Chris Low just said Fulmer wouldn’t sign off

I for one am relaxed. Everything is going to be ok. Just sit back and wait for it. We will make the right hire. This is not as big of a deal as many are wanting to make it. More to life than football.

I agree with the last part; but we have no reason to believe they will make the “right” hire. They haven’t earned the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: amorange
When Locksley left, our shot at Freeze was gone.
Yes, that is the story that I am buying at this time. Based on the Bamer 247 story last night, CJP put all his eggs in the Freeze basket, Freeze/Sexton played us to keep Freeze stashed until Locksley left for MD and Bammer swoops in to hire Freeze and we're standing at the altar with absolutely no one. At this point, I hope they don't panic and try to build a reputable list, including some NFL guys.

Reactions: james_govols
If I were Pruitt and Fulmer starts that control freak behavior again then I would be considering greener pastures.
If you really think that Fulmer didn’t sign off on Freeze BEFORE an interview happened, then you have a very flawed view of how the process works.

If a person is interviewed, it’s not a last minute decision.

Reactions: SmashMouth
Due to Hugh’s baggage, Fulmer wouldn’t sign off on the hire.

This makes me further believe the reports about Anderson not wanting Freeze. We all know Anderson and Fulmer are aligned at the hip.

I was ok with Freeze until I read the USA Today article and the allegations from the Briarcrest High School students.

Yes, that is the story that I am buying at this time. Based on the Bamer 247 story last night, CJP put all his eggs in the Freeze basket, Freeze/Sexton played us to keep Freeze stashed until Locksley left for MD and Bammer swoops in to hire Freeze and we're standing at the altar with absolutely no one. At this point, I hope they don't panic and try to build a reputable list, including some NFL guys.
Yep

If you really think that Fulmer didn’t sign off on Freeze BEFORE an interview happened, then you have a very flawed view of how the process works.

If a person is interviewed, it’s not a last minute decision.

So FranklinVol you seem somewhat connected. Freeze still a candidate?

FSU fans are saying that Freeze will be their next OC with the announcement coming later today.

Reactions: Volnut
He was not retained when Malzahn came in after Chizik was fired. They kept him long enough to know what they had

They took him off the recruiting trail even before he was fired when the NCAA started snooping into whether Auburn was paying guidance counselors in Memphis and Atlanta to get AU kids eligible....

Let’s say for a minute it IS true. Why on earth would we bash Fulmer for making a decision like this? Wouldn’t it be safe to say he may have a little more information than we do? Wouldn’t you also say there are few people, if any, who want to see Tennessee football return to relevance more than him? So if he was on board with Freeze at first and then through the proper vetting process discovered or learned of things that could even possibly look bad for Tennessee wouldn’t it be in our best interest to pull the reigns back?
I love how so many on here will bash other universities for cheating or for having a staff with poor ethics or morals but they would jump at the chance to bring those same issues here.
I want to win as bad as anyone but I won’t go after the people charged both with fielding a winning team and putting a team and staff out there I can be proud of for doing what’s best for UT in the long run.
Blast away and say nobody can be proud of what Tennessee has fielded the past ten or so years but that wasn’t this administration. Let them work.
Way too logical. This site exists solely for the down trodden and mentally deranged.

Reactions: CampBlount and Fore
I for one am relaxed. Everything is going to be ok. Just sit back and wait for it. We will make the right hire. This is not as big of a deal as many are wanting to make it. More to life than football.
Earl Butz got in trouble for espousing such a philosophy once

Reactions: CountVolcula
If CPF said no, then its no..........I trust him on these things. HF could bring more trouble to UT, and to be honest...........do we really need more of that?

You're trusting the guy that hired Clawson and then wouldn't let him run his offense

The guy that left the team with having to start 2 walk-ons on the OL in 2009 because he didn't recruit well enough the last few years

The guy who buried a knife in Majors' back to get the HC job at UT

Reactions: amorange

This makes me further believe the reports about Anderson not wanting Freeze. We all know Anderson and Fulmer are aligned at the hip.
So we do, eh?

Liberty University, which is a Christian University wants him as HC. I know they have higher morals than UT, yet they are the ones who are willing to hire Freeze. On top of that, our school is the one with the spirit of the Pharisees. The man has paid his debts. He's repented and asked for forgiveness. Washed clean, purged and purified, but someone is still looking for those old stained garments that have been destroyed by our Lord. Where's my Amen corner?

You mean those high morals at Liberty University that hired Ian McCaw as their AD 5 months after he resigned as the AD at Baylor? Along with forcing out their current AD at the time.

Reactions: sonofUT62

He also was expecting an announcement on 12/03, so what does he know?
But he is probably right, I would expect as much from Phil.

VN Store

Back