ESPN reporting Locksley to Maryland.

dollar, dollar bill ya'll...heck, I wished Sexton would just put Coach Freeze on an auction block and get it over with...:D

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

Reactions: TennMan101
Tennessee has had a lot of time between Helton leaving until today to hire a proven OC and they have screwed around just like they always do. Tn out shopping at the dollar tree and this is where the hire will come from. At the end of the day Kansas will have a better OC than Tn. Now you got FSU,AU and possibly Bama in the mix for Freeze and all 3 of those schools will throw money around to get what they want to win. Tn looking for that clearance sale
How much do you think they need to spend?

Looks like Les got his guy ...
King_Creole_LesMiles.gif

... hope Pruitt gets his.

For Freeze? Maybe.

I just thought it ironic that when the bar is money and the comparison is Bama. We spent what they did this year on an OC.

I bar isnt about money, its about bringing in the best that is out there and it takes money to get the best. Helton got paid and Tn got robbed. Helton was never a splash hire in the first place and nothing he ever did was worth 1.2 mil. before Tn or while at Tn.

I bar isnt about money, its about bringing in the best that is out there and it takes money to get the best. Helton got paid and Tn got robbed. Helton was never a splash hire in the first place and nothing he ever did was worth 1.2 mil. before Tn or while at Tn.
Your post I quoted was specifically about money and the comparison was Bama.

The rest of your post lands directly on top of my point. I would bet a lot of people didn't know we were paying as much for an OC as Bama did this year. It didn't guarantee anything.

Reactions: tnvols72
Maryland will make their decision today and is announcing their new coach tomorrow. The overwhelming majority feel it will be Locksley, thus creating a job opportunity at Alabama. Tomorrow announcement even adds that it will be Locksley, he is unavailable today as he is at the Broyles Award Show. What does Alabama do? Do they promote Dan Enos or do they take another swing at Hugh Freeze? FSU thinks Alabama will look at Freeze. FSU has said they will have a coach in a couple days so they are moving very fast. Auburn has now entered the Freeze sweepstakes as well. And, of course, Liberty.

Tennessee has put more of the legwork in on Freeze, but it seems like they need to move quickly if they want him on board. Does TN need to wrap this one up today before (at the least) Alabama drives up the cost?

I do think if Alabama hires Freeze, Enos will go elsewhere. I’ve stated my opinion of him, think very highly of him. It might be in Tennessee’s best interest however to make a decision between the two before FSU or Auburn offer Freeze a deal he can’t refuse and then Alabama promotes Enos and Tennessee misses on both,

Wish life was as simple as you and most of the OPs/Freeze posters would make it seem. We are not in the top of the SEC at this point. It is going to take some luck, prayer, and hard work to dig us out of the hole we are in. I'm in to win with PF and CJP. Whatever they do next couple years, I support. That includes making an occasional mistake or taking a swing at a diamond in the rough. Doing anything less, IMHO, is digging a deeper hole.

Your post I quoted was specifically about money and the comparison was Bama.

The rest of your post lands directly on top of my point. I would bet a lot of people didn't know we were paying as much for an OC as Bama did this year. It didn't guarantee anything.
I got what you were saying , I dont think I came off the way I thought I was lol....its all good

Reactions: BeecherVol

VN Store

Back