'16 NC QB Austin Kendall (former UT commit)

He's a grad transfer with 2 years left.
tenor.gif

This would a great situation for both UT and Kendall.

He can play immediately and become a much better QB under Chaney and a improved OL. NFL draft stock goes way up.

We would have an experienced backup QB in JG if he stays. Also have two other QBs in Shrout and Maurer. Probably would lose one or the other via transfer.

Have Bailey come in 2020 and redshirt.

This would a great situation for both UT and Kendall.

He can play immediately and become a much better QB under Chaney and a improved OL. NFL draft stock goes way up.

We would have an experienced backup QB in JG if he stays. Also have two other QBs in Shrout and Maurer. Probably would lose one or the other via transfer.

Have Bailey come in 2020 and redshirt.

No way JG would stay

No way JG would stay
Judging by the actions of some of the players clamoring for Hurts, its safe to say JG being tough and taking hits hasn't won them over leadership wise. JG may be a better qb this past year but being able to take hits does not mean you are the savior to this team, yeah he had a high completion percentage on screens and passes of relative short yardage, which makes him serviceable not good. Underthrown deep balls and cement feet are what killed most drives. Yeah he threw 2 interceptions though, the chances of being intercepted on screens and short throws is minimal. Bring in Kendall for two years, JG transfers and we await the arrival of Bailey to lead us in 2021.

I worked in the OU athletic department and still know a lot of people there, that was mostly for competitive purposes. Everyone on campus knew Kyler was going to follow Baker.

Kendall was very interested in UT during his recruitment out of HS. Been under Riley for years. Seems like you should definitely go after him. I love JG but the man is a statue at times.

That being said, I can't wait to see what Shrout can do in the coming months.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
Kendall was very interested in UT during his recruitment out of HS. Been under Riley for years. Seems like you should definitely go after him. I love JG but the man is a statue at times.
So interested that he committed.

Kendall to UT, please. JG's had 3 years to learn how to pre-snap read and read coverages. 4-8 and 5-7 while being #121 in total O this past season is enough. Kendall has been schooled in quick read, high octane offense by one of the best. Chaney could refine and we would be good until Bailey arrives.

History lesson:

Committed to Tennessee and Butch basically de-recruited him to get JG in the same class.

I hated that move at the time, but came around on JG by the end of his senior year and can circuit and decided to “trust the coaches.” While I continue to support JG as a Tennessee player, I’ve always thought this was the better QB.

Would be bizarre full circle to see him return to Tennessee and unseat the player that essentially took his spot

History lesson:

Committed to Tennessee and Butch basically de-recruited him to get JG in the same class.

I hated that move at the time, but came around on JG by the end of his senior year and can circuit and decided to “trust the coaches.” While I continue to support JG as a Tennessee player, I’ve always thought this was the better QB.

Would be bizarre full circle to see him return to Tennessee and unseat the player that essentially took his spot
Yea I remember thinking we definitely upgraded when JG got on board. But mostly because he appeared to run like a deer in his highlights. We th that being said, no one knows if Kendall is any good. If he where then Riley would be getting prepared to win another Heisman with the guy. He’s nothing special and would likely get beat out by JG

Reactions: k-town_king

VN Store

Back