Does this mean that Pruitt intends to hand over the keys to the offense?

There was reason for people to speculate.

No one associated with the program said or did anything to change the appearance of the situation.

Now, we finally get to see and hear things to show us that the appearance was not reality, and we're both relieved and excited. It eventually worked out very well.

Also, some of the drama around the program would subside if the people in charge had even a modicum of PR savvy. But ultimately, they just need to win games and the rest will take care of itself.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
I don't believe there is a HC worth his weight that does not get involved with every facet of the team, sure there is degrees of involvement, but I would be damned if I am making $millions and not have some kind of input OC's or DC's scheme. Sorry, its my world and if I am going to answer all the questions after a game, I am going to know what the heck is going on and take all the accountability for the failures and spread the wealth on successes, that is just how it roles.

After declaring yourself "through" for hiring Chaney and now this, maybe you'd be happier with your GA friends.
The last time i checked , I have as much right to express my opinions on this site as do you. So, whether you like it or not I will continue to post what I want to post !

I like Chaney as OC, DNK if Pruitt tried to micromanage Helton I've saw both on sideline and looked like Helton was gettn azz chewing but u never know whats said in heat of game . Pruitt being
1st yr H C and me Tn fan I hope he had input with all staff. Pruitts job depends on these people doing theirs correctly.
Chaney has lot SEC experience as OC I'd give him keys to Offense my head would huddle listening and giving input as needed GO VOLS go to work...……...

The last time i checked , I have as much right to express my opinions on this site as do you. So, whether you like it or not I will continue to post what I want to post !

Of course you do; no one stated otherwise and we're all happy you're not really "through".

But, if you find yourself continuing to side with GA fans against TN's OC before he's had a chance to call a play, there're places you might be more content.

I sincerely hope I am wrong about Chaney. Would love to see him win a NC. However, time will tell ! At least I can say I am very disappointed because I celebrated when he left before. I simply like a spread offense more than a Pro type set. Simply because it helps teams with lesser talent equalize the opportunity. Especially at the line of scrimmage. The last few years we have not been able to recruit talent that were capable of running a pro type offense. The spread opens the running lanes much easier, in my opinion. Again, i hope I am wrong and Chaney is capable of recruiting lineman capable of running a pro type set. For example, look what Mullins did his FIRST year at Florida. The spread is deadly when ran properly by someone who knows what he is doing. Obviously we do not intend to run a spread. That is very disappointing to me. Personally I have nothing against Chaney . I cannot see much he did for us before and I do not expect anymore now.

Last edited:
I sure hope so. I would prefer that Pruitt keep a closer eye on the defense and let Chaney do his thing on offense.
Fulmer did that with Cutcliffe BUT Chaney is no Cutcliffe

longsufferingvol,Shoop was a bust because he was "under" B.tch.Surprising how he wasso good at Penn State,then,after UT,at Miss. State.Try to find the only "bust"here!

I sincerely hope I am wrong about Chaney. Would love to see him win a NC. However, time will tell ! At least I can say I am very disappointed because I celebrated when he left before. I simply like a spread offense more than a Pro type set. Simply because it helps teams with lesser talent equalize the opportunity. Especially at the line of scrimmage. The last few years we have not been able to recruit talent that were capable of running a pro type offense. The spread opens the running lanes much easier, in my opinion. Again, i hope I am wrong and Chaney is capable of recruiting lineman capable of running a pro type set. For example, look what Mullins did his FIRST year at Florida. The spread is deadly when ran properly by someone who knows what he is doing. Obviously we do not intend to run a spread. That is very disappointing to me. Personally I have nothing against Chaney . I cannot see much he did for us before and I do not expect anymore now.

The second best offensive numbers in program history were under his guidance with Bray as QB, and you are disappointed. The guy can coach, so just sit back and watch what he can accomplish before being disappointed. The OL is the biggest challenge for him IMO.

GO VOLS!!!

Reactions: FlyFishnVol
Of course you do; no one stated otherwise and we're all happy you're not really "through".

But, if you find yourself continuing to side with GA fans against TN's OC before he's had a chance to call a play, there're places you might be more content.

I see what you did there............that was too funny. Any poster can say what they want, heck, I have received a few negative comments about my post, just don't be naive and think members of this blog are not going to jump on your wavering devotion to UT. I meant my second sentence for the the other OP...........sorry.

Being an optimist, I’m excited about an Osovet/Chaney offense. Could be a great team.
2019 could be a better year than some expect.

Go VOLS!!!!!!

VN Store

Back