Rumors flying

Needling Peyton is a bit like bemoaning Santa Claus at church. Lighten up. They’re on our side. They’re good men doing good works. 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
Lol. Peyton Manning would be an awesome hire. Unfortunate that I never ever see it happening.....

Talk about bringing the fan base together.....
Until his first bad game when half the fans would be yelling to "fahr Peyton".

Peyton would likely start his coaching career under Coach Cutcliffe at Duke with no pressure from the fans or alumni to call every perfect play. It would benefit him greatly to be a coach instead of the legend that tried to coach offense.

Lol. Peyton Manning would be an awesome hire. Unfortunate that I never ever see it happening.....

Talk about bringing the fan base together.....
One thing about Peyton is his ego and status as a Vol legend won’t allow him to coach in any capacity on UT’s football staff. He doesn’t want to risk the fan base turning on him after he’s been so beloved all these years. So scratch that idea off your OC lists. It won’t happen!!

So you’re saying as fact the Mannings are wanting a NFL team in the near future? Even though it is widely known?
You misspelled RUMORED. I don’t picture FACTS as your strong suit. Is this more gold from your fat buddy?

Love the insults. You know you’re losing when the insults are flying.....
You said he was “prominent”...that didn’t mean obese? And your use of the word facts is warped...you’re welcome in advance.

methamphetamines are definitely involved if you think Peyton Manning is even remotely interested or a candidate for the OC position.

Selling Butch and trying to sell Schiano and being a Haslam shill has did more damage than any donation he’s made for the tax write off. That’s fine. We can have a difference of opinion. I’m sure Peyton is happy Phil is AD now but he was one of the biggest reasons he didn’t get the job earlier when Currie landed the job. It’s fine to agree to disagree. Just don’t mudsling and yuck it up.

By the way, all of the above statements are true about his actions. So don’t come at me with the “you say keep it clean and no mudslinging, but look what you said”

Everything I said is fact in regards to Peyton and the AD search, and Schiano salesjob.

It’s all about the street creds. Seriously, Peyton is not the Quarterback anymore for Tennessee, but he wears the moniker well when needed and when he writes that check. I see him as a Buisness man now, he has managed to combine his loyalty to the Vols and his business venture. Still a VFL. We all could glue the Angel Wings on him when he does positive Buisness for UT. Once he started pouring in money to the athletic department, like all Buisness people, he might have thought he had a say in the day to day Buisness. I’m sure that Coach Fulmer is very aware of this.

Why does Peyton come up every coaching search? He isn't going to coach. He doesn't want to coach period.

People don't stop and consider his status.

He's literally surpassed the arena of coaching of sports.

He will be another Jerry Jones before he becomes a GA at some college...

It financially doesn't make sense for him to get into coaching....or even broadcasting.

I’m tired of hitting refresh. I’ll wait to get the Volnation tweet once we’ve hired someone

Reactions: trion23

VN Store

Back