The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

@Grand Vol. Upper Management and I are keeping things simple this year for Christmas, and spending the money on the Grandkids, church, etc. One gift, plus stocking stuffers. She wants a watch. So I went for a Pyramid trigger for my Glock 30S. Came highly recommended. This is my off-duty and church gun. You know anything about them?

@Grand Vol. Upper Management and I are keeping things simple this year for Christmas, and spending the money on the Grandkids, church, etc. One gift, plus stocking stuffers. She wants a watch. So I went for a Pyramid trigger for my Glock 30S. Came highly recommended. This is my off-duty and church gun. You know anything about them?

Not a thing. I do know Apex is in the Glock trigger market now and they are good to go.

Never heard of Pyramid until now.

Not a thing. I do know Apex is in the Glock trigger market now and they are good to go.

Never heard of Pyramid until now.

On GlockStore.com. I looked at the Apex, and heard good things about it, but ended up going with the Pyramid since it just seemed like a easier move. With the Apex, I would have to buy the shoe and connecting rod, then another factory shoe in case it had to go back for repair / upgrade, etc. Exchanged emails with Apex, and they just made it seem like it was a hassle to install an Apex, and all for roughly a 1 lb. reduction in trigger pull. Pyramid is a "drop-in" for the same benefit, so Pyramid it is.

I'll shoot it in after the first of the year and let you know what I think. in case we don't speak again in the next few weeks, Happy Holidays and all that.

For @DEFENDTHISHOUSE

16649309_1352314908123422_2455472094477740023_n.png

Also, I've been meaning to post that I finally received my suppressor for my AR SBR in 300BO. I have to say I was disappointed in the noise reduction. If people are against removal of the suppressors from the NFA, they should go try and shoot a suppressed firearm. I probably would not have spent the money if I'd know that it was still that loud. I didn't expect James Bond quiet but I figured it would be much more suppressed. I first shot regular 300BO ammo and thought subsonic would be much quieter but after ordering and running some sub sonic through it, it' not that much quieter. To me it sounds about like a .22LR.

Entirely inaccurate...

Anyone who doesn't swear by the 8 round mags these days is an idiot 1911 owner.
I’ve always preferred the Wilson 47 mags. They seem to last longer than the 47d mags. 1911’s just like revolvers and shotguns have limited capacity, it behooves a user to learn to load the gun.

I’ve always preferred the Wilson 47 mags. They seem to last longer than the 47d mags. 1911’s just like revolvers and shotguns have limited capacity, it behooves a user to learn to load the gun.

Can't go wrong with Wilsons and I know people that won't use anything but. However, I've found the Mec-Gar 1911 mags to be exceptional.

Of course, everything Mec-Gar makes tends to be that way.

I’d say Bill Wilson was much more of a bastard for charging 8k for a pistol. The custom 1911 market jumped the shark long ago. I’d personallly rather have a Les Baer for 1/4 the price.

Industry leader and all. He set the tone and the standard for what was a custom 1911.

1964 model Marlin 336-RC 30-30
Nikon 3-9x40
Dad bought it at a pawn shop back in 1997, we sighted it in at my uncles cabin in Scott’s Hill, near Lexington, huge UT fan(where I get it)he loved to fish the Tn river for smallmouth launching at mouse-tail landing, my dad and I both killed our first deer there with this rifle, such a great rifle, I refinished the entire rifle and got it looking almost brand new, messed up the bluing in certain spots but when it needs it again I’ll do it better. It can hold 4” groups at 200 yards with hornady lever- revolution 160 g.

Lost my sling mounts when I had it disassembled. So mad!
It’s taken many deer and coyotes, can’t wait to hand it down to one of my sons.

Attachments

• 2CF97451-0860-4225-9F19-3CE4D97C4CDA.jpeg
    2CF97451-0860-4225-9F19-3CE4D97C4CDA.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 10

VN Store

Back