Tennessee Football is done

I had a feeling this was coming. Don’t give up. If I’m all in at 💯, then I’m. I believe in Pruitt, for I’ve said it a lot. He is a closer in recruiting folks. He’ll get it done. We are going to start winning. We do already have a great recruiting class coming in. We’ll finish with some great players. I know it is a nervous time for some, but not for me. We are still good here.

It hurts me to say this, but it's time we face the facts as a fanbase. This program will never be relevant in the SEC again. At least not any time soon. Bama and Georgia are getting too many elite athletes at too quick of a pace and Florida is about to be dominant again with Florida State and Miami falling apart along with them having the 2nd best coach in the SEC at the helm. Combine that with having to play 1 other team out of the west every year and a decent South Carolina program that seems to be improving, and it doesn't make for a promising outcome. There's no reason to think recruiting will pick up any time soon either. 7-5 doesn't sell any better than 5-7 when you're going up against Florida, Georgia, Bama, Auburn, and LSU for talent. Not to mention very few proven coaches want to coach in Knoxville. There may be years where an 9-3 finish happens, but there's no possibility of us going to Atlanta over the next 5-10 years unless it's for a kickoff game
It hurts to say, so go ahead and put up a word wall of pain.

We're in a bad place for sure. We're going to be here for a little while longer. But this is not a permanent problem. Right now Georgia is just a blip on the screen. Everybody knows they stand a very small chance of getting over the hump and beating Alabama. It wouldn't take a lot for them to fall back to their normal position in the SEC East. I do not believe that we have the coach necessary to get us out of this gutter. But he's not going to make this any worse than we were. Tennessee is going to have to go find a coach with a history of making something out of nothing. There are several of those coaches out there. Some of them are tainted by their history like Petrino. But they're solid coaches Gary and they can take mediocre teams and make them punch well above their weight. Until that happens, we are going to be lucky to be a 10-win team. There's just too much parity in the SEC right now

It hurts me to say this, but it's time we face the facts as a fanbase. This program will never be relevant in the SEC again. At least not any time soon. Bama and Georgia are getting too many elite athletes at too quick of a pace and Florida is about to be dominant again with Florida State and Miami falling apart along with them having the 2nd best coach in the SEC at the helm. Combine that with having to play 1 other team out of the west every year and a decent South Carolina program that seems to be improving, and it doesn't make for a promising outcome. There's no reason to think recruiting will pick up any time soon either. 7-5 doesn't sell any better than 5-7 when you're going up against Florida, Georgia, Bama, Auburn, and LSU for talent. Not to mention very few proven coaches want to coach in Knoxville. There may be years where an 9-3 finish happens, but there's no possibility of us going to Atlanta over the next 5-10 years unless it's for a kickoff game
Do us a favor and pick another team.. Everyday it seems someone comes on ere with another gloom and doom post..

I had a feeling this was coming. Don’t give up. If I’m all in at 💯, then I’m. I believe in Pruitt, forbive said it a lot. He is a closer in recruiting folks. He’ll get it done. We are going to start winning. We do already have a great recruiting class coming in. We’ll finish with some great players. I know it is a nervous time for some, but not for me. We are still good here.
Youre what?

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Geez, OP, grow a set

OP

tenor.gif

The title should be "Some Tennessee Football Fans are Done" Good grief man, grow a pair will ya! Coach Pruitt and Phil know what it takes to win in the SEC, it will take us a few years to build the program but make no mistake, Tennessee Will regain it's National status, and they are building the team with size and speed and one of the best quarterbacks in the nation with Harrison Bailey 2020. This kid is going to light this thing up, he can throw that rock and is a true leader.

Gotta say watching this HS AllStar game and the talent that Bama, GA, Sooners are getting really hurts.
I was hoping Hazlewood would come here but knew he wasn't
I think we picked up talent for next season but we will have to step it up if we want to stay competitive

The bottom was last year. Look ahead. Go toward the light. This class is the real deal in the right places. I expect a lot fewer recruiting busts with Pruitt at the helm.

Reactions: SugarCC
Its been uneventful for 10+ years now. The Tennessee way is to get lucky and
hire a winner. Im hoping Pruitt is it. Im sure he wants to succeed. The future is bright. It cant sink any lower. Land a great QB and right coach VOLS will kick
Arse.98BF0249-A29C-4CC1-9C16-656C8128EA03.gif

I refuse to accept this. When the majority of us do, it will become a reality

Well then go away.

VN Store

Back