'20 NC QB Navy Shuler

With our recent pickup of Harrison Bailey for 2020, what are the odds we offer Navy?

If he doesn't end up here I could see him tearing it up at Duke under Cutcliffe.

Seriously, an Elite 11 QB a Preferred walk on? He will not walk on anywhere. He is a FBS scholarship QB.
That's an invitation to a camp where they compete to get into elite 11. Not the actual elite 11. A whole lot of QBs go to those camps that may not get offers from big programs.

The younger crowd on Volnation need to watch some video of Heath Shuler and see what "lay(ing) it all out there" means. How often do you see a QB running as lead blocker for a RB? .

Sounds like a QB trying to get hurt. No doubt it's awesome but it's hard to stay healthy.

Pretty content with Bailey. He has to prove he is worth a 2nd quarterback spot in the class which is a tough sell with so many needs elsewhere. Let’s see how the roster looks in a year

So aside from height, what’s missing from his game? Not trying to be smart, I don’t know much about his development and level of competition.
Asheville area football is like...not very competitive. Granted, Leonard Little is from here as is Craig King.

Christ has produced some good bball players though, namely the never ending stream of Plumlee boys.

Pretty content with Bailey. He has to prove he is worth a 2nd quarterback spot in the class which is a tough sell with so many needs elsewhere. Let’s see how the roster looks in a year
Since we're not taking 2 QBs this class, 2 QBs next class is pretty important imo

Asheville area football is like...not very competitive. Granted, Leonard Little is from here as is Craig King.

Christ has produced some good bball players though, namely the never ending stream of Plumlee boys.

This kid will be a marquis recruit. Hope he comes to TN. Would like to have a qb that can throw and scoot, sorta like we thought JG could do.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Agree, Bailey will make one of our QB’s transfer once he arrives January
Well....recruit all you can, because Bailey ain't here yet. Saw what happened at FSU when Howell bolted for UNC at the last second. FSU was left holding their junk without a QB.

Reactions: supersmo18
I live in the Asheville area, about 25 min from Christ School. I've watched Navy play a few times and he's a good QB and has some great weapons on offense there at CS. They're a fun team to watch. He's a good athlete. But I have hesitations about his ability to play at a high level in college. For one, he's listed at 6' but I'm 5'11" or so and I'm fairly certain he's not as tall as me.

With Harrison Bailey in the fold, I have a hard time seeing us offer Navy. I would love to see him end up in orange because he's a good kid and comes from a great family (outside football), but I just don't see it. I also understand Drew Brees is shorter and is a HOFer. With Bailey in the mix, I don't think we'd be paying much attention here if his name wasn't Shuler.

I hope Navy has a great college career. I'd love to see him go somewhere like App State and really have an impact. Of course, I'd love to see him do that at Tennessee, but in my opinion (and I'm no college scout) he'll have a harder time seeing the playing field in the SEC.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991

VN Store

Back