Could it be Chaney?

Jay Nichols Sports
@JayNich41723000
Sources say deal with Jim Chaney is in the works. Expect an announcement next week. Chaney also bringing Sam Pittman with him. Huge snag for Pruitt.

7:44 PM - Jan 6, 2019

Now this was at 7:44 pm last night.
The one that got it rolling.

They weren't wearing wigs, just what important people are called. They were in expensive 100 dollar suits and all had fancy name tags. All of them drank water, with extra lemon!

"Extra lemon"!!!!! BOOOOOM BOYS! Only the biggest of the high rollers order extra lemons. Welcome back Coach Chaney!!! Well done Behr, keep em coming :)

I just overheard some bigwigs talking at the table next to me at Olive Garden, said "both are headed to Knoxville right now". I don't know who they were talking about, but I thought it was interesting.
Prolly just members of this board

They weren't wearing wigs, just what important people are called. They were in expensive 100 dollar suits and all had fancy name tags. All of them drank water, with extra lemon!
Fascinating

Did he ever sell his home in K'ville? I think I heard at one point since he left that they kept it because they like living in TN.

Otherwise, maybe he doesn't like Smart. Maybe he doesn't like the AD. Maybe he doesn't like Athens. There are lots of reasons that could factor in... plus money.
Maybe Kirby told him to look around

So the literal busiest airport in the world happens to also have flights to Knoxville. I’ll believe it when I see it. I appreciate the update, but I remain a little skeptical at this point.

Maybe the guy who's still there waiting on Gruden can keep us informed!

Don't know what this means...

if this is true, then (the reported buyout of) %20 of 2 years at $950,000 per year is about $380,000.
$950,000 x 2 = $1,900,000
$1,900,000 x .20 = $380,000

is that right?
i kept hearing about a $500,000 buyout but then i'd hear it was only %20 of his remaining contract.

asking for a friend (and no, not one named will on staff).

if this is true, then (the reported buyout of) %20 of 2 years at $950,000 per year is about $380,000.
$950,000 x 2 = $1,900,000
$1,900,000 x .20 = $380,000

is that right?
i kept hearing about a $500,000 buyout but then i'd hear it was only %20 of his remaining contract.

asking for a friend (and no, not one named will on staff).
Yes, your math is correct. I suppose he probably received a raise last year in addition to an extension. Not sure what the extension is as it relates to pay.

Last edited:
Reactions: preacherwebb
Don't know what this means...

Yeah that totally goes against the contract details from three years ago. Unless that was tacked on to a three year deal that ran from 2015-2018. I can only assume he means those extra three were tacked on to the end of 2018, so it'd be through 2021

I’m just curious. I haven’t been on here forever so don’t know. Has any plane ever been tracked that was actually the person those tracking thought it might be!? Not saying the Endeavor flight wasn’t a joke but it got me thinking. I’ve seen planes tracked for Gruden, Freeze, Lovie, and who knows how many others yet none were ever actually them. Has that ever worked to help reveal a coaching choice?

Yeah that totally goes against the contract details from three years ago. Unless that was tacked on to a three year deal that ran from 2015-2018. I can only assume he means those extra three were tacked on to the end of 2018, so it'd be through 2021
I guess that's what it means. Not sure this is good news, if TN wants him bad enough, surely, if he's willing, they would pay the buyout. Just not sure this is something that's going to happen.

Reactions: preacherwebb

VN Store

Back