Gator fans smell like **** thread

A another first year in the system in offense that hurts in a early game for sure

Fla has 2 open spots on OL open I fully believe Buchanan, Heggie, & Bleich end up starting

They bring back all their playmakers who actually were on a team that actually got better over the year and had its best finish since 2009

Mullen has improved the team tremendously over the 18 season. Could of been so easy to quit in sc or vandy game after the disaster that was mizzou preceded by Georgia

Then dropped 500+ Yds and 40+ pts on 2 teams they’d been whooped by consistently

Confidence building best believe

That shows me a lot about Mullen to pull off a complete transition of the offense in one year? Finished 22nd in scoring 35ppg

Facts there y’all got your hope that Pruitt can do it but that’s all u got atm

To expect beating Fla at home you ain’t there yet

Isn't this a duplicate post from a few pages back? Sure sounds like it.

A another first year in the system in offense that hurts in a early game for sure

Fla has 2 open spots on OL open

We have way more then 2 spots open on OL, the center is the only one that's probably penciled as starter, we are not sure if Heggie can stay healthy to be a starter. Bleich is unproven and the tackles are a big question marks at this time. I am sure they will get better as a unit as the season progresses. We need a proven starter to transfer in and lead the guys.

We have way more then 2 spots open on OL, the center is the only one that's probably penciled as starter, we are not sure if Heggie can stay healthy to be a starter. Bleich is unproven and the tackles are a big question marks at this time. I am sure they will get better as a unit as the season progresses. We need a proven starter to transfer in and lead the guys.

Are the Gators having to replace 3 or more starters on the OL?

Are the Gators having to replace 3 or more starters on the OL?
Good luck.

Recent G'ville Sun article:
Who’s gone: Tackles Martez Ivey and Jawaan Taylor, guards Fred Johnson and Tyler Jordan and tackle/guard Kavaris Harkless. This position group has been hit harder by departures than any other. The Gators are losing four of their starting five. Those four starters — Ivey, Taylor, Johnson and Jordan — have been starting games since their true freshman season. That was four years ago for Ivey, Johnson and Jordan and three for Taylor. The four combined to start 145 games. They were the heart of an offensive line that was a big disappointment in 2017, but eventually became a team strength in 2018 under new offensive line coach John Hevesy.

Who’s back: Tackles Noah Banks, T.J. Moore, Stone Forsythe and Richard Gouraige, guards Jean Delance, Brett Heggie, Chris Bleich, centers Nick Buchanan and T.J. McCoy and center/guard Griffin McDowell. Of those 10, only Buchanan, Heggie and McCoy have started games and seen significant playing time. All 10 have seen the field, even the true freshmen last season — Gouraige, Chris Bleich and McDowell.

Who’s new: The 10 scholarship offensive linemen on the roster will be reinforced by seven true freshmen — Kingsley Eguakun, Deyavie Hammond, Will Harrod, Riley Simonds, Michael Tarquin, Ethan White and Wardrick Wilson. Four — Eguakun, Harrod, Tarquin and White — are early enrollees who will participate in spring practice.

Of the players we are losing, Ivey had the most potential to be really good. He played every year, but never blossomed into the dominant lineman he was supposed to be. His draft stock, as a result, is only so-so.

Fact is, the offensive line has been probably the single biggest weakness on the team for over five years. But offensive lines are like that -- make or break -- because more than most positions they play as a unit. Their effectiveness is judged together.

And UF's offensive line underperformance has been baffling for a long time ... until this past year, when new coaching helped us maximize what we had. I'll be looking forward to the incoming players and watching them develop. For at least the first part of the season, however, I think we are going to have to rely a lot on good scheming to take pressure of them and off of Franks to maximize his limited mental capacity to run the passing game, and to maximize their ability to run-block.

Pretty sure bleich played pretty good last year and will most definitely play a starting role next yr

Pretty sure bleich played pretty good last year and will most definitely play a starting role next yr
He didn't play a meaningful snap to gauge that, Hev did mention he progressed well and progress was shown during bowl prep. I agree he will start but still a RS fresh and being good and SEC good are two different things.

He didn't play a meaningful snap to gauge that, Hev did mention he progressed well and progress was shown during bowl prep. I agree he will start but still a RS fresh and being good and SEC good are two different things.
Just watch Hevesy will have them straight

Fred Johnson was horrible before last year Hev turned him into a later round nfl OL

So your saying OL don’t rotate much I swear I saw him out there more and more at guard if just to give others a breather

That’s game exp shows he will be a starting at guard next year imo

There’s so many bodies already there miami DL worries me Tennessee not so much

Recent G'ville Sun article:

Of the players we are losing, Ivey had the most potential to be really good. He played every year, but never blossomed into the dominant lineman he was supposed to be. His draft stock, as a result, is only so-so.

Fact is, the offensive line has been probably the single biggest weakness on the team for over five years. But offensive lines are like that -- make or break -- because more than most positions they play as a unit. Their effectiveness is judged together.

