Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Brandon wimbush may transfer to UCF. Not sure how I feel about that. Milton probably isn't gonna play but wimbush wasn't exactly great at Notre dame.

Anyone who answered Pigeon or French Broad on the river, I’m sure we know each other. But to answer your question, probably 20-30% know each other or of each other or know family/friends of each other.

Yah, and I used to work in Harlan for years and know lots of people there so I’m pretty McGill and I know lots of the same people or I might even know his family.

Then LSU could have won if defensive starters played. Many angles there.
10 of the defensive starters in that game started at least 4 games this season. Most started more. Greedy was really the only one that was head and shoulders above the replacements.

Here’s today’s random question. What percentage of people on Volnation actually know each other or have at least met? Would you say less than 5%? Just curious... I find it amazing how you begin thinking you know someone because you’ve posted in a forum with them for years yet have never met in person. Until recently, how many of us knew (didn’t care either way) that @HankHill was black? Lol. Or which posters are women or even the ages. I’ll admit, many of your names creates the image I think about when you post. I think of @Ulysees E. McGill as a grouchy old guy, @Ron Swanson as well, Ron Swanson and so on. Anyway, carry on. 👊🏼
Never would thought you were 41. I've always pictures @nicksjuzunk as a ninja. & @Big Gucci Sosa as Tupac. 🤷‍♂️

I just hope he lands somewhere outside the SEC. I would hate to see him standing on the sideline of anyone we were playing. I do believe he would fit in well with one of the armed service teams.

Having been in the Air Force I would disagree. I don't think he would fit in.

To be fair, McGill, you made these same types of comments when people questioned Butch’s staff. And made similar defenses in 2018 of an OC who clearly was struggling and Pruitt wanted to replace.

Being skeptical of a coach based on performances we’ve seen isn’t unfair.

As for the OL, I kind of lean towards the explanation that a combination of lack of talent, inexperience, lack of depth, scheme asking too much of them, and some amount of dysfunction in the offensive staff is the most likely reason for the struggles we saw last year. But there’s no way to know for sure, really. We just know they were bad in basically every facet of the game.

If we can’t see them take a big step forward this year (at least in the knowing your assignment department), that will be a really big red flag that we’re not getting enough From Friend. Jury is still out though and he does have a very good resume to give hope that that won’t be the case.
I don't ever remember defending Butchs OL coach, or Azzani, or Larry Scott. I did defend Bob Shoop and some others pretty vigorously.

I gave Helton the benefit of the doubt because this teams OL roster just...His play calling admittedly sucked, but as far as coaching QB position wise, you have to admit he got better results from JG overall.

Will Friend is highly regarded by his peers, and most people with any common sense as a OL position coach...period. He ain't the problem...period. Just like Bob Shoop wasn't the problem...period.

Here’s today’s random question. What percentage of people on Volnation actually know each other or have at least met? Would you say less than 5%? Just curious... I find it amazing how you begin thinking you know someone because you’ve posted in a forum with them for years yet have never met in person. Until recently, how many of us knew (didn’t care either way) that @HankHill was black? Lol. Or which posters are women or even the ages. I’ll admit, many of your names creates the image I think about when you post. I think of @Ulysees E. McGill as a grouchy old guy, @Ron Swanson as well, Ron Swanson and so on. Anyway, carry on. 👊🏼
Pretty much nailed me.

Never met anyone on here knowingly, but I'm sure people I know are on here. I always figure someone I get into with on here would end up being someone I know. So I will keep steering clear of mentioning my UN in the wild.

It’s impossible for me to read a Swanson post without envisioning Ron Swanson. I don’t ever want to meet or see him because it would ruin it for me. Lol.

Most of you probably envision me as an overly handsome, gay Hispanic man since I have landscaping in my name but in reality I am Swedish

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back