My biggest hope/Longshot for 2019

Go aeiou

TnTrash
That We have a decent Oline. I don't expect much improvement, but if one or two freshmen can make a positive impact and Smith can come back it could happen. I don't see much improvement from other returners. I hope they prove me wrong.
A long shot though. I expect another crummy Oline with some real players coming in.

It has been a long time. A short tease under Butch thanks to Dobbs, Hurd, etc.

Expecting Smith to come back is just wishful thinkng. Richmond is gone. Now we all know thats a good thing, BUT, obviously there wasnt anyone good enough to beat him out. Thats a scary thought. Smith played out of position because we didnt have an OL good enough to hold down the LT spot. I think the OL will be a little better but still near the bottom of the SEC.

Expecting Smith to come back is just wishful thinkng. Richmond is gone. Now we all know thats a good thing, BUT, obviously there wasnt anyone good enough to beat him out. Thats a scary thought. Smith played out of position because we didnt have an OL good enough to hold down the LT spot. I think the OL will be a little better but still near the bottom of the SEC.
Yes, probably Smith is gone. As I said "Longshot". He does need to do what is best for his health. No question.

we’ll be fine in time.
Smith shouldn’t return. No doctor should sign off on it.
Richmond is out good or bad
The freshmen coming in will be great after a year in the SC

It will probably get worse before it gets better. Buckle up and prepare to worship the ground our backup QB walks on.

That We have a decent Oline. I don't expect much improvement, but if one or two freshmen can make a positive impact and Smith can come back it could happen. I don't see much improvement from other returners. I hope they prove me wrong.
A long shot though. I expect another crummy Oline with some real players coming in.

It has been a long time. A short tease under Butch thanks to Dobbs, Hurd, etc.
Huge long shot. No Smith and likely 2 true freshmen.....2019 is gonna be rough

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I don't expect much improvement.

Personally, I expect a lot of improvement. Albeit, keep in mind that we were so awful this season, that a "lot of improvement" could simply mean we have the 3rd worst O-line in the SEC, rather than the worst O-line in all of the P5 conferences.

We were dead last in the FBS on a lot of advanced O-line stats. So going from 130th to 84th would be a significant improvement.

We'll start 3 future 1st round freshman and be better than average. Kennedy, Trey, Chance and Jamir Johnson will round out a solid OL.

OL will block so well that Chandler and Jordan will look back to see if there was a false start or time out because they weren't touched by the DL or LBs.

Personally, I expect a lot of improvement. Albeit, keep in mind that we were so awful this season, that a "lot of improvement" could simply mean we have the 3rd worst O-line in the SEC, rather than the worst O-line in all of the P5 conferences.

We were dead last in the FBS on a lot of advanced O-line stats. So going from 130th to 84th would be a significant improvement.
I don't see it, but I hope you are correct.
Last year was really too painful to watch. Oline just watched the other team run by them. not a comment on their effort. I don't have an opinion about that.

its not a good thing but unfortunately a lot of you are stupid enough to think that

Reactions: Devo182
We'll start 3 future 1st round freshman and be better than average. Kennedy, Trey, Chance and Jamir Johnson will round out a solid OL.

OL will block so well that Chandler and Jordan will look back to see if there was a false start or time out because they weren't touched by the DL or LBs.

Why do you think Trey plays again? Also, what is Jamir Johnson's weight now? He was small last year. Who are the 3 future 1st rounders? Keep n mind, we havent technically locked Wright up yet. You really expect good things from Hall?

Some of you guys act like building an OL is a 20 year process. The development and S&C under Jones were horrible. But two years is enough time to start seeing some significant positive changes. The improvement curve should be much steeper early also. If the OL doesn't take a significant step forward and especially with Chaney... then CJP is probably not "the guy".

VN Store

Back