If Pruitt hires Friend

Ok, here's my thinking. Yesterday, I would have bet money the hire would go to Lindsey. I'm pretty sure Lindsey would've taken it too. All of a sudden Lindsey heads to Kansas. Now, maybe we aren't hiring Freeze--I dont know. I do believe Lindsey would choose UT over Kansas, so Pruitt must have someone he thinks is better, whoever that is. I don't think he'd settle for Friend over Lindsey.

It wont be the end of the world. He did a pretty good job at CSU for three years. His offense got better each year and they even ranked #11 in the nation one year. I want Freeze, or another flashy hire just like all of you do, but maybe CJP knows best here and we just need to step back from the ledge and trust him.
No one is going to want to come play for Will Friend. We need something to sustain some level of excitement during the off-season, period. If Pruitt hires Friend, after the dumpster fire o-line he put on the field this year, good luck with the 80k fans in the stands .

Yet as a position coach, he literally showed nothing of value. Promoting Friend might as well put Pruitt on the hotseat.

I loved the Pruitt hire and his defensive staff. However, promoting a good ole boy to OC would be strike 2.

The entire league is getting better and we are just treading water.
Interesting. What was "strike 1" to you?

It wont be the end of the world. He did a pretty good job at CSU for three years. His offense got better each year and they even ranked #11 in the nation one year. I want Freeze, or another flashy hire just like all of you do, but maybe CJP knows best here and we just need to step back from the ledge and trust him.

Forget about the OC, Pruitt needs players and if he gets good players, the OC won't matter nearly as much as many fans think

I don’t care I’ve been beaten down with the Tennessee football program..finally excited about Freeze but Tennessee will screw this up again, used to it and the only thing I only hope is that Tennessee in my lifetime (I’m 43) will one day return to glory of the magical run of the 90’s.. but I’ve lost faith some still got hope but faith is gone.. anyways jus my soapbox.. carry on VolNation

Telling yall, this time next week youll be considered a negavol if you dont think will friend is the secons coming of Mike Leach.

Ah yes. The Stages of Vol Fan Acceptance Of Yet Another Lousy UTAD Decision (SVFAYALUTADD). These posts show stages 4 and 6. Pretty impressive y'all are that far along already. Shows we are getting accustomed to being an abused fan base.

Stage 1 is shock
Stage 2 is denial
Stage 3 is anger
Stage 4 is bargaining.
Stage 5 is acceptance
Stage 6 is embracing.

We are about to live through it. Again.

Reactions: amorange
Ah yes. The Stages of Vol Fan Acceptance Of Yet Another Lousy UTAD Decision (SVFAYALUTADD). These posts show stages 4 and 6. Pretty impressive y'all are that far along already. Shows we are getting accustomed to being an abused fan base.

Stage 1 is shock
Stage 2 is denial
Stage 3 is anger
Stage 4 is bargaining.
Stage 5 is acceptance
Stage 6 is embracing.

Stage 7 is continuing the suck.

Reactions: amorange
Hiring Friend is an issue because Pruitt can control him. The biggest issue we have right now is Pruitt’s ability to trust people. He hired Helton and he didn’t trust him. That’s why we ran an offense that went against our strengths most the time. People will tell you it was about instilling toughness, but what it came down to is Pruitt didn’t trust our OL or Helton to air it out on the field. A lot of people keep talking about power vs spread and what Pruitt wants, but Helton is about as spread as they come. If he had it his way, we’d been four wide 70% of the time. Pruitt has to find someone he trust but can’t control. Moreover, that someone better know what they are doing or else Pruitt is going to fail here. I don’t believe Friend is that guy for us.

It's not that we don't trust JP, but a Friend hire would suggest that we failed yet again with our other options.

Ok, here's my thinking. Yesterday, I would have bet money the hire would go to Lindsey. I'm pretty sure Lindsey would've taken it too. All of a sudden Lindsey heads to Kansas. Now, maybe we aren't hiring Freeze--I dont know. I do believe Lindsey would choose UT over Kansas, so Pruitt must have someone he thinks is better, whoever that is. I don't think he'd settle for Friend over Lindsey.
I like the way you think.

I will go to as many games in 2019 as I possibly can and will get as many of my family and friends to go too.

Good for you. I'm gonna evaluate how I spend my leisure time and only spend it on things that bring me joy and happiness. Watching UT suck on the field for 3 1/2 hours inside a 106K seat stadium with a 100MM annual budget just ain't it.

But that's just me.

Stage 1 is shock
Stage 2 is denial
Stage 3 is anger
Stage 4 is bargaining.
Stage 5 is acceptance
Stage 6 is embracing.

It's been 12 years bro.....12 years....

Propst isn't out of the realm of possibility is he?

VN Store

Back