Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s supposed to be dual threat QB but most of those guys know when to do the second part of that. Not only does he not run, but he rarely even knows there’s pressure all around him. The OL can’t shoulder all of the blame, some of it is JG. You’ve dug in pretty deep on this one. We just disagree, that’s all.
I never said anything about jg being a mobile qb. I've barely even said anything about jg other than his situation was a lot more difficult than hurts. Yer countering points I never made. I don't mind disagreeing though. It's all cordial.

Lol, a personal shot because i said you saying “we have enough running backs” about Hurts was the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen you post? (Meaning getting an evaluation/take on a player like that from you is abnormal)

Didn’t realize that was a “personal shot”
Haha I was joking with you about calling me k-town. I didn't even realize you were the one that said that in the other thread. Hahahaha I like that we're having the same argument in two threads though.

Hiring Dooley is a risk for Smart. Dooley couldn't help but be high profile, maybe even overshadowing.

Edit: not that Dooley being considered. I'm just saying.

Last edited:
NFL has lost its dang mind. Wtf. Bengals to hire rams QB coach. This guy was freaking univ of cincy OC just 2 yrs ago. My word these teams are falling hard for any taste of mcvay
I like getting new blood in there. Nfl has always had a problem only going after re treads.

I never said anything about jg being a mobile qb. I've barely even said anything about jg other than his situation was a lot more difficult than hurts. Yer countering points I never made. I don't mind disagreeing though. It's all cordial.
No you didn’t. I just threw it in there as sarcasm. Makes a lot of sense to me though. A dual threat guy that can’t dual...

I didn't say that Hurts did or didn't have them. I'm not sure... and don't think we can draw an opinion on how he would do at UT considering the talent that's been around him at Bama.
That's a fair point and is all I was trying to say.

Reactions: jakez4ut
That's what I'm talking about. A senior grad transfer is coming in and he's bailing because he doesn't want to compete with the transfer. He probably would have stayed had the transfer rule not been implemented. Just a bunch of guys transferring now for really no reason.
Fields isn't a senior. He will be a sophomore.

NFL has lost its dang mind. Wtf. Bengals to hire rams QB coach. This guy was freaking univ of cincy OC just 2 yrs ago. My word these teams are falling hard for any taste of mcvay
lol mcvay is the new belichick without the rings apparently.

Reactions: Sleegro
It isn't either/or. JG is bad because his decisions are too slow and he doesn't make good pre-snap reads. KC was bad because he sometimes made really bad head scratcher decisions (at Stanford too) and at times tried to do more than his arm can do.

If JG had the ability to recognize D's pre-snap then make timely, good decisions... he would be a really good QB.
If ifs and butts were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas. Looks like at least 3 ifs to make a really good QB according to your analysis.

Pruitt hails Jim Chaney's strengths as an offensive coordinator

Though he had never coached with Chaney, Pruitt had gone against him enough times in the past decade to know what kind of coordinator he'd be getting.
And that's a game-planner and play-caller who worries opposing defensive coordinators.
"You can go all the way back when he was at Tennessee before and I was at Alabama, I mean, he's a guy that presents problems," Pruitt said. "He understands both sides of the ball. He's really not playing checkers; he's playing chess. He does, he finds ways to create matchups.
"It's about personnel and who your best players are and trying to get them on the right person on the other side, and I think he does a really good job of doing that."

I just think it's important that you can be creative," Pruitt said. "In college football, you have an opportunity, when you hire a staff, lots of times you didn't recruit all the guys and you've got to figure out who the playmakers are and you've got to find ways, you've got to be multiple in how you do it, and I think Jim's been able to do that. He's been able to adapt.
"He's a very smart guy, and he's found different ways to have success in this league.

And then proceeded to hire Jim Chaney and be on the verge of signing a top 10 class. But don't let that positive information ruin your narrative.

I have no problem with Chaney. But we aint signing a top 10 class unless we get Too'too, Wright, and another 5 star

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back