'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

Well, then continue to beg him to come here, but don’t get mad when he chooses Georgia at the last second and then insults Tennessee.

We’ll continue to recruit him like any other prospect, and if he picks somewhere else, like most kids we recruit, so be it. I’ve never been mad about any kid’s recruitment choice. Quay’s method irked me, but I don’t really care where he ended up. Not sure why you’re taking this so incredibly personal, but recruiting is a business. You win some, you lose a lot more, and you move on to the next one.

Our fans are begging him by the constant ass kissing of a player whose brother said “f*** Tennessee”. That is inexcusable imo. And yes, his family is to blame. You don’t commit and then switch to a rival when things get tough. He should’ve been raised better.

I am sorry for your lack of rational thinking.

We’ll continue to recruit him like any other prospect, and if he picks somewhere else, like most kids we recruit, so be it. I’ve never been mad about any kid’s recruitment choice. Quay’s method irked me, but I don’t really care where he ended up. Not sure why you’re taking this so incredibly personal, but recruiting is a business. You win some, you lose a lot more, and you move on to the next one.
Im taking this personal because his brother committed here, said he was gonna get others to come here, bailed when things got tough, got insulted when fans got mad, and then said “f*** Tennessee”. I could get over it except he is local and a legacy. I don’t forgive that crap. I want his whole family to stay as far away from Tennessee as possible. And our fans begging for him to come here makes me sick. Have some damn pride.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Im taking this personal because his brother committed here, said he was gonna get others to come here, bailed when things got tough, got insulted when fans got mad, and then said “f*** Tennessee”. I could get over it except he is local and a legacy. I don’t forgive that crap. I want his whole family to stay as far away from Tennessee as possible. And our fans begging for him to come here makes me sick. Have some damn pride.

Should we kick Kivon Bennett off the team?Pretty sure his father said some harsh words against Tennessee at some point or another.

Don't let your "pride" get in the way of common sense.

If insults are your thing, you need lots of practice. That weak sauce would be something I would expect from a middle schooler.

But if the player was "good enough" then by all means what his brother says doesn't matter, and he will also attach his lips to the family's backside. His "pride" comes with qualifications.

Wanna see him get a little bigger first and whether he keeps his mobility or not
Hard pass. His brother made a disparaging remark.

He could be the next coming of Jeff Saturday and we have to pass. His brother donned the red/black.

Reactions: rich4pres
He is not talented enough to have to deal with his family. I’ve been pretty specific. I can understand if he was a five star but he is not. He is just gonna lead us on and then choose Georgia. If we are gonna deal with their crap he should at least be worth it. He is not.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Look, if you wanna beg the brother of Tennessee’s biggest traitor of all time to come here thats on you. I could understand if he was a five star but he is not. We would be doing that family a favor taking him. I would rather disassociate Tennessee from the Mays family forever.

Just to clarify...

You're saying if he was a 5 star, and the #1 Center in the country... we could tolerate what his brother did and this wouldn't be a conversation...

.,.. but since he's just the #5 Center in the nation... he's a scumbag by association

Just to clarify...

You're saying if he was a 5 star, and the #1 Center in the country... we could tolerate what his brother did and this wouldn't be a conversation...

.,.. but since he's just the #5 Center in the nation... he's a scumbag by association
I wouldn’t want him period. But I could at least understand why some of you would stoop so low as to kiss the ass of the Mays family. I wouldn’t want him regardless of star ranking.

Then let those schools deal with the Mays family.

Deal with the Mays family..... if hadn’t trashed our program to the point local kids didn’t want to come here..... Cade would have been a vol....if our staff thinks Cooper can help us win games then I am all for him being here.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga

VN Store

Back