Why would anybody want to be the OC here

You, sir, stand out among the legion of miserables.

You do realize that in two years, 90 percent of of the team will never have played a down in the CBJ era? They will never have met him.

You can take over this program or you could take over Saban’s current program, and in three or four years, it’s pretty much yours. Your recruits developed by your coaching.

Coaches take jobs because they believe they can recruit and develop what it takes to win.

It’s the beauty and curse of college football. There’s no rear view mirror.

You missed my point. I’ll try to be more simple for you. How do you recruit and develop when you get ran off after one year of having a bad offense because you are coaching someone else’s players that aren’t any good? Did you not watch what our fans acted like pertaining to Helton? We basically ran him off because he couldn’t shoot a gun that had no bullets. That’s my point. Next year will be the same regardless, not to mention everybody wants freeze so whoever we hire will be scrutinized from the jump.

Cryme Tyme! Shad Gaspard with the big boot!
351744474_1809966.gif

Reactions: SoddyAllVol
Why do people here call you miserable if you point out the obvious and call a spade a spade? Never understood that. We suck, we’ve sucked for a decade and haven’t won an sec title in 20 years. Doesn’t make you less of a fan for pointing out the truth.

I’ve been trying to keep up with the OC search as much as possible. As a career move, what’s the pros of taking this job? God awful line. Slow over rated receivers who are bad route runners and can’t do much besides a quick slant or throw it up fade routes and hope for the best. No depth at any position. Best running back gets hurt often and wouldn’t see the field at bama or Georgia. Qb is mediocre at his absolute best. Can’t read a defense, see a blitz coming, ball always comes out late but tough as nails. Knowing the line is bad and freshman can’t win upfront in the sec means the offense will be bad next year no matter who the coach is. Why would a coach come to a school with no weapons to play with, no line, no qb (unless jt is secretly great). No matter the coach we hire or the recruits we bring in we’re going to be bad on offense next year and our crazy fans will want to run the OC out of town like we did to Helton this year before he got hired away. It’s a no win situation with everything to lose. Seems like a bad career move to me. Whoever we get will have nothing to play with next year and our fan base who doesn’t understand sec football and stability will be ready to fire whoever it is after the first game. Im in no way saying Helton was a good OC or bad because he never had any talent to play with and you’re pretty limited in what you can do when your gun has no bullets.
Butch Jones😫is that you? Or uncle Lou again?

Reactions: HonestVol24
I’ve been trying to keep up with the OC search as much as possible. As a career move, what’s the pros of taking this job? God awful line. Slow over rated receivers who are bad route runners and can’t do much besides a quick slant or throw it up fade routes and hope for the best. No depth at any position. Best running back gets hurt often and wouldn’t see the field at bama or Georgia. Qb is mediocre at his absolute best. Can’t read a defense, see a blitz coming, ball always comes out late but tough as nails. Knowing the line is bad and freshman can’t win upfront in the sec means the offense will be bad next year no matter who the coach is. Why would a coach come to a school with no weapons to play with, no line, no qb (unless jt is secretly great). No matter the coach we hire or the recruits we bring in we’re going to be bad on offense next year and our crazy fans will want to run the OC out of town like we did to Helton this year before he got hired away. It’s a no win situation with everything to lose. Seems like a bad career move to me. Whoever we get will have nothing to play with next year and our fan base who doesn’t understand sec football and stability will be ready to fire whoever it is after the first game. Im in no way saying Helton was a good OC or bad because he never had any talent to play with and you’re pretty limited in what you can do when your gun has no bullets.
What an easy question!
If you think you're a great OC, you can come to UT and show how good you are, turn it around, stay and make a ton of money or leave after you fix it and make a ton of money.
Next question!

Reactions: tbones0711
Why do people here call you miserable if you point out the obvious and call a spade a spade? Never understood that. We suck, we’ve sucked for a decade and haven’t won an sec title in 20 years. Doesn’t make you less of a fan for pointing out the truth.
Two 9-4 records with bowl wins in 2015/2016. We have not sucked in a decade.

