'19 TX WR Jaylen Ellis (Baylor signee)

And he has a 4.0 shuttle time which is elite in the NFL combine. Khafre also had a knee injury his junior year that might have the coaches second guessing him

Ah that explains why I thought he looked more explosive as a Jr and normal as a sr.

Don't dislike him. I think Ellis is better and has much more speed and explosion

I'll take either. Brown concerns me because he has a prior torn acl. But he's also close with Crouch so he might help there a little.

Ellis has drawn comparisons to Bryce Thompson, so obviously I'm interested.

I'll take either. Brown concerns me because he has a prior torn acl. But he's also close with Crouch so he might help there a little.

Ellis has drawn comparisons to Bryce Thompson, so obviously I'm interested.
I don't think Ellis is quite the athlete that Bryce is, but I do think Ellis will end up at DB like Bryce did if he signs with UT.

Read somewhere else that Ellis was unlikely.
Look who’s READING! Good for you!
tenor.gif

Round Rock, Texas wide receiver Jaylen Ellis has been committed to Baylor for quite a while, but that hasn't stopped him from taking visits and weighing his options. Ellis is slated for another official this weekend to Tennessee. Ahead of that visit, Vol head coach Jeremy Pruitt dropped by to check on him yesterday. "It went good," Ellis said. "Both he and coach Johnson came by and their message is the same that it's always been. That they don't have any speed and I can help them if I get up there and play early." Ellis will officially visit this weekend and he can't wait to land on Rocky Top. "I keep hearing how great it is," Ellis said. "I've just heard a lot of good things. I hear it's one of the best in the SEC. All that and being up there with guys like Brian Maurer is what I'm looking forward to." "It's a cool thing to come together and see each other again," Ellis said. "It's going to matter to me too what (Maurer) and those guys thinks. We have talked about it some back in the summer so I'm sure we will be talking about playing together more this weekend."
He also is very partial to David Johnson, who has shown an ability to show his genuine personality. "I like how coach Johnson handles himself," Ellis said. "He's really cool. He doesn't hide anything away. He's really honest and blunt and I like that about him." Anytime you have a kid that has to move multiple states over, you question whether he can make the move away from his family. Ellis has been steadfast in his message regarding leaving the Lone Star state. "It wouldn't be easy because I'd have to adjust too," Ellis said. "I have to do what's best for me. My dad continues to keep saying to find an opportunity that I can make the most of."
-VQ

VN Store

Back