16 TX QB Jalen Hurts

You guys have only seen Hurts play behind a great Alabama offensive line. Can you imagine him running for his life behind ours. He is going to take the best opportunity for him to be successful with only one season left. I seriously doubt he is interested in helping Tennessee rebuild.

Disagree. Hurts isn't some elite QB. We're not a one year rental QB away from winning the SEC East. And I'm not a fan of taking a spot away from next years class for a guy who is good, but not elite. Certainly not guaranteed of supplanting JG.

I mean, everyone thought Crompton was trash, and really, he was, until Chaney got to work with him. Turned him into a draftable QB within one year. I'd like to see what he could do with a JG.
.01% chance he comes here. If I were his dad and he asked me, I would tell him "don't even think @ it". For more than 1 reason.

I love how "Scarborough" sums up the UT situation but doesn't touch on the 20,000# elephant in the room. Our atrocious OL situation and the years it will take to fix it. There is no guarantee that Hurts beats out Guarantano at all. The main reason he should steer clear is that he will get hit harder than our RBs. We have no idea how he's perform in such a polar opposite world from UA. There he has elite and seasoned pass blocking to work against defenses terrified of an elite running game. Hurts has never experienced anything even close to what JG has, on his current team. His wheels would come in super handy were he to choose this QB war zone. Also, CJP seems pretty set on an offensive style that does not play to Jalen's best strengths.

JMO my guy w a day job opinion.

Both of you are missing a major factor. Hurts being as mobile as he is and with the accuracy he gained this year on his deep ball, is exactly what this line could use. A QB who poses a true dual-threat is a mediocre OLs best friend. You have to game plan for him in both aspects and can’t just blitz every play like they do JG.

Both of you are missing a major factor. Hurts being as mobile as he is and with the accuracy he gained this year on his deep ball, is exactly what this line could use. A QB who poses a true dual-threat is a mediocre OLs best friend. You have to game plan for him in both aspects and can’t just blitz every play like they do JG.
No way Chizzle. No way adding a couple of five-star caliber tackles and another year of S&C from one of the best S&C coaches in the game and getting a premier OC will in any way improve the OL.

No. Way.

We have good running backs already.

No way Chizzle. No way adding a couple of five-star caliber tackles and another year of S&C from one of the best S&C coaches in the game and getting a premier OC will in any way improve the OL.

No. Way.

Lol right? Don’t understand why people don’t think our line is going to improve.

Anyone remember Dobbs? Or a guy named Tee Martin?

It doesn't matter how many RB's you have, a running QB simply makes for one more option that the defense has to look out for. In the college game, it makes a huge difference - even if he is not the world's best passer.

Bama>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TN

These days if you have more than 3 you will still end up with 3 because someone will transfer. Having more than 3 is overrated.

That is very true. Lol dunno why I’m complaining I want to see Shrout battle it out for the starting spot. Lol one less QB makes that possible.

Reactions: Sleegro
I mean, everyone thought Crompton was trash, and really, he was, until Chaney got to work with him. Turned him into a draftable QB within one year. I'd like to see what he could do with a JG.
Nothing against Chaney, I'm happy he's back, but wasn't Crompton's improvement more a result of Kiffin?

Bama>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TN
Go cheer for them then

Nothing against Chaney, I'm happy he's back, but wasn't Crompton's improvement more a result of Kiffin?
Probably both. Does peterman's improvement work better for you?

He probably wouldn't come here, but I think people are crazy to think he wouldn't be soon much better than JG. I've seen nothing from JG to suggest he has anything on Hurts

VN Store

Back