And UF's offensive line underperformance has been baffling for a long time ... until this past year, when new coaching helped us maximize what we had. I'll be looking forward to the incoming players and watching them develop. For at least the first part of the season, however, I think we are going to have to rely a lot on good scheming to take pressure of them and off of Franks to maximize his limited mental capacity to run the passing game, and to maximize their ability to run-block.

It's still the SEC. If your teams OL is not performing well, that will affect every aspect of the offense. Having to rely on true freshman for depth can be difficult for the upcoming year, but can pay off for UF in the future.

Reactions: Gatornator
you know OL rotate a lot I swear I saw him out there more and more at guard if just to give others a breather

That’s game exp shows he will be a starting at guard possibly with his size tackle next year imo

Also believe in Richard Gouriage with Savage and Hev will be ready after 2 years

Clemons Bama Aub everyone wanted him

Also got TJ Moore and others plus a ton of guys from this class

Maybe I believe in Hev too much but I believe he has 3 good pieces back for sure

It's still the SEC. If your teams OL is not performing well, that will affect every aspect of the offense. Having to rely on true freshman for depth can be difficult for the upcoming year, but can pay off for UF in the future.

Agreed. I think we regress a bit next year unless we land a stud ol grad transfer with good starting experience.

Reactions: kclout
you know OL rotate a lot I swear I saw him out there more and more at guard if just to give others a breather

That’s game exp shows he will be a starting at guard possibly with his size tackle next year imo

Also believe in Richard Gouriage with Savage and Hev will be ready after 2 years

Clemons Bama Aub everyone wanted him

Also got TJ Moore and others plus a ton of guys from this class

Maybe I believe in Hev too much but I believe he has 3 good pieces back for sure

I really believe in Hev too but taking a guy with 3 starting experience vs right out HS is different. I believe both CB and RG will be studs but they'll take lumps next season and really hit stride game 8 beyond into next season where they should shine. LT really concerns though.

Parker Braun would be a great addition
Kid was a 2 time first team all acc for ga tech and is a grad transfer visiting UF this week

Could Gators land two of the Top 12 in Transfer Portal?

Also has a highly sought after brother in 2020 class so it could be. 2 for 1

INITIAL TOP 50
1: Justin Fields, QB (100)
Transferred to Ohio State from Georgia
2: Jalen Hurts, QB (97)
Transferred to Oklahoma from Alabama
3: Jaelan Phillips, OLB (96)
Transferring from UCLA
4: Bubba Bolden, S (95)
Transferred from USC to Miami
5: Jonah Jackson, OG (95)
Transferring from Rutgers
6: Aubrey Solomon, DT (95)
Transfer to Tennessee from Michigan
7: Parker Braun, OG (95)
Transferring from Georgia Tech

Introducing 247Sports' ranking of college football transfers

Last edited:
Don’t get big headed bud, It’s not a smart thing to bet against Pruitt especially with his players

Why isn't it a smart thing to bet against Pruitt? 95% of Saban disciples fail as head coaches. Smart is the only one that has worked out so far and even his in game coaching leaves a lot to be desired, he wins because he recruits at a record level but I'm not impressed with his in game coaching.

Pruitt has literally proven nothing as a head coach. Zilch, nada. All I know is with a chance to become bowl eligible his team completely took a dump.

Why isn't it a smart thing to bet against Pruitt? 95% of Saban disciples fail as head coaches. Smart is the only one that has worked out so far and even his in game coaching leaves a lot to be desired, he wins because he recruits at a record level but I'm not impressed with his in game coaching.

Pruitt has literally proven nothing as a head coach. Zilch, nada. All I know is with a chance to become bowl eligible his team completely took a dump.
"In-game coaching leaves something to be desired" I think can be said about any active college head coach other than Saban. And there are people out there (not me) who will take a lot of issue with Saban's in-game coaching too.

It's really rare to have a college coach who is a great tactician. Dabo is not a great tactician either - it isn't a coincidence Clemson went to another level when he hired Chad Morris then Venables as coordinators. I think that Urban was a pretty good tactician too, but he's not active anymore.

Side story about some real classy Gator fans.

Last night the Oklahoma Women's Gymnastics had a match with the UF team. There was also a special recognition ceremony for Women in Sports where all the available OU women's teams showed up and had stations in the concourse of the basketball arena where the kids could interact with the girls, play soccer, volleyball, etc and see some positive role models. Anyway, two visiting male UF fans decided in a slightly inebriated state to kick one of the soccer balls as hard as they could after jumping in front of a couple of kids, breaking one of the small "goals" in the process.

They were asked to leave. They protested. The police offered the "or else" option to leaving. They departed without determining what or else meant.

If you can't handle yourself with any more dignity than that at a gymnastics meet, you really don't need to buy a ticket to go in.

Ok I’m starting to believe Khris Bogle to UF and I’m very thankful he’s announcing like 830 waiting to be pumped or bummed can just go to work normal

VN Store

Back