'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

So, according to Swain and Price, negative comments on message boards and Twitter can affect a recruits desire to attend Tennessee. Then why wouldn't rival fans use these means for negative recruiting? Why would anyone, recruits included, use a few negative comments by anonymous people on message boards or Twitter to make any decision?

So, according to Swain and Price, negative comments on message boards and Twitter can affect a recruits desire to attend Tennessee. Then why wouldn't rival fans use these means for negative recruiting? Why would anyone, recruits included, use a few negative comments by anonymous people on message boards or Twitter to make any decision?
Agreed. Pretty stupid if they did.

You would think they would be intelligent enough to figure that one out. If not, we don't need them.

Reactions: Mightyvol
Its been more than a few. and in this case it has gotten pretty personal on here hating on the family. that's a lot different than questioning his size/weight. also growing up as UT fans its got to feel like a betrayal with how vitriolic it has been. Its not like this was one guy hating on a kid and family. the Cade thread turned into an epic crap show, even by VN standards.

If they are that weak mentally, we don't want them..

Its been more than a few. and in this case it has gotten pretty personal on here hating on the family. that's a lot different than questioning his size/weight. also growing up as UT fans its got to feel like a betrayal with how vitriolic it has been. Its not like this was one guy hating on a kid and family. the Cade thread turned into an epic crap show, even by VN standards.
This is exactly what I was going to say. It was just a "few anonymous users" online. There were probably hundreds (if not more) of people between the day Cade signed with UGA till now who have bashed both him and Cooper. And like Louder said, it got pretty personal, too.

This is exactly what I was going to say. It was just a "few anonymous users" online. There were probably hundreds (if not more) of people between the day Cade signed with UGA till now who have bashed both him and Cooper. And like Louder said, it got pretty personal, too.

If he, or his family, want to blame someone, talk to Cade for the current situation. He could have not thrown the hat, showed the maturity and respect his father I'm assuming taught him, but he didn't and people will not forgive. Fans are fans, every team has them. The good, the bad, the ugly.

If he, or his family, want to blame someone, talk to Cade for the current situation. He could have not thrown the hat, showed the maturity and respect his father I'm assuming taught him, but he didn't and people will not forgive. Fans are fans, every team has them. The good, the bad, the ugly.
I didn't know Cade threw the hat.

I never said Cade was blameless. I'm just saying it was more than a few random strangers online.

You would think they would be intelligent enough to figure that one out. If not, we don't need them.

Guessing they might click on the user ID and see a bunch of posts for the guy to determine validity of the poster.. it is when they check out that damage can be done...

Y'all don't understand how some of the comments made on here could be upsetting to a 16-18 year old? Do you even read some of the posts?

Not everyone here voices their opinions in the kindest ways. People were giving hell to Rivals the other day for some of the things they say about recruits. Not a direct comparison bc were anonymous here, but still relevant.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
He didn't. People are projecting other incidents onto him.

You are correct, I was wrong about the hat, that was Walker. Cade made the music video thing where he bumped his gums about Tennessee and others. Point is, he opened the door himself for others to have a beef with him. That it spills over to his brother is a byproduct of his immaturity. There have been many cases of legacy and brothers who have played and not played at Tennessee for various reasons. Most of those events were taken in stride by this fanbase.

You are correct, I was wrong about the hat, that was Walker. Cade made the music video thing where he bumped his gums about Tennessee and others. Point is, he opened the door himself for others to have a beef with him. That it spills over to his brother is a byproduct of his immaturity. There have been many cases of legacy and brothers who have played and not played at Tennessee for various reasons. Most of those events were taken in stride by this fanbase.

wait, so its cade's fault that a bunch of goofballs are mad at cooper for something cade did? hmm.

In this case, yes, does that make right, no. That doesn't change the goofballs perception or their ammunition.

might as well tattoo "goofball" on their foreheads. continuing to trash talk a kid because of his college choice a full year later is so childish it hurts, and taking it out on his younger brother is some of the most spineless, chicken-**** nonsense that goes on around here, and THAT'S saying something. leave the kid alone. leave his brother alone. grow the **** up.

I don't care if there were a hundred or more negative comments, that number is insignificant in relation to the number of TN fans. You also have no idea if the disparaging comments are from TN fans are not because they are from face less keyboard warriors. All kind of cr-p is hollered at athletes and rarely should they even heard it or pay attention. Again, any recruit or a recruits parents who base a decision off message board chatter or lack thereof, is, imho foolish. Cooper should base his decision on what is best for him, period. I hope it is TN. Home of the best fanbase in college athletics.

Reactions: Volunteer forever
might as well tattoo "goofball" on their foreheads. continuing to trash talk a kid because of his college choice a full year later is so childish it hurts, and taking it out on his younger brother is some of the most spineless, chicken-**** nonsense that goes on around here, and THAT'S saying something. leave the kid alone. leave his brother alone. grow the **** up.

You can say what you want, call them whatever name and stomp your feet about it, but they won't stop until they do. The best is to just not do idiotic things like many recruits do, at this school and others. Throwing hats, making videos, disrespecting other schools. This is why most coaches don't allow the kids to get on camera. Keep them from digging holes for themselves or their teams. That being said. Cade did what he did, he opened the can of worms. Don't be mad, or surprised that they come wiggling out.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
You can say what you want, call them whatever name and stomp your feet about it, but they won't stop until they do. The best is to just not do idiotic things like many recruits do, at this school and others. Throwing hats, making videos, disrespecting other schools. This is why most coaches don't allow the kids to get on camera. Keep them from digging holes for themselves or their teams. That being said. Cade did what he did, he opened the can of worms. Don't be mad, or surprised that they come wiggling out.

"kids should stop being kids, or the adults on the internet will yell at them, and they'll deserve it."

it'd be nice if we could expect the adults to compose themselves in regards to situations that really don't personally involve them in any way instead of expecting a bunch of 17 year-olds to have wisdom and restraint that most of us did not exhibit at that age.

"kids should stop being kids, or the adults on the internet will yell at them, and they'll deserve it."

it'd be nice if we could expect the adults to compose themselves in regards to situations that really don't personally involve them in any way instead of expecting a bunch of 17 year-olds to have wisdom and restraint that most of us did not exhibit at that age.
Exactly. Yes, kids will do stupid things. But that doesn't mean an adult who is at least twice their age should call them "traitors" and never forgive them for something they did at 17 that wasn't murder or another heinous crime.

I had a nice long post about all kinds of sociological points of view. Realized it was a waste. While I'm sure many adults are the ones doing the deed. I'm sure just as many 17 and under are also saying crazy crap. This isn't an adult vs kids thing. College players, even pros, and non athletes to this day make stupid statements, tweets, etc and pay the backlash. Ask the Dixie Chicks and the millions they lost.

Plus I'm pretty certain Cade wasn't 17, he was 18, legal to smoke, go to war, vote, get married and many other things, and obviously act like a doof. One year, I understand, but, technically, a man.

Reactions: Remy

VN Store

Back