'19 AL WR George Pickens (UGA signee)

Is Friend the main recruiter for D Wright? If he is, I would say you will not see any change in O line coaches at least till after signing day. Even if Pittman came it would seem logical not to upset the “apple cart” till we get DW signed on LOI.

Probably because he wasn’t until Georgia wouldn’t match what we offered, on top of that Pruitt isn’t going to make his friend coach friend shuffle to a different position group, you can take that to the bank
Even more of a factor is that Pittman ain’t leaving Athens. He’ll retire there.

Is Friend the main recruiter for D Wright? If he is, I would say you will not see any change in O line coaches at least till after signing day. Even if Pittman came it would seem logical not to upset the “apple cart” till we get DW signed on LOI.

See, you're catching on...laughable.
We'll see how good of an OL coach he is this coming year. They sucked pretty bad this year. We'll see what kind of improvements are made. I dont think hes terrible, but I think we're jumping the gun to consider him one of the top in the biz and to essentially be on the same level as Pittman. I get that they didnt inherit a good stable of hawgs on the OL either. But they should improve regardless...if hes a top OL coach like you say.

Depends on if we have anymore openings. Hopefully we would shift Friend to TEs, let Pittman have OL, and Neid to RB. Icing would be Tee coaching WR.
I think we are in good shape with our assistant coaches. Tee might be a decent position coach, but I am not sure he would add anything we don't already have.

As a fanbase we sure have changed over the years... worried about reading apprehension never would’ve been discussed pre 2000’s

VN Store

Back