Has it occurred to anyone...

I have sat back and watched all these message boards get in a tizzy over Freeze. Twitterspehere is bonkers with fans chewing there own arm off at every juncture of uncertainty. Mean while, Pruitt is out recruiting and snagging QB's in the 2019 and 2020 class with no OC ANNOUNCED!!!! So tell me why in the hells bells is everyone in an uproar over Freeze when NO ONE knows for certain he is the guy?! Pruitt not once has claimed he's the man we're after. Perhaps he's waiting for the NFL season to end because he's interested in Jim Bob Cooter for OC or someone else. Crazy talk? Maybe or maybe not. No crazier than anyone else speculating on this search. Damn witch hunt is what this is.

that Pruitt already has his guy? I mean after-all, he's in Memphis today recruiting. Bailey committed and Maurer said he isn't supposed to say anything and he knows and was reassured when Pruitt visited him last week.

A lot has changed in college football coaching since last week. Starting to look like Pruitt/Fulmer/UT fumbled or put all eggs in one basket. Regardless, it needs to be wrapped up today and at least make it look like we had a plan. Perception is reality and right now the perception is this was not 100% Pruitt & Fulmer's hire. Strategically, an announcement should have already been made before, during or after the SECC game this past Saturday.

Reactions: 08Vol
A lot has changed in college football coaching since last week. Starting to look like Pruitt/Fulmer/UT fumbled or put all eggs in one basket. Regardless, it needs to be wrapped up today and at least make it look like we had a plan. Perception is reality and right now the perception is this was not 100% Pruitt & Fulmer's hire. Strategically, an announcement should have already been made before, during or after the SECC game this past Saturday.

Who says it needs to be wrapped up today? Is there a rule somewhere that states they need to have it wrapped up asap? Recruiting is going just fine and the recruits are buying in. He'll announce when he darn well pleases.

I don’t recall who but didn’t someone like LWS state that the SEC mandates no “big news” from other schools during the championship game?

Not saying it’s true but ...

Eaxactly. There's zero reason not to announce it. And if its an active coach like Enos, you do not let a QB freaking coach finish out the season. It was dumb Pruitt did it himself as a DC. Get your butt to your actual job.
Put yourself in Pruitt's shoes. Pruitt wanted to finish the job at Bama by winning another National Championship before being all in at Tennessee. Who wouldn't? Rings are hard to get. By allowing Enos to finish the season without an announcement, he's giving Enos a better opportunity to get his first ring by not creating a distraction.

Put yourself in Pruitt's shoes. Pruitt wanted to finish the job at Bama by winning another National Championship before being all in at Tennessee. Who wouldn't? Rings are hard to get. By allowing Enos to finish the season without an announcement, he's giving Enos a better opportunity to get his first ring by not creating a distraction.
Pruitt was announced though.

Zero chance this is true.

If Friend is with him all our questions are answered.

Pruitt was announced though.
Obviously. Considering the circumstances, the Pruitt hire had to be announced. We were being heavily criticized in the media. Recruits needed to know who the coach was going to be and Pruitt needed to start putting a staff together.

There's no reason to announce Enos. Pruitt can tell the recruits what they need to know and our staff is in tact. Enos has the opportunity to focus solely on winning a national championship. Why would Pruitt want to rob him of that? Why would he want to create a distraction for Enos' players? Put yourself in Pruitt's shoes.

It has occurred to me that our program is a joke. It has also occurred to me that UT will never be in contention of a NC in football again. Our administration has proved this over the last 4 hires that football is not their main focus. It is very apparent that they are unwilling to cut the strings and let the AD and HC make the calls. From a lot of the reports now about whatever happened 20 years ago that every other school has put to rest shows me exactly what our admins are worried about. They are worried about looking good and having higher morals. They are more worried about keeping up with everyone rather than beating everyone.

I have said this numerous times. Pruitt will either get to make his own calls and get what he wants or he will be out. Someone said "yeah he will be fired in 4 years". That is quite possible. Remind yourself of the Jones years though. He came in with some fire and left beaten and defeated. His final two years you could see a difference in his enthusiasm. I am by no means taking up for the guy. Although look back and tell me that he didn't put a halfassed effort into recruiting as well as coaching the final two seasons compared to when he was first hired? Same thing that happened with Dooley as well. Our 2 deep roster is proof enough. Jones brought in enough highly rated skill star players to boost the rankings yet didn't fill the gaps in the trenches.

Obviously. Considering the circumstances, the Pruitt hire had to be announced. We were being heavily criticized in the media. Recruits needed to know who the coach was going to be and Pruitt needed to start putting a staff together.

There's no reason to announce Enos. Pruitt can tell the recruits what they need to know and our staff is in tact. Enos has the opportunity to focus solely on winning a national championship. Why would Pruitt want to rob him of that? Why would he want to create a distraction for Enos' players? Put yourself in Pruitt's shoes.
Pruitt should be putting Tennessee's interests first. You can argue how much it hurts Tennessee, not having a coordinator for the next month, but it wouldn't benefit us in any way by having a guy and not announcing it, in my opinion.

Plus, in your scenario, I just don't see why, as a quarterbacks coach, it would take anything away from Enos if it was announced. Sherrer was announced last year before UGA's playoff run.

I am probably wrong, but the simpliest answer is most likely. AV said a choice was made and we would be pleased... announcement today. Which jives with Lindsey going to KS. Now if today comes and goes, expect deal with Freeze hit a wall, somewhere along the way. If it's Freeze pumping breaks, waiting on Bama, then it's really whether we wait for Freeze or move on to choice B.
Straight out of the Gruden thread

Will they kick Enos off the team? Is Locksley a lock for the Maryland job? The interviews were just yesterday....

Wow the over reactions from sum of y'all are crazy.Yeah I get it,we've been drug thru the mud for 10+years.At the same no one has come out and said SH*T for us to panic.I mean anyone trustworthy or a coach,not Joe blow and his tweeter or Grudentilidie insiders.C'mon guys let the hire happen,if it's friend or sumone hell il light ur pitchfork if u lite mine n will burn it to the ground😁😁

VN Store

Back