The Kitchens OC Little Board

And this is why we will never get back to the top of the SEC. If we hire Kitchens as OC i lost faith in the higher ups at UT. This is why we will never get a big time coach, because the top people at Tennessee will not let him hire who he wants to make us better. Smells like Haslam name all over this.
I did that a long time ago

Reactions: KBVol
Are we going to have a 100% staff of bummers at some point??? I just think it’s hard to stomach personally.

The bigger concern IMO is that a staff that consists of only Bamers is ready-made for a move to Bama if Saban retires. I don't really care that some of our coaches come from a rival school so much as I care if they are all coming from the same rival school.

And this is why we will never get back to the top of the SEC. If we hire Kitchens as OC i lost faith in the higher ups at UT. This is why we will never get a big time coach, because the top people at Tennessee will not let him hire who he wants to make us better. Smells like Haslam name all over this.
It's certainly a concern when any coach has any ties to Haslam whatsoever, but the bigger concern for me is that he only has one season as an OC...which would not be such a big deal at an established program with an established HC, but I really want to see Pruitt take an experienced and highly successful OC and turn the offense over to him.

The bigger concern IMO is that a staff that consists of only Bamers is ready-made for a move to Bama if Saban retires. I don't really care that some of our coaches come from a rival school so much as I care if they are all coming from the same rival school.

You may be right, but at this point I think that’s something the Clemson fans should worry about-not us.

Why would he leave Cleveland?
even the dog is laughing his ass off when he read this !

but with that being said ..... Kitchens has less than ONE year of experience as an OC and ZERO
experience as an OC in college.

whatever is going on with this OC search, Kendal Briles is sure as hell the right guy.

Reactions: BIGAL27
You may be right, but at this point I think that’s something the Clemson fans should worry about-not us.

Dabo has absolutely zero incentive to follow Saban at Bama. Bama can’t offer him anything that Clemson can’t.

Reactions: volgrad500
We are the Browns of the SEC right now.
No the browns have a QB and several other high level players. The Vols, not so much. He seems to have done a pretty good job this year. His future there is questionable since they will bring in a new coach next year.

Step 1...Just say HELL NO to anything to do with the Haslam family except taking their donation checks!!!

Step 2...Get anyone on our Board of Trustees with any Haslam connection the hell OFF our BOT and do it NOW!!!

Step 3...Give Fulmer and Pruitt however much $$$$$$$$$$$ they may need to hire great, proven coaches that are also known as great recruiters.

The simple FACT is that there are ZERO proven coaches that want to come coach at Tennessee, NONE so we simply MUST bribe them with huge paychecks and take the huge risk that they can come turn everything around in 5 or 6 years and it may take longer.

Sadly I don't believe I'll live long enough to see another Championship year but I can live with that as long as I see my beloved Vols moving back up the mountain in the right direction.

Give Pruitt whatever he needs and time to get our program back to being a solid, stable program on the move back up.

VFL...GBO!!!

WOOHOO surround yourself with friends, Pruitt! Being a jobs program for your buddies is more important than the Tennessee program! Put numbers on the helmets and wear crimson!

Reactions: DWright39

That should be the least of our concerns. If it comes to that, then Pruitt is winning a lot of games.

Besides, there are several coaches Bama could go after if they want a Saban disciple. Dabo, Kirby, Jimbo, etc...

VN Store

Back