When a new OC is hired.......

Does it add at least 2 seasons, to giving CJP his chance prove himself at Tennessee?

No. Did Shoop give Butch 2 more years? Did Clawson give Fulmer 2 more years? Pruitt gets 3-4 years to do something. If he fails then we hire the next wannabe.

If the person he hires fixes our offense (talent and scheme) and we start winning more games every year, then he can stay longer. If his hire turns out to be as effective as Last OC that Fulmer or Jones made, then he can be shown the door just like they were.

I’m realistic to understand that Butch laid his brick by brick foundation on quicksand and we are basically in total rebuild mode which will take time. Next year, bowl game is minimum expectation but isn’t a given. If Dooley started in year zero, Pruitt is at year -1. Just get it done.

Wonder why Pruitt is taking his time to make sure he gets the right hire?

A conversation between Phil and Jeremy: "Hey let's drag this OC hire out, the fans will get frustrated due to no hire to the point where they will be willing to accept anyone just to know that someone is hired." "Then we hit em with a hire from within, they will be happy to get someone and wa la no fuss."

No, the fact that no one wants to work here gives him 2 extra seasons though. If its this difficult to replace an OC how would they ever hire a coach, go to the high school ranks?

Who in the crap said no one wants to work here. The people who really know whats going on haven't said anything, so lets just make stuff up.

A conversation between Phil and Jeremy: "Hey let's drag this OC hire out, the fans will get frustrated due to no hire to the point where they will be willing to accept anyone just to know that someone is hired." "Then we hit em with a hire from within, they will be happy to get someone and wa la no fuss."
*voila

Reactions: Samuellbronkowitz
I'll just be happy when he hires an OC and all the crying stops. Please stop the whining it's almost been 2 weeks nonstop tears and crying every day it never ends. The Freeze frenzy was really humorous, the whispers, the work up into a frenzy could it be!?!?! is he the one?!?! Oh we're gonna be great again!!!! then slowly the realization that no he isn't... and the deflated sense end of the world around here. You could hear the air hissing out.... Hahahaha... Actually the longer this goes on especially with zero factual information getting out the funnier VN gets.
The whining won’t stop. There will still be people that didn’t like the hire and countless others that hate the playcalling based on their experience as a high school player. And the team would have made State if the coach had just put them in.

I'll just be happy when he hires an OC and all the crying stops. Please stop the whining it's almost been 2 weeks nonstop tears and crying every day it never ends. The Freeze frenzy was really humorous, the whispers, the work up into a frenzy could it be!?!?! is he the one?!?! Oh we're gonna be great again!!!! then slowly the realization that no he isn't... and the deflated sense end of the world around here. You could hear the air hissing out.... Hahahaha... Actually the longer this goes on especially with zero factual information getting out the funnier VN gets.
I wish I could like this post more. I was just about to post something similar about the crybabies.

"Wah wah! We didn't get who I wanted. It's been almost 2 weeks! Wah Wah." Look at yourselves in the freaking mirror while you read your posts. I thought there were grown ass men on here, but now I see a lot of little babies who can't cope without mommy's teat.

I think at this point we just let the BOT call in plays since they want to be so involved. Of course we will get 42 delay of game penalties every game since they can't make a timely decision.

When a new OC is hired ... and he's a great addition to the staff, errbody gon be like...

excited-baby.gif

giphy.gif

until then, it's more like ...

InbornCraftyLeonberger-max-1mb.gif

Does it add at least 2 seasons, to giving CJP his chance prove himself at Tennessee?
When we get the talent, coaching turnover can be expected. Alabama changes 1 or more assistant coaches almost every year and it works out fine when the talent continues to flow in. Get the talent and we want have to worry about getting good assistants to replace those who move up and out of our Program.

The "I'm smart you are stupid argument again"! I thought for years we could get any coach we wanted just a question of money. Now it has become clear that is false. No one wants to work here unless its a stepping stone up for them, lateral moves are out of the question now.
Not accepting a lateral move is very different from having to go to the high school ranks to find a coach.

This.
Even if we got Freeze or Briles, they both only have so much to work with. It's still going to take time. Patience is the word here. Pruitt has not even been here a year yet and already there's talk of firing him...…………...Only on VN.

Actually today is his one-year anniversary. Not that it changes your point.

Anytime that a head coach is on the hot seat, they will fire either their O.C. or D.C. to buy more time on the job.
When we had a bad season in 2005, 5 - 7 record, Fulmer fired Sanders and bought himself more time. By chance, Cutcliffe was available and saved Fulmer's job.

VN Store

Back