*****Tennessee Football Coaching Search BIG BOARD [updated 12.4 10:47 am]

Check out @Midday180’s Tweet:

As expected, it seems like Maryland was holding everything up. Looks like our candidate (s) (whoever he/they were/was/is) was waiting to see who Alabama target to replace Locksley if he were to get the Maryland job. Maryland announced the hiring of Locksley this morning and it looks like dominoes are beginning to fall.

Reactions: dduncan4163
Tennessee Offensive Coordinator Hot Board 2.0

Freddie Kitchens

The longer this drags out, the more of an option Freddie Kitchens could become. The NFL’s coaching carousel’s timeline begins about a month after college football’s. Could Tennessee really wait that long for Kitchens? That would mean going through the early signing period without an offensive coordinator in place.

Kitchens has done outstanding work with Baker Mayfield and the Browns since taking over the offense after Hue Jackson got fired. That small sample size could very well have him in play for more NFL offensive coordinator jobs, if he’s not retained by the new head coach in Cleveland.

If he does come available, would Pruitt have enough pull to bring him back to the college ranks? The two remain close and are former college teammates. I’m still not sure how realistic this timeline is, but Tennessee doesn’t exactly seem to be in a hurry either.

Seeing his name pop up more and more. Maybe there's something cooking in the Kitchen ?

Eli Drinkwitz

Drinkwitz has seemed like the third or fourth option in this search. Now with Chip Lindsey and potentially Hugh Freeze out of the mix, could he become the new focus? Football Scoop reported that Jeremy Pruitt was interested in Drinkwitz last week, even naming him as a top-two candidate.

Consider the numbers on Drinkwitz’s offenses. N.C. State ranked 16th in total offense this year. They averaged 471 yards per game, compared to Tennessee’s 325. At Boise State in 2015, Drinkwitz organized an offense that ranked top 15 nationally, playing with a freshman quarterback in Brett Rypien.

He’s not the big name, but Tennessee could do a lot worse here.

I would love to land Eli. I really like his offense

Rush Propst could emerge if the Freeze block rumors prove to be true.

Pruitt needs someone he can trust. He is a smart coach. And could be a great fit. Plus gets in the door of the top running back of the 21’ class

Check out @Midday180’s Tweet:

I don’t like hearing that Fulmer is involved in the decision. It’s one thing if approval is needed for Freeze (or someone with baggage), but Pruitt shouldn’t have to consult with Fulmer (or anyone else) before deciding who he wants on his staff.

Reactions: Vol Main
Why do you think the "search" has ever gotten off course? My guess is that the "search" is ongoing and moving in the direction that Pruitt wants. Everything you and all the others caught up in this hysteria to date have offered forward is pure speculation without a shred of actual evidence of anything that has been reported, all just here say nonsense. So my guess is that the men in charge of the "search" are not looking at each other and saying where do we go now?
Yeah, because this is a message board with almost zero insiders and all we have to go by is what media members tell us. Usually Chris Low is pretty good and so is Hubbs. Which neither seem to know whats going on. You can think they are on track and i can think they have missed on some. Both our opinions are the same, irrelevant. But i will say this, to think we will get the we want, after botched search after botches search, is a bit naive. But thats why message boards are so great.

I don’t like hearing that Fulmer is involved in the decision. It’s one thing if approval is needed for Freeze (or someone with baggage), but Pruitt shouldn’t have to consult with Fulmer (or anyone else) before deciding who he wants on his staff.
Better get used to it, Fulmer is in charge of all hires within the athletic department.

Yeah, because this is a message board with almost zero insiders and all we have to go by is what media members tell us. Usually Chris Low is pretty good and so is Hubbs. Which neither seem to know whats going on. You can think they are on track and i can think they have missed on some. Both our opinions are the same, irrelevant. But i will say this, to think we will get the we want, after botched search after botches search, is a bit naive. But thats why message boards are so great.
Naive is believing in anything posted on a website before you actually hear from the persons making the hire.

Better get used to it, Fulmer is in charge of all hires within the athletic department.
If Fulmer is just signing off on Pruitt’s choice, that’s fine. If Fulmer is choosing who he wants as OC, it’s a bad sign. For everyone.

Fortunately, it seems his role is more a rubber stamp than the decision maker.

Sounds like it's been kept very close to the vest. Nobody has a clue. Just guessing games at this point. But I'm guessing IF THIS IS TRUE we'll know something by this evening.

Reactions: dduncan4163

VN Store

Back