Pruitt just said offensive coordinators are overrated

Well he is arguably one of the top defensive coordinators in the country. Since he has owned just about everyone in his career as a DC, he prolly thinks OC's are overrated lmao
The secret word of the day is "probably"... Use it correctly instead of "prolly" and win a prize. đź’©

Reactions: hexnut
I was here dude! Your version is revisionist to suit your narrative. Took a miracle for our ONE win against any of his defenses. All the numbers and defensive rankings don’t agree with you...focus your arguments on them. He was a damn good DC. That won’t guarantee him the same success at the top spot, but it’s goofy to deny the numbers.

Pruitt was not the DC for Georgia during the Dobbsnail Boot game.......if thats the miracle you are referring to, Ms, Pruitt. (Of course, GA's TD pass with 10 secs left that was longer was not a miracle?) The 2015 game in Knoxville wasnt a miracle on the Tennessee side. Tennessee moved the ball at will all day.

The secret word of the day is "probably"... Use it correctly instead of "prolly" and win a prize. đź’©
Hard to argue against Pruitt classified as a great secondary coach. His D this year was below average so doubts in my mind if he is a good DC or it was Saban. Huge doubts right now if he can be a HC. Way to many boneheaded mistakes last year. Hope he can turn it around next year.

Hard to argue against Pruitt classified as a great secondary coach. His D this year was below average so doubts in my mind if he is a good DC or it was Saban. Huge doubts right now if he can be a HC. Way to many boneheaded mistakes last year. Hope he can turn it around next year.

KaleidoscopicFirmChameleon-size_restricted.gif

I'd be curious to know if without google he could tell us who the gators OC is. Lulz.

Its funny too, his buddy 99 pretty much said OC's aren't that important, but they over on gatorswampass.com talking about how dumb we are.

I am sure your gonna be google the name of your OC, hopefully in a month or two

Pruitt's actual comment was he didn't want to talk about the OC job. He was there to talk about the Recruiting Class. The reporters kept pressing him and he said again, he was there to talk about the recruiting class and besides the OC is overrated. He was trying to put an end to that question. Nothing more nothing less.

Interesting. Pruitt said OC's are overrated, while the guy he actually ends up hiring said that "balance" on offense is overrated.
It makes me wonder if this was Pruitt's guy all along.

Interesting. Pruitt said OC's are overrated, while the guy he actually ends up hiring said that "balance" on offense is overrated.
It makes me wonder if this was Pruitt's guy all along.
Not to mention the highest paid by a long shot.

I think you need to look at the context of what he said and his tone. It was signing day, focus should be on the kids, wasn’t the time or the place for an OC question. To paraphrase what he said “it’s about the Jimmys and Joes than the X’s and O’s.”
Pruitt's actual comment was he didn't want to talk about the OC job. He was there to talk about the Recruiting Class. The reporters kept pressing him and he said again, he was there to talk about the recruiting class and besides the OC is overrated. He was trying to put an end to that question. Nothing more nothing less.
His hire supports his statement. Hired a good game manager.
Are you trolling this early in the morning? 🤔

Reactions: NCFisher
Wow... just read all 19 pages of this thread and it is very telling.... It amazes me at the number of folks that trusted their own discernment capabilities concerning the OVERRATED statement rather than search for or wait for clarification.... Tricky Jimmy Hyams tried to trip him up about it in a radio interview yesterday and coach made it plain that at the time of comment we were approaching ESD and that it was more important to concentrate on getting signatures than to complete the act of replacing the OC.. He does in fact think that kids know that coordinators come and go and that the most important relationship is with the HC. Still some work to do for the final signing day, but much more time available to define the pool of real candidates and make the right choice... as he narrowed the field I am GUESSING that he had to involve his boss and maybe some folks upstream to come up with the funds required to get guys on his list.... I also bet he was surprised by the panic among portions of the fan base who threw up the assumption of ineptitude and implied each day brought us closer to program doom..

Go back and read if you want a few laughs...

I agree. This place can be straight up insane at times. I have never seen such a fragile bunch in my life. Some may think I drink the Orange Kool-aid but I am old enough to know things aren't settled and over until, they are settled and over. GO BIG ORANGE

Reactions: Vol49er and Behr
Pruitt just said his new OC is playing chess instead of checkers. Sounds underrated to me.

VN Store

Back