Lady Vols vs. Kentucky Game Thread

how many more garbage losses and pathetic efforts will we have to sit through before something is finally done about it?
Probably a couple more seasons with Foolmer at the head...!!!!! IF we are lucky!!! Recruiting really doesn't matter with Holly. She can get the worse out of any player!

Reactions: T.J. and flint
Sometimes, if not most, the Lady Vols play like they don't have a true game plan. They're erratic, their passing is horrendous, same with the shot selection. Whenever they get like this, Holly is too busy on the sidelines throwing her hands up, instead of calming them down and making the right subs. No matter what type of players come in every year, this is the type of play you're going to get, always. When the Tenn. brand stops being a draw, players who want to grow and be developed will go elsewhere and Tenn. will go the way of Louisiana Tech, Texas Tech, etc.

What are you talking about?? They are following Holly's game plan perfectly!!

Ever how many she played and I will say the same for Davis, and Zay. HW is so dumb she does not see that Rae and Collins should play as many minutes as they can.

Rae and Collins should play more but Holly is stuck on this leadership garbage and it`s not working. And the way she sub is a big problem some are taking about that on twitter. Time to shake up the lineup Rae, Zay, Green,Davis maybe Westbrook. Jackson to the bench.

Rae and Collins should play more but Holly is stuck on this leadership garbage and it`s not working. And the way she sub is a big problem some are taking about that on twitter. Time to shake up the lineup Rae, Zay, Green,Davis maybe Westbrook. Jackson to the bench.
I would say start Rae. Mimi, Westbrook, CGreen, and pick one more

Reactions: OutofStateFan
I would say start Rae. Mimi, Westbrook, CGreen, and pick one more

The starting five is fine. Holly just needs to coach them.

This game shows why I'm not sold on Cheridene. She can rebound against smaller teams, but even with all the offensive boards, she just throws it up there until she can grab her miss 1 feet from the basket and make a layup or get to the line. Good luck trying that against McCowan or Turner.

This game shows why I'm not sold on Cheridene. She can rebound against smaller teams, but even with all the offensive boards, she just throws it up there until she can grab her miss 1 feet from the basket and make a layup or get to the line. Good luck trying that against McCowan or Turner.

Missing Mercedes just like you said they would.

Reactions: travis929
Well...yes. I said that when the season ended last year. I know she was a popular punching bag on this board, but there's no way you lose a player with her size and skill and think "no big loss'.

Yep. She was a presence in the paint for sure.

Reactions: travis929
I was surprised Burrell didn't get a few more minutes. Collins gave some really good minutes tonight. Westbrook is just one of those players who can give you a flash of brilliance and then turn around and do something so silly but I am not really sure what they can do about that other than try and coach her on when to go fast and when to realize time and score. Unfortunately MeMe is in a slump and Davis only wants to play the second half. C. Green though is a real work horse she just needs to finish.

Do you guys think them trying to play so fast is what is causing all the missed free throws? When you are winded and your heartbeat is pounding through your ears it certainly can mess up your timing on shots. For whatever reason this team seems to almost prefer to play from behind. It seems to energize them to want to come back and win rather than come out punch someone in the teeth and cruise to a win.

All in all the rankings basically held true. They played about even. At times it looked good other times it looked pretty awful and that goes for both teams. I know for sure they gotta protect their home court though. Luckily the next home game is vs Arky so that should absolutely be a win.

Kind of, he did some pretty boneheaded things too and his team certainly didn’t look focused. Looked like 10 chickens with their heads cut off most of the time.
He was able to sustain losing their 3 best plays and their players made plays down the stretch when they had to and we had a bunch of 5 stars on the floor. Just like football with Butch, she can recruit but no fundamentals or developing of talent.

I was surprised Burrell didn't get a few more minutes. Collins gave some really good minutes tonight. Westbrook is just one of those players who can give you a flash of brilliance and then turn around and do something so silly but I am not really sure what they can do about that other than try and coach her on when to go fast and when to realize time and score. Unfortunately MeMe is in a slump and Davis only wants to play the second half. C. Green though is a real work horse she just needs to finish.

Do you guys think them trying to play so fast is what is causing all the missed free throws? When you are winded and your heartbeat is pounding through your ears it certainly can mess up your timing on shots. For whatever reason this team seems to almost prefer to play from behind. It seems to energize them to want to come back and win rather than come out punch someone in the teeth and cruise to a win.

All in all the rankings basically held true. They played about even. At times it looked good other times it looked pretty awful and that goes for both teams. I know for sure they gotta protect their home court though. Luckily the next home game is vs Arky so that should absolutely be a win.

I would agree with you if Morris, Howard and Murray played 30 min apiece. They didn't, and Murray didn't play at all in the 2nd half and Howard played 2 min in the half. Outside of Morris (and she wasn't that highly rated a player out of HS), Tennessee had a talent advantage the size of the grand canyon in the 2nd half, and they still lost.

I truly love ❤ the LVs, but here lately, it's gets harder and harder watching them play...I'm seeing situations/lack of focus that I have never seen in a LVs team...I know they are young, which means they really need guidance...I'm not seeing that from our leader...Seems we are holding on to Holly for tradition sake...I think the way this program is currently being run is a total disrespect for what Pat has built...There are so many coaches that would love to coach here...Pat was taken away from us too early & abruptly and right now, the program & tradition she has built, is being subjected to the same fate...😞 Things must change before we loose it forever 😕 GO LVs forever 🤘

The starting 5 are not fine in my opinion and since you are not sold on CGreen she is a starter. 3 of those 5 still need to get splinters from the bench!!!

Please don't use "Holly" and "coach" in the same sentence. I am fairly sure that violates some rule somewhere.

Can someone tell me what happen to Mimi Collins? She scored 11 points in 14 minutes. She was not in foul trouble. Maybe her defense went sour or she was injured or sick? I am still disappointed in Jackson. I expected her to step up big in this game. It did not happened. Our true post players (K.K. and Harris) are non-existent. I believe that Collins should replace Z. Green in the starting lineup, if possible. We have lost 2 games by 2 points. This team needs a little fine-tuning. I would rather start 12-3 and finish 12-2 than start 15-0 and finish middle of the road 8-6.

Last edited:
The starting 5 are not fine in my opinion and since you are not sold on CGreen she is a starter. 3 of those 5 still need to get splinters from the bench!!!

They have no options at center. Her, Kushkituah, or Kamera...and Cheridene is the best option if only by default.

Meme and Evina have their issue, but Burrell and Z.Green and Masssengill are no better. They can't shoot.

The regression of abilities is in full swing as, unsurprisingly, “Lady Vols Groundhog Day” continues.

Reactions: T.J.
How many more years do we have to watch players whi CANNOT shoot consistently from ANY range. We need BASKETBALL PLAYERS! No more damn "athletes".

This seems to me the heart of the problem. Holly fills the roster with uber-athletes whose stellar recruiting rankings are based for the most part on the fact that they are bigger and faster and can jump higher than almost everyone they played in high school. As a result, they don't seem to have developed--haven't had to develop is perhaps a better way to put it--a serviceable BB IQ and/or learned how to shoot. So when they face a team that they can't overwhelm physically, or even one that can shoot and has some basketball smarts, they don't really have an answer. To me, this is both a recruiting and coaching issue and the reason why the Lady Vols too often fall short when playing teams that--on paper and according to recruiting rankings--have no business beating them.

Reactions: NoBackBoard

VN Store

Back