'19 JUCO DE Nick Figueroa

It was the telling him to shut up that got me, and I think he meant that in every thread there is always someone that has to say he's not coming here to be sure no one gets excited about the possibility. There were even some saying Crouch would not visit this weekend. When confirmed he was here they had to say he was going to Clemson don't get excited. It wasn't so much you in particular. It was just there it is again.
Yep. Really not hard to understand.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
He's from Cali, seemingly wants to stay home. He said he already made a decision, but we made him really think about it. I think distance will win out.

Not sure what you heard, but he said the exact opposite of that on the interview, that distance wasn't a factor. Seems mature enough not to have to live so close to mom and dad.

Not sure what you heard, but he said the exact opposite of that on the interview, that distance wasn't a factor. Seems mature enough not to have to live so close to mom and dad.
I think we all watched the same video. He said that to drum up a little interest to an extent, and while it might be something he could overcome, it is still an issue. You can tell he's dancing around it a little bit, but says there an appeal to being close to home, but he thinks he should dial that back because in the NFL you don't get to pick. Whether it is enough of an issue to keep him from coming here remains to be seen.

Right! He said wanting to make the NFL a career and he wouldn't be able to decide where he lives then--so where he lives now isn't that big of a problem. His family will support him wherever he lives. He's the type of guy we want on our team! GO VOLS!

I think we all watched the same video. He said that to drum up a little interest to an extent, and while it might be something he could overcome, it is still an issue. You can tell he's dancing around it a little bit, but says there an appeal to being close to home, but he thinks he should dial that back because in the NFL you don't get to pick. Whether it is enough of an issue to keep him from coming here remains to be seen.

He also said the SEC was the BEST conference in CFB--and that the distance thru flight was only about 6 hrs give or take. So not an issue.
My impression from watching his interview was that we really removed any obstacle to keep him from coming here. He said that he couldn't make a bad choice, but only to decide which is the best one. That, and saying that playing in the SEC as the best conference will weigh heavily on his mind in the decision.

I don't know if he will come here, but to me it sure sounded like he WANTS TO COME TO BE A VOL!

He also said the SEC was the BEST conference in CFB--and that the distance thru flight was only about 6 hrs give or take. So not an issue.
My impression from watching his interview was that we really removed any obstacle to keep him from coming here. He said that he couldn't make a bad choice, but only to decide which is the best one. That, and saying that playing in the SEC as the best conference will weigh heavily on his mind in the decision.

I don't know if he will come here, but to me it sure sounded like he WANTS TO COME TO BE A VOL!
Don't get your hopes too high. I think we have a decent shot, but don't convince yourself it's a lock. We obviously made a lot of progress this weekend, hopefully enough progress. A 6 hour flight is a big issue to a lot of people, btw. I don't know his family in particular, but that's no easy task. Also, it is impossible to say that the SEC isn't the best conference. The PAC 12 didn't have anyone in contention for the final 4. Let's hope we get him, as we need bodies on the Dline.

Your right. He seems pretty well spoken and mature so he knew who he was talking to in the interview. With our luck with these Cali kids last year, it would seem a long shot for sure.

Don't get your hopes too high. I think we have a decent shot, but don't convince yourself it's a lock. We obviously made a lot of progress this weekend, hopefully enough progress. A 6 hour flight is a big issue to a lot of people, btw. I don't know his family in particular, but that's no easy task. Also, it is impossible to say that the SEC isn't the best conference. The PAC 12 didn't have anyone in contention for the final 4. Let's hope we get him, as we need bodies on the Dline.

He himself said that the 6+ hr distance wasn't that big a deal....

My hopes aren't too high. I said that I don't know if he will sign with us--and I don't. I watched the video and listened to him talk. There were enough positives in his words to make me think that CJP and crew made him want to come here. I think the guy wants a challenge, likes a challenge. He mentioned that there were real challenges at USC and here at UT. I think he's a fighter...like Overstreet was back in the day. He's the kind of guy we really need on the team to help fix any lazy, half-assed slacker attitudes.

GO VOLS!

Sounds promising but you always have to take these immediate post visit interviews with a grain of salt. There is a honeymoon high. Let’s see if the excitement lasts.

Figueroa said before the trip that he wanted to go to the best place for him, wherever it was. He also mentioned being glad to travel because he had never been very far away from his own doorstep. He might realize that Tennessee is where he wants to be. Guys looked like they were bonding, for a grand adventure. Not saying it is a done deal, but I do think it very well could happen. "It's not really that far. Home is where your feet are." NF

Last edited:

VN Store

Back