Regarding Chaney, lets get this out of the way immediately...

Do you consider Chaney a good hire?

UGA was paying him 950k. Are we expecting 40-50% more production based on salary?
You can check the Chaney being hired thread to get.my thoughts on the hire if you are interested. I will not conform to a.loser mentality where it is considere taboo to have expectations for a coach.

Reactions: SoddyAllVol
You can check the Chaney being hired thread to get.my thoughts on the hire if you are interested. I will not conform to a.loser mentality where it is considere taboo to have expectations for a coach.
So you see him as a good hire.

Chaney took over an offense at UGA where they ranked 85th the season prior scoring 26 points a game. His first season they finished 102nd and scored 24.5.
What made his stint at UGA a success (regardless of dawg fans opinions now) is in his second season they jumped from 102nd and 24.5 points a game to 20th and 35.5 points a game. Then in his third year to 14th and 38 a game.
So in his first season he was statistically worse but given some time to develop and implement he took a big step and then another moderate one.

Where you jump off the rails (in most cases) is with the idea that there are not expectations because most reasonable people realize its not going to happen immediately. Nobody is saying they shouldnt be raised with a better coach (regardless of what he's making) over time. Just that it may not happen day one or even year one given recent history.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolNExile
reelfootvol,My mom and grandparents were fromthe Bluebank area of Reelfoot lake.I am saddened that someone claiming to be from there would be so unenlightened.Anyway,BYE!

Chaney took over an offense at UGA where they ranked 85th the season prior scoring 26 points a game. His first season they finished 102nd and scored 24.5.
What made his stint at UGA a success (regardless of dawg fans opinions now) is in his second season they jumped from 102nd and 24.5 points a game to 20th and 35.5 points a game. Then in his third year to 14th and 38 a game.
So in his first season he was statistically worse but given some time to develop and implement he took a big step and then another moderate one.

Where you jump off the rails (in most cases) is with the idea that there are not expectations because most reasonable people realize its not go happen immediately. Nobody is saying they shouldnt be raised with a better coach (regardless of what he's making) over time. Just that it may not happen day or even year would given recent history.
You say no-one is saying is saying.....yet you are say...there are threads saying. We have people saying everyone on offense is a true freshman. We have a loser mentality that needs to stop.
Our offense ranked 121 of 129 last year. Do I expect improvement with a better coach? Absolutely. How much better? Dont know.
If it makes you feel better I could start endless rah rah champs of the off season threads about how fired up I am?
Once you dont accept being a loser, its more than likely youll stop being a loser.

You say no-one is saying is saying.....yet you are say...there are threads saying. We have people saying everyone on offense is a true freshman. We have a loser mentality that needs to stop.
Our offense ranked 121 of 129 last year. Do I expect improvement with a better coach? Absolutely. How much better? Dont know.
If it makes you feel better I could start endless rah rah champs of the off season threads about how fired up I am?
Once you dont accept being a loser, its more than likely youll stop being a loser.

The facts or history shows he will improve it. Which was never the point in question regardless of the way you framed it. Your timeline doesn't fit his career at UGA however. Its just the facts.

If your gonna stand on that, you should have an idea if he has succeeded in his first season or not. How are we ever gonna know if we are still accepting a loser mentality?

Your last comments are pretty telling.

On the one hand "we" (who ever that is) have accepted losing because Chaney may not make much headway year 1, even tho we believe he's a success long term.
On the other you get jokes when someone starts a thread about the 19' season being "special", which based on 18' would be raising expectations.

The facts or history shows he will improve it. Which was never the point in question regardless of the way you framed it. Your timeline doesn't fit his career at UGA however. Its just the facts.

If your gonna stand on that, you should have an idea if he has succeeded in his first season or not. How are we ever gonna know if we are still accepting a loser mentality?

Your last comments are pretty telling.

On the one hand "we" (who ever that is) have accepted losing because Chaney may not make much headway year 1, even tho we believe he's a success long term.
On the other you get jokes when someone starts a thread about the 19' season being "special", which based on 18' would be raising expectations.
So do you expect offensive improvement next season or not?

Yall take good care of Chaney. Could not stand him before and have no use for him now. Totally and completely disappointed. Honestly, I had rather have Jeremy Pruitt calling the plays. Wish yall the best. I am through if this is true.
Really???? He's the best offensive coordinator we've had since David Cutcliffe. UGA almost won the Natty last year. He was OC. Get it...Really?? Who else could we have gotten???Obviously he likes it here too, which counts for something.

So do you expect offensive improvement next season or not?
If there is it will more than likely be marginal. We still have a mess at OL that you dont fix in a year. Its equal part talent and lack of development from the previous staff.

Do however expect the improvements to be more dramatic in the second and third season with more roster turnover and development time.

It's more reality than mentality.

If there is it will more than likely be marginal. We still have a mess at OL that you dont fix in a year. Its equal part talent and lack of development from the previous staff.

Do however expect the improvements to be more dramatic in the second and third season with more roster turnover and development time.

It's more reality than mentality.
Do you expect improvement on offense? Its really not that complicated, actually its kinda yes or no.

Do you expect improvement on offense? Its really not that complicated, actually its kinda yes or no.
Yes.
Mainly due to most of the skill guys coming back. As I stated before tho I expect it to be marginal. Our best 2 OLs next year may end up being true FR.

I'm going to guess that Harrison Bailey who we got committed without an OC hired was intriguing to Chaney as well.

Chaney is a proven, more effective coach. We will get better and it should be expected. How much is the question, and noone really knows that.
And not everyone on offense will be a true freshman, that's just dumb.
Metaphors and analogies. Don’t get so triggered...again.

Reactions: NCFisher
Why do you always overreact? Honest question.

Where you jump off the rails (in most cases) is with the idea that there are not expectations because most reasonable people realize its not going to happen immediately. Nobody is saying they shouldnt be raised with a better coach (regardless of what he's making) over time. Just that it may not happen day one or even year one given recent history.

And that's a very similar trajectory that I see him having our offense on in 3 years, provided that we recruit at a high level.

VN Store

Back