Makes you wonder what Candy would've done...

CampBlount

Please ban me. VN is toxic.
... if they'd gone 22 in a row, like we did against them. Or any of our other streaks against them. Or if the series record 75-33-5 were reversed, in their favor?

2018 Final Score Tee, 3 In A Row - Black

I'd question the smarts of anybody who'd pay $28 plus tax, shipping and fees for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volanta
I was recently called juvenile by another VN member for referring to them as Candy. Not sure what his/her problem is.

Probably a Candy troll over here. Their 6 hardcore fans read VN all the time and it's easy for them to register over here -- unlike their little echo chamber.

We should never call them anything BUT Candy because it drives them crazy, even though they invite it by referring to themselves as "Vandy." Even used to be on the side of their helmets. They sure as heck call us a lot worse.

Last edited:
The thing about the 6 Candy fans is that they know, in their hearts, that this is fleeting -- that those "5 out of the last 7" wins that they keep bloviating about are against some of the absolute worst Vol teams in history; that Derek Mason will soon leave for greener pastures, and that eventually, we'll get our act together and the Natural Order of the Universe will be restored.

They're just making hay while they can, knowing what inevitably lies ahead.

Last edited:
LOL! They gotta get their jollies while they can. The high point in the lives of many Memphis State fans is still their 1996 win over us, despite that being their lone win in a series 22-1 in our favor.
Yep, and the refs gave that game to them plus Al Wilson was injured early in the game and did not return that day. I sat right in front of Al's mother and she was really concerned about the injury because she did not know the severity of the injury. That one was painful to watch.

Reactions: feathersax
Not only has Vandy beat Tennessee but manhandled them for the most part. Makes me question some of the sanity of our fans with wanting even more finesse football with air raid guys. We've spent a year trying to go back to pro style. We'd be wise to stay with someone who also shares that philosophy..

Not quite sure how we can make fun of Vandy, they have beat us as of late. They currently are the team to beat within the state of Tn.

Yes, and I'm certain that 8-year-old pee wee leaguers all over the state lie awake at night dreaming of playing for Candy, whose idea of success is a .500 season and having Candy fans in at least one-third of the seats in their high school sized stadium.

Last edited:
Yes, and I'm certain that 8-year-old pee wee leaguers all over the state lie awake at night dreaming of playing for Candy, whose idea of success is a .500 season and cannot fill their high school sized stadium.
And many on this forum think that the size of Neyland Stadium simply evolved overnight. What a joke.

That 33 actually makes me barf a little. We're only 42 games better than them? Gross.

VN Store

Back