'18 GA QB Justin Fields

This.

NCAA and UGA won’t want this to flare back up. Fields gets granted a waiver and the situation is forgotten.

Until the next dude at ( name that program) picks the wrong school and wants an easy out. Pandora’s Box! Order on Amazon now!

Reactions: peaygolf
Interesting he'd jump to a school (even though proven and top tier) with a new head coach who's never been a HC at this level...

Heck no. He was heckled from the stands. Some chick filmed it and posted it on FB. He had no idea it happened. But you know, he transferred because of the oppressive environment.

Bro, obviously I know, thanks-- you knew what I was doing and I completely agree with you, I was just being a smartarse... can't believe a few on here are actually trying to say he was "attacked"... LOL.

The kid left and will submit a waiver saying that he should start at OSU because he felt like that school was not a positive environment etc. (He was called a racial slur and the individual who did it no longer goes to the school)

Yet for some reason his sister who is also “African American” which is what the initial issue was about. Is still there under scholarship and does not feel threatened obviously since she is still there.

I don’t think he has a leg to stand on. It isn’t like someone on the football team said it. It was a baseball player. Not even the same sport and that kid that did it is no longer with the school or program so...., again what leg does Fields have to stand on for his waiver?

The kid left and will submit a waiver saying that he should start at OSU because he felt like that school was not a positive environment etc. (He was called a racial slur and the individual who did it no longer goes to the school)

Yet for some reason his sister who is also “African American” which is what the initial issue was about. Is still there under scholarship and does not feel threatened obviously since she is still there.

I don’t think he has a leg to stand on. It isn’t like someone on the football team said it. It was a baseball player. Not even the same sport and that kid that did it is no longer with the school or program so...., again what leg does Fields have to stand on for his waiver?
anyone who stands up to make any argument is going to be labeled a racist

Lol when I need to form my opinion on the impact of racial slurs on collegiate athletes I will always remember to come here to hear from those who are impacted the most, 45-60 year old white CFB fans. (just razzin ya guyssssssssssss)

Reactions: Geaux_Vols
So, did he unenroll immediately after the video, file a complaint, seek grief counseling, quit practicing or playing future games. If it truly bothered him at GA, I'm sure Michigan fans will test his resolve in that matter.

Fields has a valid argument. Being called a racial slur by another athlete at UGA gives him all the ammo he needs to get a waiver.
Actually, no. If you read the language for receiving hardship waiver, the only one he could try his best to grab onto is safety? Well, that doesn’t hold water because his sister just signed there to play softball After the ‘incident’. So, you are scared to play there, but send your sister/daughter? Justin admitted he didn’t even know about words being spoken until he was told. XM had two sports lawyers on their program and both said he has no case. Said it’s no different than fans yelling negative things/booing during a game bc it wasn’t a threatening gester, he was yelling to see him play. They did say (like Butchna has said) if NCAA allows it, it would open it up to twitter, fans booing, etc being ‘reason’ to leave. Basically you can leave if your feelings get hurt.

That said, I expect NCAA to cower and-give him the waiver opening up the floodgates. Also, didn’t know this about Justin and his family.
That’s not to say there was no drama. The lawyer leaking his transfer was silly. I don’t blame the Fields family. The blood-sucking lawyer is to blame. Also, I never liked how the family cut off Rivals from interviewing Justin during his recruitment after we updated our rankings and kept him behind Trevor Lawrence. That was some petty stuff. Another outlet moved him ahead of Lawrence and was granted interviews, but once Fields committed, they moved him back. That never sat well with me. It was a bad omen of drama to come.
-Rivals

Sounds like the Fields family sucks as has been stated by many over the last year. Dont feel at all sorry for SIR JUSTIN if u get beat out at GA and OH ST.

Reactions: JacketVol
Actually, no. If you read the language for receiving hardship waiver, the only one he could try his best to grab onto is safety? Well, that doesn’t hold water because his sister just signed there to play softball After the ‘incident’. So, you are scared to play there, but send your sister/daughter? Justin admitted he didn’t even know about words being spoken until he was told. XM had two sports lawyers on their program and both said he has no case. Said it’s no different than fans yelling negative things/booing during a game bc it wasn’t a threatening gester, he was yelling to see him play. They did say (like Butchna has said) if NCAA allows it, it would open it up to twitter, fans booing, etc being ‘reason’ to leave. Basically you can leave if your feelings get hurt.

That said, I expect NCAA to cower and-give him the waiver opening up the floodgates. Also, didn’t know this about Justin and his family.
-Rivals
Bet he gets his waiver.

Heck no. He was heckled from the stands. Some chick filmed it and posted it on FB. He had no idea it happened. But you know, he transferred because of the oppressive environment.
Total bs, he couldn’t beat out the previous 5 star Qb as a freshman, wants to go somewhere else and play! Nothing happened to him that doesn’t happen on every college, just an excuse to try and not have to sit a year.

It’s not irrelevant. The kid feels threatened, yet the player who committed the racial slurs is gone. No longer goes to Georgia. Yet Fields’ excuse to transfer is because of that or the environment at Georgia?

Well obviously the environment isn’t too bad if his sister isn’t requesting a transfer to a different school.

The sister is her own individual. You've never experienced 2 different people reacting differently to the same stimulus? C'mon, this is common sense.

Besides, this merely comes down to the ncaa response. Do you really think they're going to decline the waiver because his sister is going there? Nothing to do with his own experience and that would create a sh**storm they won't fight against. Look at it from a large organizational risk management and PR angle - would you really risk your own job and organization's image and die on THIS hill? Zero chance in hell.

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib

VN Store

Back