Jeff Lebby to interview for OC

I am just fatigued. Not going to comment positive or negative until the hire. I assume we have interviewed everyone by now that is available or interested.

Reactions: KBVol
Was he at Baylor when those "white women" Briles was selling to recruits got gang raped?

Don't want him, and his wife should be ashamed of her brother and father.

Now we're getting closer. When I start seeing names and asking "who the hell is this?" I know that's who Tennessee is going to hire.

Certainly this hire would carry a lot of risk due to minimal experience as an OC in division 1. UCF looked good this year, I think they were in top 3 in the country offensively but how much of that is Lebby & how much is it carryover from Frost’ system & what he built there?

With where TN is at right now, I think we could have done a lot worse then Lebby, perhaps a little better but I’ll support him regardless.

Go VOLS!!!

Was he at Baylor when those "white women" Briles was selling to recruits got gang raped?

Don't want him, and his wife should be ashamed of her brother and father.

Ok, so I've done so many things in my life I have no room to cast stones, so I'm totally not trying to come off that way, but you make a good point, in a way. I think most people would be ok with Briles, second chances and all. But bringing him and his brother in law that is also connected to that is getting iffy. On top of that, I know some Houston fans were mad because apparently Art kept coming to the Cougars' practices. If we have the whole bunch from Baylor at practice, that might be a bridge too far. At that point there might be significantly more push-back.

I love panic threads. They're loads of fun.

giphy.gif

Let the whining begin. Genius fans had to Google him so therefore he's not qualified. Yurcich was at Shippensburg St. and somewhere else before Okie State. Freeze wasn't a household name until he was. My suggestion for all the whiners is to stop supporting UT football and find another program. Bunch of losers.

Like, love, couldn't have said it better myself. Bravo!

Ok, so I've done so many things in my life I have no room to cast stones, so I'm totally not trying to come off that way, but you make a good point, in a way. I think most people would be ok with Briles, second chances and all. But bringing him and his brother in law that is also connected to that is getting iffy. On top of that, I know some Houston fans were mad because apparently Art kept coming to the Cougars' practices. If we have the whole bunch from Baylor at practice, that might be a bridge too far. At that point there might be significantly more push-back.

I think he should be hired with the information that is out there today. But there are issues with Baylor, being a private school like Vandy, being able to hide some information. If the situation had occurred at a public university the school could not hide it due to disclosure rules.

At this time there is still a potential for info to be discovered through lawsuits that may jeopardize Briles in the future. That becomes a huge risk in this case.

No sarcasm. Will we meet or exceed 7-5 next year ? I doubt it but I don’t think we should lower the standard. With our resources and fan base, 8-4 to 9-3 should be the minimum expectation for this program.

Resources and fan base doesnt have anything to do with us winning 7, 8 or 9 games. Its possible that we win 7 next year. Is it likely? I dont think so. I believe we go 6-6. You can expect all you want. But we are in the beginning of a rebuild. Its that simple. Cue all the cliches, excuses blah, blah you want. Say I am a negavol or using excuses to deflect balme for Pruitt. But this team needs a TON. of work.

We have huge issues at nearly every position. No depth on either line. Slow LBs. Tackling problems. Lineman who cannot block or shed a block. QB problems. RBs that cannot make people miss. WRs that are slow and have a case of butterfingers. No real explosive playmakers.

So what should we expect? I am expevting some modest improvement. Nothing major.

Already paying buyouts...you're talking about fiscal suicide. Who is worth 7 million a year? There's no guarantee that that person would be successful....

No it doesn’t guarantee you win but it more than likely gets you a coach who has proven at a decent level that he can win. If Pruitt had some success as a head coach, he would be given the benefit of the doubt but with no track record people are quick to criticize or question. It isn’t the money that guarantees success but it shows the fan base and team that it is at least attempting to be competitive.

If we go for a hire like this guy why not just promote from within..... getting tough to root for stupidity, stopped attending games at Neyland 5 years ago after watching us struggle with a mid major. I’m afraid if we don’t get this thing heading in the right direction sooner rather than later it’s going to get pretty sparse, this needs to be a big hire, without a **** ton of baggage and hopes.

If we go for a hire like this guy why not just promote from within..... getting tough to root for stupidity, stopped attending games at Neyland 5 years ago after watching us struggle with a mid major. I’m afraid if we don’t get this thing heading in the right direction sooner rather than later it’s going to get pretty sparse, this needs to be a big hire, without a **** ton of baggage and hopes.

I'm not feeling very Friendly at the present time.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
The problem with getting the "splash hire" everybody seems to want around here is they do well... we'll be looking for another new OC next year... they don't, and we're saddled with a huge contract buyout... would be nice if we could pull a young up-and-comer, give them recruits they can succeed with, and lay the groundwork for a stable offense instead of handing our QBs completely redone playbooks once a year...

I'd be more happy with Freddie Kitchens than anybody, but Lebby isn't a bad direction... I don't think Briles or Freeze would have been a good hire if we want any kind of stability or longevity out of the OC position

Imo Briles should only get a second chance after he gets taken behind the woodshed for a little while.

if this story is accurate and we are doing any kind of serious consideration of Jeff Lebby to be OC --- boys and girls its time to fire the clowns and shut down the circus.

this guy has only ONE YEAR of experience as an OC . that was at Southeastern University, an NAIA school .

if this is where Pruitt is at, he might as well take all the graduate assistants' names, put em in a helmet and draw out a name to be OC and be done with it.

Reactions: lifeisdeep

VN Store

Back