ESPN reporting Locksley to Maryland.

What program should we all go root for moving forward? I can’t see myself going for another SEC team, too much lingering hatred. Hmmmm any suggestions guys?

No matter the amount of complete disappointment the fans suffer through, we'll continue to come back for additional punishment each and every year. It's what VOLS fans do.

Reactions: CeJayVols
I moved to Florida a few years back and I hope Tennessee does something soon. I'm running out of excuses down here. People are starting to feel bad for me.

I didn't know Satterfield had excepted the job. I knew they weren't sure he was going to take it and Canada was expected to interview

Well, that's nice. I'd take Canada
Me too. I’d love to have Canada here. He is my 1.b.option. Canada to me would be on par with a Freeze hire without the baggage.

Reactions: Vato
This is comical. Another univeristy hires before we do. Freeze is going to bama now. Congrats at UT administration for screwing up another coaching search!

You guys have to understand that UT may not be holding the cards on Freeze, because Freeze is holding his own cards. UT may be all in, waiting on Freeze to decide. Freeze may have said "I'm interested, but I also have other options that I'm waiting to materialize." So UT says, "ok, we'll wait and beat whatever is out there" or "we appreciate your interest, we're moving on." Or, Freeze feels out his other options before finally telling UT, "let's do this, I'm your man."

Many of y'all are pissed at Pruitt and the UT Administration when it's quite probable that they've done all that they can possibly do. If Freeze isn't willing to commit, it's not necessarily anyone's fault at UT.

You guys have to understand that UT may not be holding the cards on Freeze, because Freeze is holding his own cards. UT may be all in, waiting on Freeze to decide. Freeze may have said "I'm interested, but I also have other options that I'm waiting to materialize." So UT says, "ok, we'll wait and beat whatever is out there" or "we appreciate your interest, we're moving on." Or, Freeze feels out his other options before finally telling UT, "let's do this, I'm your man."

Many of y'all are pissed at Pruitt and the UT Administration when it's quite probable that they've done all that they can possibly do. If Freeze isn't willing to commit, it's not necessarily anyone's fault at UT.

I feel much better now. Thank you.

Well if that’s the case we’ve swung out missing to many times if we look at it with this point of view which would make people to believe that we never offer what they want. Just my thought on it....

Reactions: Jaws
You just can't make this stuff up. We make hiring coaches look like we're trying to solve the world's hardest quantum physics problem. Keep it up UT, keep it up.
No kidding. It’s not like there are hundreds of options. I would hope they have a list of people they’d like (ranked in order of preference) and work that list. As you say, we’re not trying to prove one of Einstein’s theories.

Reactions: Vol737
Nobody wants to coach long for wee little Nicky
giphy.gif

This is comical. Another univeristy hires before we do. Freeze is going to bama now. Congrats at UT administration for screwing up another coaching search!

How do you know it wasn’t Freeze slow playing Pruitt to see all his offers first?

Why does it take a gator to state the obvious? We made Freeze an offer and Sexton knows there are lots of jobs coming open, Bama, etc - so Freeze was waiting either to see what else came open (an HC perhaps) or get the bidding up with all the interest in him. Same thing any recruit does. Maybe he goes to one of those better offers or uses it to get us to go max dollar. We dont iknow - but Pruitt and co probably have a 2nd pick too. Its a moving chessboard but Pruitt has done the same thing with other recruits.

Reactions: Jaws
I said it in another thread but we were never getting Freeze and we won’t be getting any of the other hot names. We are getting an OC from a G5 type school that was in the Top 25 in rushing yards.
Pruitt is showing his lack of experience as a HC by pulling a Lyle and forcing the system he wants, instead of doing what the best coaches do and get the best players and adjust to them. He said since day 1 he wants to be a smash mouth running team. He will not hire an OC that has been known to want to throw the ball.

I said it in another thread but we were never getting Freeze and we won’t be getting any of the other hot names. We are getting an OC from a G5 type school that was in the Top 25 in rushing yards.
Pruitt is showing his lack of experience as a HC by pulling a Lyle and forcing the system he wants, instead of doing what the best coaches do and get the best players and adjust to them. He said since day 1 he wants to be a smash mouth running team. He will not hire an OC that has been known to want to throw the ball.
Yeah right, nobody truly has a clue to what Pruitt wants. We will find out when he makes the hire. GBO!

Why does it take a gator to state the obvious? We made Freeze an offer and Sexton knows there are lots of jobs coming open, Bama, etc - so Freeze was waiting either to see what else came open (an HC perhaps) or get the bidding up with all the interest in him. Same thing any recruit does. Maybe he goes to one of those better offers or uses it to get us to go max dollar. We dont iknow - but Pruitt and co probably have a 2nd pick too. Its a moving chessboard but Pruitt has done the same thing with other recruits.

*****Tennessee Football Coaching Search BIG BOARD [updated 12.4 10:47 am]

Most of you know nothing about Friend. You only see what is in front of your nose and most of the time that is some sports writers butt.

This. If I were freeze I would be waiting it out too regardless where I wanted to go to see who offers what and then go back to the negotiating table. Just a part of the proce$$ in college football

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
I hope we get matt canada from maryland if freeze goes to bummer. Hes a good offensive mind and playcaller. He also was a 2point conversion at the end of regulation from beating a top 5 big 10 team this year with a pretty crappy roster...they were 20 or so point underdogs. I think it was OcryO State...if memory serves.

Reactions: Vato
When Freeze is at a rival school and they wax us we will have to hear on TV how we had the chance to hire but couldn't get it done. Then in about 3-4 years we fire another head coach, and start again.....sheesh

When Freeze is at a rival school and they wax us we will have to hear on TV how we had the chance to hire but couldn't get it done. Then in about 3-4 years we fire another head coach, and start again.....sheesh
I know this is frustrating. But we have the right head coach and only way we’re looking for a new head coach is we piss Pruitt off enough to leave.

VN Store

Back