Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif
Lmao. 9470EE8E-C7AD-4DDA-B8B0-F30400777423.jpegMet that crazy dude in Vegas last month.

(Pulls head out of sand)

Anyone else afraid to open recruiting threads? Pappoe done made me gun shy. 😆

(puts head back in sand)

Reactions: DD4ME
I actually thought the story WAS that we didn't want him for our coach because we didn't think he was good enough for the job and so some of our more aggressive fans used his "ties" to the Penn State scandal to destroy the man. The beef that people outside the fanbase had with us seemed to me to be that when we want to win we do not necessarily fight fair. They were scared. Nobody thought we could get that ugly; we showed them, or at least some of our fans did. Sometimes if you want to win that's just what you have to do and at least on that one Sunday there were enough Tennessee fans willing to give their all that we won. See, just because no one else wanted to give him another shot as a head coach on his merits (as a head coach) wasn't going to be good enough for our fans to keep him out of Knoxvillle. We had to go nuclear to block the hire. I hope they make the movie someday.
A 30-30 has to be made about it

Some will always believe Kiffin to be some sort of sociopath only looking to make his gain, but I 100% believe if he could do it all over again he wouldn't have left UT. At least not by his own accord. He has yet to prove himself to be a better HC than OC, but I don't think he goes back out west after getting a taste of what its like to win at a high level in the SEC.

Some will always believe Kiffin to be some sort of sociopath only looking to make his gain, but I 100% believe if he could do it all over again he wouldn't have left UT. At least not by his own accord. He has yet to prove himself to be a better HC than OC, but I don't think he goes back out west after getting a taste of what its like to win at a high level in the SEC.

Joey Freshwater was the sociopath.

Okay, so you think it plausible that Kendal knew absolutely nothing about his father covering up rapes while working under him? And you see nothing suspicious selling sex during recruiting? Easily arguable that there's enough suspicion to link Kendal to that scandal. Yet you want to hire Kendal Briles.

The thing is, suspicion does not equal guilt. If you didn't want Schiano because he was crappy, I'm fine with that, but people shouldn't keep pointing to the Penn State thing to justify it.
I’m going to keep using the Penn State thing.

You've obviously blinded yourself to the parallels I was pointing out. The scandals are similar. The difference is one is wanted and the other is not.
Also one was going to be head man and the other not so much. Edit: people do over look things if it benefits them or their cause though.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back