The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

Love the BHP. But I look at that picture and already see "ouch."
I’ve never had hammer bite with the spur hammer. The ring hammer on the other hand, it’s as bad as a stock 1911.

I’ve got a 1969 T-Series (ring hammer) that ate the web of my hand like a fat girl at an all you can eat buffet.

Reactions: txbo
I’ve never had hammer bite with the spur hammer. The ring hammer on the other hand, it’s as bad as a stock 1911.

I’ve got a 1969 T-Series (ring hammer) that ate the web of my hand like a fat girl at an all you can eat buffet.

I had it a few times with mine. Of course, it isn't a "true" BHP, so that could be it.

Honestly I wanted the M24 that Remington had bought back from the Army and was then 'refurbishing' and reselling. Even though I'm B4 qualified (Sniper) and could have gotten in early, I missed the boat. I bought this in its stead

GA Precision makes an M24 clone that is a tack hammer. It aint cheap but it's a lot of fun to shoot.

For the money I've become more than a little curious about some of Bergara's offerings.

I set one up for my nephew. It shoots sub MOA right out of the box. Really nice rifle. Also Tikka is making a really fine rifle without spending a fortune.

Which Bergara are you considering?

Last edited:
I set one up for my nephew. It shoots sub MOA right out of the box. Really nice rifle. Also Tikka is making a really fine rifle without spending a fortune.

Yep, especially if you got into Tikka early. Almost seems like the "baby Sako" wasn't on many people's radar until word got out and now they aren't the deal they used to be though still priced awfully good for how they shoot.

And which Bergara? The HMR?

Yep, especially if you got into Tikka early. Almost seems like the "baby Sako" wasn't on many people's radar until word got out and now they aren't the deal they used to be though still priced awfully good for how they shoot.

And which Bergara? The HMR?

Get one now before they go up in price again.

Bergara makes one of the finest production barrel on the market. The barrel on the HMR is no exception. The action is butter smooth. The stock is where the HMR really outshines the Tikka CTR. It is a sturdy composite stock with an aluminum mini chassis inside. It's really rigid. And it has an adjustable cheek rest. I think I'm going to buy a couple of them and put them up for my daughters or future grandkids.

Get one now before they go up in price again.

Bergara makes one of the finest production barrel on the market. The barrel on the HMR is no exception. The action is butter smooth. The stock is where the HMR really outshines the Tikka CTR. It is a sturdy composite stock with an aluminum mini chassis inside. It's really rigid. And it has an adjustable cheek rest. I think I'm going to buy a couple of them and put them up for my daughters or future grandkids.

I'm starting to vaguely sense how GW feels when GV gets rolling. I haven't scampered through the 6.5 scene yet but an HMR Creed has been at the top of my wish list if I went that direction.

I'm starting to vaguely sense how GW feels when GV gets rolling. I haven't scampered through the 6.5 scene yet but an HMR Creed has been at the top of my wish list if I went that direction.

About a year ago I jumped in the 6.5 scene with a Tikka TACa1. I now only have one .308 barrel left on a rifle and it will be due for a new barrel in about 1000 more rounds. It will be a hard decision on that one.

Picked up a Magpul MS4 sling and a Streamlight TLR1-1 HL. My 10.5" AR pistol is finally done. Feelsgoodman.

I just put a TLR-1HL on my AR. Replaced a Scout light. I have mine at 10 o'clock on a FSB mount. Really like it. Very easy to activate the light in any of the 3 modes without coming out of my shooting grip. Also have a Magpul 2-point sling. Not sure what model, but it has the slider to shorten up one-handed. Also like it a lot.

You should be very pleased with both of yours.

Reactions: BigOrange15
Installed the scope and needing some range time now.

Attachments

• 20181203_201515.jpg
    20181203_201515.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Reactions: txbo

VN Store

Back