Chris Low just said Fulmer wouldn’t sign off

Rucker nailed it with this quote:

This is absolutely what far too many of us do on VN.com. I don't know about Volunteer Nation in general, he may be wrong about that. I strongly suspect that we on VN.com do NOT represent the larger fan base very well...we're the self-selected, overly-obsessed, sometimes borderline lunatic fringe. So he may be wrong about normal Volunteer Nationites. But Rucker nailed us here.
That you EA?

Fulmer still bitter. Does not want the program to succeed. JMO but this decision seems to support it.

Attachments

• 1544019366499599389598.jpg
    1544019366499599389598.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
Reactions: amorange

This is absolutely what far too many of us do on VN.com. I don't know about Volunteer Nation in general (I strongly suspect that we do NOT represent the larger fan base very well...we're the obsessed lunatic fringe), but Rucker nailed us here.

To be fair though JP, I think we have good reason to be this way. It aint like UT has a good track record with football coaching searches. Jmo.

Good to see ya!

Could be Low saving Face and Credibility....
Yea, its too late for that.. If you put something out there like the hire will be made Monday or Tuesday at the latest then it should have already been through Fulmer.. I mean who is his source that says that without the AD signing off? Not a very good source

It makes no sense Pruitt would interview Freeze if Fulmer was going to say no. I’d imagine he ran the names of those he was considering past Fulmer for reasonability.

Now, I do believe something might have come up upon further scrutiny that caused Fulmer or the powers that be to pause. We all know Freeze comes with baggage. Who knows. We shall see.

I’ve heard the opposite. No inside source just hearing from west tenn peeps that fulmer and Pruitt are a go but that new findings back in high school coaching days, who knows what, are being vetted. They also say freeze wants the ut job over FSU and auburn. Also if we don’t hear something today expect a reset. Again these are opinions and hear say not facts. Makes since.

This is what I suspect and what I have heard a bit about. If you think that the things Hugh Freeze got "in trouble" for were the only things that people knew about Freeze and the NCAA knew as well...well, let's get that head out of the ol' sand box.

Low said the same thing on Sirius. And I didn't get that Fulmer wasn't allowing it. I got that Fulmer wanted to check all of the boxes, make sure everything was in order before they moved on it.

Liberty University, which is a Christian University wants him as HC. I know they have higher morals than UT, yet they are the ones who are willing to hire Freeze. On top of that, our school is the one with the spirit of the Pharisees. The man has paid his debts. He's repented and asked for forgiveness. Washed clean, purged and purified, but someone is still looking for those old stained garments that have been destroyed by our Lord. Where's my Amen corner?

Due to Hugh’s baggage, Fulmer wouldn’t sign off on the hire.

This makes me further believe the reports about Anderson not wanting Freeze. We all know Anderson and Fulmer are aligned at the hip.
Not believing this. Fulmer would never have allowed the interview to take place if was not on board. Way too many rumors out there. When will everyone learn, there are no legit sources and people throw trash out to stir the pot and piss of the fans.

That's so hard to believe. You'd have figured that fulmer would've needed to be onboard from the very beginning. Pruitt would've needed to discuss salary etc with him and also with freeze being a polarizing guy with a bit of baggage...Pruitt would've unquestionably made sure he got fulmers approval before going forward. If fulmer initially was onboard and now has changed his position, that might be a bit more believable. If that's true it is exactly the reason a lot of fans (myself included) didn't want fulmer to begin with. He was a fumbling bumbling on man a decade ago when we made the chance. Has anyone on here ever listed to coach to coach? A year or so ago I remember one night listening to the program and thought thank goodness that dude doesn't have anything to do with our school. It was hard to even understand what he was saying. And when you could understand what he was saying it made absolutely no sense.

My suspicion is you will hear a bunch of spin regarding Freeze. It was reported that Chip and Hugh were the top two candidates and now today, Hubbs says that he doesn’t believe that Chip was ever seriously considered. Looks like Pruitt put all his eggs in the Freeze basket and Freeze left us high and dry.

Reactions: Volnut
You kno

This is absolutely what far too many of us do on VN.com. I don't know about Volunteer Nation in general, he may be wrong about that. I strongly suspect that we on VN.com do NOT represent the larger fan base very well...we're the self-selected, overly-obsessed, sometimes borderline-lunatic fringe. So he may be wrong about normal Volunteer Nationites. But Rucker nailed us here.
w what though? We’ve been right everytime so far.

Fulmer still bitter. Does not want the program to succeed. JMO but this decision seems to support it.

Are you crazy? Fulmer didn’t become AD in order to destroy the university from the inside. Fulmer has more orange running through his veins then just about anyone else.

This is the absolute stupidest thing I’ve seen on these boards, and that’s saying something

It makes no sense Pruitt would interview Freeze if Fulmer was going to say no. I’d imagine he ran the names of those he was considering past Fulmer for reasonability.

Now, I do believe something might have come up upon further scrutiny that caused Fulmer or the powers that be to pause. We all know Freeze comes with baggage. Who knows. We shall see.

^ This is what makes sense!

He may be just an old Winchester hay seed, but I think Fulmer is smart enough to have avoided all of this drama.

If he wouldn’t sign off on Freeze, he would have made that call the day CJP told him he was going to interview him. They would have moved on a week ago, and some kind of story would have already have spun out as to why.

He wouldn’t let it stew for 10 days.

IMO, anyway.

I doubt you are old enuf to remember this, but back in the 70s I had a shirt that read....
God, Family, and the Big Orange (and not necessarily in that order - in fine print).

Those of us that are long in the tooth, like me, hold Tennessee football as a large part of our very persona, our essence, being a Vol is who we are. For better (and a whole lot of worse in the 2000s), we have seen something that is part of us that we deeply love slowly die.
So forgive us geezers for venting our sadness here each time we get another shot to the nads.

My suspicion is you will hear a bunch of spin regarding Freeze. It was reported that Chip and Hugh were the top two candidates and now today, Hubbs says that he doesn’t believe that Chip was ever seriously considered. Looks like Pruitt put all his eggs in the Freeze basket and Freeze left us high and dry.
If your suspicion is true, then CJP just got served up one of them there valuable lessons that inexperienced head coaches gotta learn!

VN Store

Back