Two 9-4 records with bowl wins in 2014/2015/2016. We have not sucked in a decade.

Anyone who wants to prove themselves is looking to move up which means facing bigger challenges. There are a lot of coaches that would love to OC the Tennessee Volunteers.

Two 9-4 records with bowl wins in 2014/2015/2016. We have not sucked in a decade.

I’m an old school ut fan I guess. If you’re not competing for the sec or winning the east 8-4 and 6-6 are the same thing to me. Beating northwestern and whatever other no name school put us at 9 wins. Not to mention our best wins were against a bad Florida team who’s coach got fired and a first year Kirby Georgia team who we had to beat on a flukey hail mairy. I get your point but for the most part we have sucked for a decade and def not been relevant. Hell, no high school recruit has ever seen us win a sec title, let alone a real title.

I’m an old school ut fan I guess. If you’re not competing for the sec or winning the east 8-4 and 6-6 are the same thing to me. Beating northwestern and whatever other no name school put us at 9 wins. Not to mention our best wins were against a bad Florida team who’s coach got fired and a first year Kirby Georgia team who we had to beat on a flukey hail mairy. I get your point but for the most part we have sucked for a decade and def not been relevant. Hell, no high school recruit has ever seen us win a sec title, let alone a real title.

The Dobbs years were pretty good. In 2016 we did not meet expectations but still finished 9-4 with a solid bowl win. I agree the program has not performed at the level I hoped for since the National Championship but to say we have sucked for 10 years is an exaggeration.

We weren’t an sec contender I guess is my point. We lost to the good teams and beat the bad teams we were supposed to beat. When haven’t been to the sec title game in a decade which means as a whole we were bad. At a school like tennessee going 8-4 shouldn’t be the highlight of a decade. But fair enough. Letting Kamara be a full time 1st string rb may have changed that a littLe bit tho

Give him more attempts then the "bad" stats all become good. Rate and ratio stats tell the efficiency of the quarterback.

The coaching and blocking kept the attempts low.

Keep pretending an OC coming in won't be happy to have an accurate, efficient qb who doesn't turn the ball over.

Careful bruh, your agenda is showing.

You forgot to mention a coach who acts like Nick Saban. Stands over your shoulder on the sidelines screaming at you the whole time to "run the dam ball".

Stupid post. Easy answer to title. Didn’t read the post. The answer is because it’s the University of Tennessee!

You missed my point. I’ll try to be more simple for you. How do you recruit and develop when you get ran off after one year of having a bad offense because you are coaching someone else’s players that aren’t any good? Did you not watch what our fans acted like pertaining to Helton? We basically ran him off because he couldn’t shoot a gun that had no bullets. That’s my point. Next year will be the same regardless, not to mention everybody wants freeze so whoever we hire will be scrutinized from the jump.

Helton did not get ran off. He took a head coaching job, which happens every year at programs across the country.

Any other commentary is speculation and rumor. I think fans flatter themselves to think coaches get caught up in all the noise we make. They’ve got better things to do.

Racist IMO.

Reactions: DaUndergroundMan
Tyson is that you pulling a quick one trying to sway some recruits?

We weren’t an sec contender I guess is my point. We lost to the good teams and beat the bad teams we were supposed to beat. When haven’t been to the sec title game in a decade which means as a whole we were bad. At a school like tennessee going 8-4 shouldn’t be the highlight of a decade. But fair enough. Letting Kamara be a full time 1st string rb may have changed that a littLe bit tho
I’m not sure what response you’re angling for? You’ll have plenty of posters agree with you that we’re irrelevant and have been forever...what now? I’m cheering for every victory...major or bordering significance. Be that on the field, recruiting, coaching hires...what have you. If we never bank another championship, I’ll have one in my lifetime and I was patient for that one as it hit a few years before I hit the 3 0. Never going to not support my team and that’s not me hugging Ole Lady Mediocrity...I don’t affect that.

VN Store

Back