Endzone Football Thread

As much criticism as coaches get, you have to trust them until they give you reason not to. Pruitt hasn't had enough time to give us reason. He inherited a mess, and he seems to be doing the hard work necessary to clean it up. For now, I'm gonna trust what he does. and his evaluations. The real story of how good a coach he is won't be told until season three or four IMO.

He's the best we've ever had at taking sacks & throwin 10 yard passes.... sideways. I'll be glad when this clown is history
Assholishness is best left in the FF.

JG has deficiencies, but poor protection and play calling(neither of which he controls) certainly play a part in your complaints.

Reactions: VolNExile
As much criticism as coaches get, you have to trust them until they give you reason not to. Pruitt hasn't had enough time to give us reason. He inherited a mess, and he seems to be doing the hard work necessary to clean it up. For now, I'm gonna trust what he does. and his evaluations. The real story of how good a coach he is won't be told until season three or four IMO.
I am starting to see that many Zoners are old, and therefore have a certain amount of wisdom as to how things work.

The average age of the FF seems to be about 17. Maybe.

Sh!t takes time, like it or not.

Boy crush on JG......OK. Change your name to JG4Heisman. When you take as many sacks as he did from the front & right sides, something's wrong. Today's rules protect the qb when the balls not in their hand. Throw it away. It's that simple. Guys been playin qb for probably 10 years & acts like last year was his first. He's terrible
No boy crush. Just no blind hatred for a kid. Like I said, he has deficiencies. Lots of QBs do. Most are lucky enough to have assets that help mask their deficiencies. JG has not been that fortunate.

Boy crush on JG......OK. Change your name to JG4Heisman. When you take as many sacks as he did from the front & right sides, something's wrong. Today's rules protect the qb when the balls not in their hand. Throw it away. It's that simple. Guys been playin qb for probably 10 years & acts like last year was his first. He's terrible
He's not perfect, but he's what we have.

Stop being an a**hole, complaining about who we have on the roster.

Were you of the opinion that we had two dozen record-setting QBs that we turned away for JG?

Dance with who brung ya. And if you're not satisfied with who brung ya, take a look in the mirror and do what it takes to get what you think is a higher level of hotness.

Callin someone an a hole cause their opinion is not what you want it to be. Real Classy
OK, I apologize, I thought I was on the FF and responded accordingly. I didn't realize that I was on the forum of the semi-civilized. :D

I still get incredibly impatient with people who bang on JG all day long, when he was the best that we had.

Callin someone an a hole cause their opinion is not what you want it to be. Real Classy
It's not your opinion, it's how you express your opinion. You can point out JG's deficiencies without resorting to crudeness. Criticism comes across better when you say more than "he sucks".

Reactions: Guest
It's not your opinion, it's how you express your opinion. You can point out JG's deficiencies without resorting to crudeness. Criticism comes across better when you say more than "he sucks".
Since when has the zone been the more respectful place to post?
I’m all for it as I’m trying not to be that kind of ******* anymore but still.

Reactions: DD4ME
Tell me JG holds onto the ball too long and I'll agree. Tell me he doesn't step up in the pocket like he should and I'll say you have a point. Tell me he hasn't given his all for UT and I'll call you a bold faced liar. I'm all for honest critiques, but we forget these are young men out there putting their bodies on the line for our entertainment. I've never said JG was the greatest. He has his problems and I hope Chaney and the staff can coach him on those, but he wasn't helped by those around him either. His OL was horrible, and much of the play calling was garbage IMO. Yet JG gets the brunt of the criticism.

Tell me JG holds onto the ball too long and I'll agree. Tell me he doesn't step up in the pocket like he should and I'll say you have a point. Tell me he hasn't given his all for UT and I'll call you a bold faced liar. I'm all for honest critiques, but we forget these are young men out there putting their bodies on the line for our entertainment. I've never said JG was the greatest. He has his problems and I hope Chaney and the staff can coach him on those, but he wasn't helped by those around him either. His OL was horrible, and much of the play calling was garbage IMO. Yet JG gets the brunt of the criticism.
NFL scouts like him.
But what the **** do they know?

hPo121Y.gif

According to 247, Lilly is taking a job with the Browns.

Charles Kelly is apparently staying, which begs the question, who's leaving? We currently have more coaches than technically allowed.

Apparently DeAngelo Gibbs will transfer to UT from UGA.

According to 247, Lilly is taking a job with the Browns.

Charles Kelly is apparently staying, which begs the question, who's leaving? We currently have more coaches than technically allowed.

Apparently DeAngelo Gibbs will transfer to UT from UGA.
Is DeAngelo any good and what position does he play?

VN Store

Back