• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

'19 TN ILB Christopher Russell (Texas A&M signee)

The ride on the high school gridiron was not only good, but a memorable one for Dyersburg, Tennessee linebacker Chris Russell. But the ride he's been on the last six weeks has hit him fast and is set up for a furious finish.

"It was overwhelming because it all came at once," Russell said. "It's a blessing to have that opportunity to play top notch football. Not many people get this opportunity."

Russell will officially visit Texas A&M this weekend as he gets his first real look at the Aggies. A program that hasn't been on him that long, but he is interested in.

"I don't really know that much," Russell said. "I like the coach that is recruiting me. He talks to me about preparation and walks me through how he prepares. He talks my head off, but he seems like a pretty good coach."

Arkansas and defensive coordinator John Chavis have been on Russell the longest. Chavis has been very active in recruiting Russell as he pitches his history with linebackers.

"I would like to get coached by him," Russell said. "He's a laid back guy. He's real. He's not going to tell you what you want to hear. He's going to challenge you."

Russell will visit Arkansas after his trip to College Station and a January 18th trip to Auburn.

Russell will visit Tennessee on the final weekend before the second signing period in early February. He camped at Tennessee this summer and the Vols have come hard over the last six weeks.

"With Tennessee, I've only been down there one time," Russell said. "I like Coach Pruitt. I like how he has turned the program around. Coach Fair has been to see never almost every week since coaches could visit. He tells me how much they want me at Tennessee. He sees a plan and that I can do big things there."

Russell not only talks to Fair and Pruitt, but also linebackers coach Kevin Sherrer as the veteran linebackers coach has near daily contact with Russell. The messages is rather simple from Sherrer, as Tennessee's need for quality linebackers is paramount to the program. It's a sales pitch that he doesn't just hear from the Vols.

"All the schools that are recruiting me have a need for linebackers," Russell said. "That's the talk from everyone right now."'

Tennessee signed linebacker Quavaris Crouch in December and have other athletes that could play the position if they needed too. They are also recruiting California native Henry To'oto'o at the position as well.

So as he embarks on these official visits, he has a mission in place. He's looking for one thing above all of the hoopla that comes with official visits.

"For me it's how the team is," Russell said. "Where is the team bond at? Are you trying to win games or win big games? I'm looking to see what the team bond is like and if I can get a long and see myself playing there with those players."
-VQ

Pedestrian doesn't get you recruited by Pruitt, Steele, Chavis, Ekeler.....
I didn’t say HE is pedestrian. I said his HIGHLIGHTS are pedestrian.

If you want to argue this you could at least pay attention.

I’ve also said multiple times that the staff has clearly seen something in camp that is Cleary not on his publicly available Hudl

Reactions: Sleegro
Orange defense
Orange defense
Blood runneth orange in my veins
Dec 31, 2018#1,149
And to just let you all know this. The family wanted the last visit to Knoxville anyways. Pruitt and Sherrer has really stood out to him and his family. They have grown to love Pruitt. As Tennessee fans, it has been said that Pruitt is one of a kind coach.
Quote Reply Report •••
Just like the article says, when I posted this comment back on Dec. 31st. He loves Pruitt. No worries. Vol!

Hopefully not TAMU. I just got pissed at how Butch Botched Tyrel Dodson Recruitment and now he is going to the NFL Early... Him and Asante would be nice.... TOTO is a definitely higher caliber, but those 2 seem realistic

Last edited:
Orange defense
Orange defense
Blood runneth orange in my veins
Dec 31, 2018#1,149
And to just let you all know this. The family wanted the last visit to Knoxville anyways. Pruitt and Sherrer has really stood out to him and his family. They have grown to love Pruitt. As Tennessee fans, it has been said that Pruitt is one of a kind coach.
Quote Reply Report •••
Just like the article says, when I posted this comment back on Dec. 31st. He loves Pruitt. No worries. Vol!
😀

Why wait to commit? Is he hoping for a better offer from some other bagman? Or just waiting for NSD to have the cameras and media? You should know the answer....
He wants to enjoy the recruiting process. Once you sign, all of that stops. You only go through this process once, so I think he should enjoy it.

VN Store

Back