Regarding Chaney, lets get this out of the way immediately...

You say no-one is saying is saying.....yet you are say...there are threads saying. We have people saying everyone on offense is a true freshman. We have a loser mentality that needs to stop.
Our offense ranked 121 of 129 last year. Do I expect improvement with a better coach? Absolutely. How much better? Dont know.
If it makes you feel better I could start endless rah rah champs of the off season threads about how fired up I am?
Once you dont accept being a loser, its more than likely youll stop being a loser.

Since reading comprehension doesn't seem to be your strong point, let me further explain. What I said was, SCHEMATICALLY everyone on the offensive side of the ball will be like true freshman because it will be a new offense to EVERYONE on that side of the ball. It will be a whole new playbook with new wrinkles, new terminology, new philosophies, etc to everyone. So yes, in that sense, everyone on the offensive side of the ball will be like freshman because they will have to learn Chaney's offense just like a true freshman would who's just coming into the program. Geez I didn't think it was that cryptic.

Do not expect miracles in year 1. It's a brand new offense to these players, on a roster that's not very talented. Schematically, EVERYONE is a true freshman on the offensive side of the ball in 2019. Regardless of the results on the field, no one needs to be calling for Chaneys head in year one! Let them recruit and develop. It's going to take some time.
15-0 baby!

Reactions: NorCalVol67
Since reading comprehension doesn't seem to be your strong point, let me further explain. What I said was, SCHEMATICALLY everyone on the offensive side of the ball will be like true freshman because it will be a new offense to EVERYONE on that side of the ball. It will be a whole new playbook with new wrinkles, new terminology, new philosophies, etc to everyone. So yes, in that sense, everyone on the offensive side of the ball will be like freshman because they will have to learn Chaney's offense just like a true freshman would who's just coming into the program. Geez I didn't think it was that cryptic.
Dude, just give up. You might as well be having a conversation with a stop sign.

Go on.....
Kiffin was in Pruitt’s ear on this coaching search. Plugged Chaney. Maybe not the main reason, but it helped make Chaney one of the top options. Kiffin would’ve had to play match-maker with Chaney also for this to work relatively quickly the last few days.

I'm confident that CJC will maximize the offense's potential. Whatever other issues we will have, CJC will not be part of the problem.

But....when, ever, has this forum "gotten anything out of the way immediately" by saying, "let's get this out of the way immediately?" :D
Nice avi.

Reactions: VolNExile
Sounds like an excuse for continued failure. Sorry, I have difficulty relating to loser mentality.

Kiffin was in Pruitt’s ear on this coaching search. Plugged Chaney. Maybe not the main reason, but it helped make Chaney one of the top options. Kiffin would’ve had to play match-maker with Chaney also for this to work relatively quickly the last few days.
You're making me more of a Kiffin fanboy than I already was.

Seek help, for all our sakes.
Coaching changes happen every season to lots of team....How do they possibly cope when apparently they are all always true freshmen?
How in the world did Florida score points learning a new offense?
Let's stop making excuses to failure. Jim Chaney is a coach, if he cant improve the offense from its 121 ranked position we are in trouble.

Im a long distance runner. It's common for lots of runners to line up for a race and say / think things like " not feeling as strong today" "will be lucky to finish in ..." etc. I heard a speak a while back and he said those are just excuses, prepping yourself to accept substandard results. Good mentaility to have. Since hearing that, I watch my mentality at the start line. Ive knocked 54 minutes off my marathon time in 9 months.

Stop with the preparatory loser mentality. Or keep it up, but dont be suprised when other people dont buy in.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
This is true. His offense usually goes backward in year 1. He's no Mullen or Briles. No magician. Took him till year 4 here last time, so we should be patient till 2022.

Coachinf changes happen every season to lots of team....How do they possibly cope when apparently they are all always true freshmen?
Let's stop making excuses to failure. Jim Chaney is a coach, if he cant improve the offense from its 121 ranked position we are in trouble.

Im a long distance runner. It's common for lots of runners to line up for a race and say / think things like " not feeling as strong today" "will be lucky to finish in ..." etc. I heard a speak a while back and he said those are just excuses, prepping yourself to accept substandard results. Good mentaility to have. Since hearing that, I watch my mentality at the start line. Ive knocked 54 minutes off my marathon time in 9 months.

Stop with the preparatory loser mentality. Or keep it up, but dont be suprised when other people dont buy in.
You seriously cannot be this dense. He was saying that because of the completely new offensive system that everyone would be on the same learning curve as a freshman. He's not saying that they are akin to freshman but the learning curve will be like or similar. He's not wrong.

Reactions: VolNExile
You seriously cannot be this dense. He was saying that because of the completely new offensive system that everyone would be on the same learning curve as a freshman. He's not saying that they are akin to freshman but the learning curve will be like or similar. He's not wrong.
Ok

Coaching changes happen every season to lots of team....How do they possibly cope when apparently they are all always true freshmen?

Dang Bama, do you really think Chaney is that good? What exactly on his resume screams 1 year turnaround? You're just being unrealistic.

VN Store

Back