'20 TN DE/LB Tyler Baron (UT SIGNEE)

His father is still employed with us
Didn't someone say that Baron was a long shot because of something Pruitt said/did to his father?

Not sure where that info came from but dad is still at UT and has no plans of leaving. Actually he and CJP hv a really good relationship. I had my son and some younger kids on campus with both a few wks ago to help buld some inroads for UT. I had 8u team that went 18-1 we had 3 OL including my son who are all massive we avg 108 across the OL. The kid pictures wih my son is a stud and wil be very special. Yes he ws 8 about 5 ft 137 lbs played OT, OG C, and NT. My son was a 1st yr kid who ws jut big and strong but has a lot to learn. Many of my OL gus wok out every week with James Stone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190120-131341_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190120-131341_Gallery.jpg
    432.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Screenshot_20190120-131519_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190120-131519_Gallery.jpg
    963.7 KB · Views: 134
  • Screenshot_20190120-131652_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190120-131652_Gallery.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 124
Not sure where that info came from but dad is still at UT and has no plans of leaving. Actually he and CJP hv a really good relationship. I had my son and some younger kids on campus with both a few wks ago to help buld some inroads for UT. I had 8u team that went 18-1 we had 3 OL including my son who are all massive we avg 108 across the OL. The kid pictures wih my son is a stud and wil be very special. Yes he ws 8 about 5 ft 137 lbs played OT, OG C, and NT. My son was a 1st yr kid who ws jut big and strong but has a lot to learn. Many of my OL gus wok out every week with James Stone.

Good to hear. I could have mixed him up with someone else as well. Hope Baron ends up a Vol. I know some who think he will be better than Grimes. Do you have an opinion on who has the bigger upside? Baron or Grimes?

I agree but it also has to be a balancing act. If you sign a big class people expect them to start winning by time they are sophomores and if they dont you the coaching staff will start being labeled as frauds. The transfers/blue shirts are helping to flip roster talent and should give us some contributing upper classman.
Transfers...yes. Blueshirts are unrecruited and the talent level suffers. Best we’ve ever taken was Jashon Robertson. They don’t flip talent levels...they lower them.

Transfers...yes. Blueshirts are unrecruited and the talent level suffers. Best we’ve ever taken was Jashon Robertson. They don’t flip talent levels...they lower them.
The only blue shirts that should be used is one where you convince a talented kid to take one do to academic concerns and they agree. An example of this would be of they could convince Anthony Harris to take one and that would require a heck of a recruiting pitch

Lil monster squad. Keep us updated. As far as Baron, huge want and need. One of my 3 most wanted athletes in next class. Arik Gilbert and Reggie Grimes the other 2. Keep em feed, GBO.

The only blue shirts that should be used is one where you convince a talented kid to take one do to academic concerns and they agree. An example of this would be of they could convince Anthony Harris to take one and that would require a heck of a recruiting pitch
I still don’t see how he could possibly qualify for one. One of our earliest commits in this class.

The VQ podcast today really talked up the importance of someone like him from in state committing early and being a leader of in state recruiting for the 2020 class. They also mentioned he is best friends with Lawrence and good friends with Grimes. It would be nice to see him commit around the 2019 signing day just like Lampley did last year.

The VQ podcast today really talked up the importance of someone like him from in state committing early and being a leader of in state recruiting for the 2020 class. They also mentioned he is best friends with Lawrence and good friends with Grimes. It would be nice to see him commit around the 2019 signing day just like Lampley did last year.
Yes, the 2020 instate class is a much bigger priority than 2019. February will be big month for 2020. Getting a big time instate defensive commit early to help peer recruit along with Harrison Bailey will be crucial. This guy fits that bill.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Isnt there some anti UT sentiment in Catholic at the moment?
I just think that the head coach was close to Butch. Butch kids played there so you know how that goes with whatever came with having the head coach of UT kids playing for your football team. Hopefully it’s something Pruitt already situated

Reactions: GoVolsDR
Hes only doing it so he doesn't get fined....or hes doing his Bill Bellicheck impersonation giving absolutely nothing away.

VN Store

Back