?
I don't give two shats where he's from. All I know is he's a 900th ranked player that doesn't deserve this amount of attention. He'll waste away at aTm and probably transfer in a year or two. I get he's your bff and you feel the need to take up for your lil buddy.

Reactions: IH8TheHaslams
When did you say you've been to a game?
Literally the first time you made this weird, unfounded, statement that I've never been to a game. And now you're saying I've never been to Knoxville. You are one strange dude. Go buy my 7 tickets.

VN Store

Back