(Rumor) Chaney reached out to Hurts

Hurts is an excellent football player and person. He is exactly the type person you want on your team. Why wouldn't UT go after him? It's about making the team stronger, not the feelings if individual team members. I would love to see him in Orange and White!

I would take Hurts over JG all day everyday. JG is a middle to bottom of the pack SEC QB. Look... face it... if JG was playing for FL or GA and we had to play them, would we be concerned? Not all, we would love the idea of going up against JG because he's 0 dimensional. It's harsh, yes... is he a student athlete? yes... does he give his all for UT... i guess, but don't think for a second this guy is some Manning or Tebow... or even Rick Clausen when it comes to laying it all at there for his team. This kid is a Butch remnant and plays like it. Ever since he boo hoo'd on the sideline of the Ga. Tech game i've not be a fan. If we got any shot at Hurts, i'd say cut the fat and send JG to the portal. Harsh but we've been nice enough and that's what got us to this point, complete jokes of NCAA college football.

This is stupid. He comes to UT & Pruitt plays JG and does Hurts just like he did to Chryst.
If I were Hurts, I would run from UT in a dead sprint. He will come here to ride the bench.
Guarantee it
What do we get if you're wrong? I have this nasty habit of reading the fine print on guarantees.

The upside is he’s a proven winner and would likely win us some games we might otherwise lose.

The downside is it might cause a transfer. Not sure who or if this is even a bad thing as we don’t know what we have at QB beyond JG.

Get 8 plus wins next year and I don’t care who’s playing.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Bring a Mobile QB actually alleviates having a crappy line. Plus our line will somewhat improve with bigger bodies coming in. Having a mobile QB on our team would be an automatic upgrade alone.

Not here combined with the fact that he is a very average passer. Terrible combo.

One, UT's OL will likely improve a good bit with another year of good S&C, consistent OL coaching, and Chaney who seems to be pretty good at making lemonade OL's.

Two, most assume the OL was as bad as it looked. JG's slow decision making played into it as well. The OL definitely had problems... but when your QB doesn't read D's well and doesn't make good, quick decisions... it makes the OL look much worse. Before arguing with me, go back and take a look at how many sacks the OL gave up with Dormady then with JG. Did they really become 10 times worse? Dormady definitely had his own set of issues. His decisions weren't always the best ones. But you can correct someone who is decisive and makes mistakes. If someone is hesitant... you can't correct anything else until you get past that.

Anyone suggesting UT is a good landing spot for Hurts needs a medical examination.

Reactions: FLSTF-VOL
He would be an excellent bridge to 2020 when Bailey arrives. I’d hate it for JG but Hurts would give us a much better chance to improve this year.

I like you don't know much about Hurts but I did watch the SECC game and he came off bench pulled them out. After the game Saban almost broke in to tears explaining what a great team guy and just what a great person Jalen was/is. He said just not enough superlatives to express.. It might have been BS but that what I saw..

Again, I don't know anything about Hurts......I would not know Hurts if he walked into my office this very second. Hurts may be the best quarterback to ever take a breath......I don't know because I don't follow bama ball. I am simply relaying what I have been told over and over and over and over........

As for saban, I am absolutely certain he would be extremely kind and say anything about his most experienced backup quarterback who is only one play away from taking the field......now you see how saban gets all the best players.

I would take Hurts over JG all day everyday. JG is a middle to bottom of the pack SEC QB. Look... face it... if JG was playing for FL or GA and we had to play them, would we be concerned? Not all, we would love the idea of going up against JG because he's 0 dimensional. It's harsh, yes... is he a student athlete? yes... does he give his all for UT... i guess, but don't think for a second this guy is some Manning or Tebow... or even Rick Clausen when it comes to laying it all at there for his team. This kid is a Butch remnant and plays like it. Ever since he boo hoo'd on the sideline of the Ga. Tech game i've not be a fan. If we got any shot at Hurts, i'd say cut the fat and send JG to the portal. Harsh but we've been nice enough and that's what got us to this point, complete jokes of NCAA college football.

Aww did big bad JG hurt someone's widdle feelings in his first game? 😭😭😟😟😢😢

Rick Clausen? 🙃🙃🙃🙃☠☠☠☠

Some of y'all are ridiculous.

Reactions: johnfnkelly
Good thing about Hurts is that people would have to actually debate him vs JG without having to accuse others of racism when the JG Fanboys get their feelings hurt the minute one ounce of criticism comes towards their golden boy.

Reactions: LosingFaithVol
Aww did big bad JG hurt someone's widdle feelings in his first game? 😭😭😟😟😢😢

Rick Clausen? 🙃🙃🙃🙃☠☠☠☠

Some of y'all are ridiculous.

Rick Clausen was a 10x the Vol JG is. Just watch the LSU 2005 game. More than half the team wanted Clausen to start of Ainge but Fulmer/Cutcliff weren't having it. Did you see Clausen boo hoo'ing on the sidelines??? Nope... he stayed ready and when his name was called on he whipped the LSU tigers on their home turf under the lights.

So why am I ridiculous? You're saying if Hurts vowed to come here on the condition that we promised him the starting QB spot which would require Pruitt to inform JG his services were no longer needed, you wouldn't think that's a net positive for UT?

:D IOW's, we don't have a real argument... you just want to say something.

Yes, sensible arguments, equal no argument to you.

An NFL long shot at QB should prep himself by spending his last year in college at a program that is still in the process of crawling out of the abyss. From our side, we should spend the second year of our rebuild with a still average at best o line blocking for a very average passer.

So easy to see this.

VN Store

Back