2020 Target List

Barnes and staff out in Memphis tonight watching PJ Hall, Walker Kessler, Matthew Murrell and Jordan Wilmore. Supposedly Barnes offered Wilmore after his game tonight, he’s a 7’3” 2020 kid that just moved to Memphis from
Baltimore.
Wilmore isn’t an awkward 7-footer, either. Nor is he one of those rail-thin kids. He has D. Ayton size and girth, and is very athletic and runs the floor. He would be an awesome get. Hard to believe he isn’t ranked anywhere.

Reactions: sport3500

Looks decently athletic, and can’t teach size. He looks like a good get...though after Williams and Schofield I like short big men too. Memphis should give him better exposure -hopefully he won’t get caught in the “gotta go to Memphis because I play here” bubble like most guys there.

BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - PJ Hall becomes a top target for local powers

IN HIS OWN WORDS
Clemson: “They’re underdogs and gritty. They love the underdog position. They like coming up and beating the big guys.”

Florida: “I love the city, I love the coaching staff, I like the way that they play with how they like to push the ball with their bigs and they are just a versatile team.”

South Carolina: “I love the coaching staff there. Coach (Frank) Martin, I love the way that he coaches. The intensity and in your face type, that is the way that I grew up and I love that.”

Tennessee: “Gritty. They have a ton of talent but they are not reliant on it. They work, dive on the floor and taking charges; they’re a bunch of incredibly talented players that play as if they are role guys. They just play to their role.”

BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - PJ Hall becomes a top target for local powers

IN HIS OWN WORDS
Clemson: “They’re underdogs and gritty. They love the underdog position. They like coming up and beating the big guys.”

Florida: “I love the city, I love the coaching staff, I like the way that they play with how they like to push the ball with their bigs and they are just a versatile team.”

South Carolina: “I love the coaching staff there. Coach (Frank) Martin, I love the way that he coaches. The intensity and in your face type, that is the way that I grew up and I love that.”

Tennessee: “Gritty. They have a ton of talent but they are not reliant on it. They work, dive on the floor and taking charges; they’re a bunch of incredibly talented players that play as if they are role guys. They just play to their role.”
He loves Gainesville? Da fuq?

Reactions: DeepPurpleFloyd

Still thinking Barnes and company need to be looking hard at Bearden's Quez Glover. Had a few highlight worthy plays last night against a good Catholic team, and would hate to see him land somewhere else.

Still thinking Barnes and company need to be looking hard at Bearden's Quez Glover. Had a few highlight worthy plays last night against a good Catholic team, and would hate to see him land somewhere else.

I’ve mentioned him a few times, I’ve wondered if Tennessee has talked with him at all and asked him to hold out until spring or thinking about maybe seeing if he will walk-on for a year possibly (a lot of instate help is available). I’ve also heard that he doesn’t have the best attitude, if that is indeed true it wouldn’t be surprising if Tennessee hasn’t had much to do with him.

I’ve mentioned him a few times, I’ve wondered if Tennessee has talked with him at all and asked him to hold out until spring or thinking about maybe seeing if he will walk-on for a year possibly (a lot of instate help is available). I’ve also heard that he doesn’t have the best attitude, if that is indeed true it wouldn’t be surprising if Tennessee hasn’t had much to do with him.

Good point...haven't thought much about the attitude factor. Definitely don't see Barnes reaching out to him, if that is the case.

Quez balled out and Bearden was the first Knox team to win the Arby's Classic in Bristol. Of course, they followed that up with losses to Hamilton Heights and Catholic. Bearden isn't Fulton, but I'm biased, still a damn good program. I have no idea about this kid's attitude. A shot at playing at UT should be an attitude adjustment, unless he is a dumb-a$$, then UT shouldn't want him, anyway

Reactions: BreatheUT
The kid is a player. Also, there was a tweet from Coach Oliver indicating the Vols had good news from Jacksonville Friday. Obviously, he can't say what, but anyone have any ideas?
Walker is from Hastings, FL, which is near Jacksonville. Could be that the two are related.

Springer dominates at Flyin to the Hoop and talks recruiting

“I’ve been hearing from a lot of schools,” said Springer. “Texas, Tennessee, Auburn, Maryland, NC State, Wake Forest, just a lot of schools.”

Tennessee is having a tremendous season, and that is something that Springer has taken note of. The success the Vols are having, combined with their work recruiting him, has Springer very interested in the school.

“It has been great to hear from them,” said Springer of Tennessee. “They have been recruiting me since I was in ninth grade. My AAU team is from Tennessee, so I am familiar with the school and the coaching staff, and I have a good bond with them.”

VN Store

Back