Thinking about moving to Knoxville

Berry4Heisman14

VOL til death
Thinking about transferring warehouses, I’d be going from Orlando to Knoxville and was wondering what are some good areas to live in in the Knoxville area? I’ll be taking a bit of a pay cut is 50-65K a livable wage in the Knoxville area? I’m trying to start out cheap, one bed room apartment kind of thing and save up money for a house but if I make this move it’s gonna be a permanent one. I’ve obviously been to numerous UT games but what’s the Knoxville area like to live in, and what are the best surrounding cities to live in? I’d prefer to be within 30 minutes of UT since my job is nearby

I'd suggest South Knoxville. People will try to steer you away, but it's largely fine. Just pay attention to detail when picking your place.

It's convenient to UT and downtown.

Thanks guys! I’m gonna keep researching. Not looking for anything fancy off the bat, something cheap so I can save money for a few years then buy myself a cabin!

It’s sysco Knoxville. I’ve heard it’s in a bad area of Knoxville, but I’m pretty clueless to the surrounding areas of knoxville
From a commute standpoint, I would look to the north side up around Powell, Emory road area. It's growing pretty fast and you should be able to get an apartment for $7-800 for a pretty nice one bedroom. That would put you about 5 miles from Sysco.

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14
It’s sysco Knoxville. I’ve heard it’s in a bad area of Knoxville, but I’m pretty clueless to the surrounding areas of knoxville
If you don't mind me asking what position will you have with Sysco? Which house are you currently with?

From a commute standpoint, I would look to the north side up around Powell, Emory road area. It's growing pretty fast and you should be able to get an apartment for $7-800 for a pretty nice one bedroom. That would put you about 5 miles from Sysco.
Appreciate it man! I may even settle for a studio I plan on just working and saving money for a cabin or something!

Sysco is kind of right in the middle. Commuting from South Knoxville might be through some thick traffic... UT and downtown are between SoKno and Sysco. Don't live on the East side. West is the best, but traffic from the far west (Farragut) will be bad as well. Near west should be okay. Powell, Karns, Norwood, Bearden (northern sections), downtown all pretty good options. Merchants Road, Western Avenue, Middlebrook Pike, Lonas Road/Papermill areas would be very easy commutes. Emory Road also, which is Powell on the west end and Halls on the east end. Did I say don't live east side? Don't live on the east side! Unless it's way out east... well beyond the city limits.

Last edited:
Sysco is kind of right in the middle. Commuting from South Knoxville might be through some thick traffic... UT and downtown are between SoKno and Sysco. Don't live on the East side. West is the best, but traffic from the far west Farragut) will be bad as well. Near west should be okay. Powell, Karns, Norwood, Bearden (northern sections), downtown all pretty good options. Merchants Road, Western Avenue, Middlebrook Pike, Lonas Road/Papermill areas would be very easy commutes. Emory Road also, which is Powell and the west end and Halls on the east end. Did I say don't live east side? Don't live on the easy side! Unless it's way out east... well beyond the city limits.
This helped a TON thank you!

VN Store

Back