'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

Butch was actually the reason he committed here because he was friends with his son. He got butthurt and decommitted once he realized Butch was getting fired. He wouldn’t even give Pruitt a chance.

So basically you would rather Cade beat us again by pushing his brother to Georgia to help them beat us or possibly ruin our reputation in catholic which currently seems to be producing the most division 1 prospects in this area..... fans should help our coaching staff....not make their jobs harder.

Reactions: SugarCC
Without going into the whole Cade Mays thing, I submit that Cooper Mays is just simply not a take for us in 2020. We are in on Tucker, Ratledge, and the Memphis Four, among others.....all bigger and more highly rated than Mays.... and those six are all we'll be able to take. And besides, Mays is under size per Pruitt's determination that the Vols have to get bigger, meaner and stronger. He doesn't fit our needs, so; I personally wish Cooper Mays well and move on.

So basically you would rather Cade beat us again by pushing his brother to Georgia to help them beat us or possibly ruin our reputation in catholic which currently seems to be producing the most division 1 prospects in this area..... fans should help our coaching staff....not make their jobs harder.
The only way that would hurt us is if we actually waste a scholarship on Cooper. I want him to go to Georgia. Let them burn a scholarship. As for Catholic, we never get their good players anyway. They go out of their way to send their good players somewhere else. Screw them.

The only way that would hurt us is if we actually waste a scholarship on Cooper. I want him to go to Georgia. Let them burn a scholarship. As for Catholic, we never get their good players anyway. They go out of their way to send their good players somewhere else. Screw them.

Do a lot of recruiting and scouting? If our staff wants him then I want him.

it's like getting Benji Shuler w/out the benefit of getting Heath.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Butch was actually the reason he committed here because he was friends with his son. He got butthurt and decommitted once he realized Butch was getting fired. He wouldn’t even give Pruitt a chance.

is that what he told you? or is that what you heard from our top notch local sports media?

Without going into the whole Cade Mays thing, I submit that Cooper Mays is just simply not a take for us in 2020. We are in on Tucker, Ratledge, and the Memphis Four, among others.....all bigger and more highly rated than Mays.... and those six are all we'll be able to take. And besides, Mays is under size per Pruitt's determination that the Vols have to get bigger, meaner and stronger. He doesn't fit our needs, so; I personally wish Cooper Mays well and move on.

At least you gave a well thought out reason for your opinion. Couldn't you throw in a "his brother said screw Tennessee"?

I agree. The Mays family made this a business decision. If Cooper can help us win, he gets in. If we have better options on the board, Cooper needs to find another harbor for his ship to be moored.

Why are some judging this kid based on what his brother chooses? If cade didn’t want to be apart of what we’re doing so be it. That doesn’t mean cooper will make the same decision. They’re two different people.
Well if his brother was playing here he would make a great PWO, but based on his rankings alone he would make a great PWO for Clemson.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Im glad he is mad. He can now go to Austin Peay, or whereever, and we can use the scholarship on a talented football player. We need a clean break from the Mays family.

If he really isn’t good enough to play in the SEC, if he really does only he have Austin Peay level talent, then he can come on to Tennessee....we’re not an SEC team/program either and he’d fit right in with our other OVC players.

If he really isn’t good enough to play in the SEC, if he really does only he have Austin Peay level talent, then he can come on to Tennessee....we’re not an SEC team/program either and he’d fit right in with our other OVC players.
WE WILL TAKE HIM!;)

Reactions: Coach Punk
Looks like he’s added some weight. Also Cade went from wearing blue jeans and boots to skinny jeans and uggs lol

Reactions: quadlee21

VN Store

Back