'19 TN RB Eric Gray

Hmm weird timing huh? All in one day you say?? šŸ˜Ž

HoleInTheRoof has been blocked. I can see where he plans on spending his cynical time. He can just sit back and watch.

That certainly was a stand up move by Gray not to flip and wait. His spot is all but reserved atp

Committed to Pruitt today. Wanted some time between his de-commitment and new commitment out of respect to the Michigan staff. Didnā€™t want to ā€œflipā€. Wanted to ā€œopen up his recruitmentā€ instead and the public commitment will come probably in the next week, but heā€™s on board for sure.
Keep the good news coming Sir!

Know very little
Hope itā€™s Freeze
Think itā€™s Enos

If Freeze doesnā€™t come to fruition... watch him either for the Bama OC job if their guy goes to Maryland -OR- he may even get a serious look at one of the open HC jobs which wouldā€™ve seemed impossible a few months ago.

The only other name Iā€™m hearing a lot with folks Iā€™m talking to is Enos. I donā€™t think thatā€™s the sexiest hire but if youā€™ll notice the trend with Pruitt he likes to hire guys heā€™s friends with or has ties to. Helton wasnā€™t one of those and didnā€™t really fit in. I think part of the delay in an announcement may have been because our OC still had a game to coach in.... I donā€™t think Fulmer will sign off on Freeze but I donā€™t think he wants to admit that knowing the fans are biting at the bit. Enos would be a let down for most Vol fans (me included) so hereā€™s hoping the tea leaves are just a distraction. Tennessee rarely goes big on hires as we all know... I also think Freeze has gone from ā€œopen to first offerā€ to ā€œfielding manyā€ and is trying to create a bidding war / leverage.

Man I love freeze but enos is my number 2.... he is danng good hire.....

Reactions: PA Vol

HoleInTheRoof has been blocked. I can see where he plans on spending his cynical time. He can just sit back and watch.
At least heā€™s still free to silently admire your art...til someone pisses you off again. šŸ˜Ž

Reactions: SugarCC
Know very little
Hope itā€™s Freeze
Think itā€™s Enos

If Freeze doesnā€™t come to fruition... watch him either for the Bama OC job if their guy goes to Maryland -OR- he may even get a serious look at one of the open HC jobs which wouldā€™ve seemed impossible a few months ago.

The only other name Iā€™m hearing a lot with folks Iā€™m talking to is Enos. I donā€™t think thatā€™s the sexiest hire but if youā€™ll notice the trend with Pruitt he likes to hire guys heā€™s friends with or has ties to. Helton wasnā€™t one of those and didnā€™t really fit in. I think part of the delay in an announcement may have been because our OC still had a game to coach in.... I donā€™t think Fulmer will sign off on Freeze but I donā€™t think he wants to admit that knowing the fans are biting at the bit. Enos would be a let down for most Vol fans (me included) so hereā€™s hoping the tea leaves are just a distraction. Tennessee rarely goes big on hires as we all know... I also think Freeze has gone from ā€œopen to first offerā€ to ā€œfielding manyā€ and is trying to create a bidding war / leverage.

Hiring your friends is a path that Pruitt may want to move away from. I get that since he's a first time head coach it could make him feel more comfortable but that's a slippery slope. One of the biggest knocks on Fulmer was that he was fiercely loyal to his assistants, even the bad ones. I really hope we don't get a first time OC because there seem to be plenty of excellent candidates available with excellent resumes. If we learned anything from the Gruden fiasco, it's that nothing is a given. Even our insiders were thrown for a loop. I'm just gonna sit back and wait for the official announcement and support whoever it is 100%. Pruitt and Fulmer know the risks involved with this hire and I'm sure it's keeping them up at night just a little bit. GBO !!

Reactions: BigBadVol

Gray has been on track to flip for weeks. You act like everyone should just instantly believe someone that says they disappeared for 5 yrs all of sudden comes back with a flurry of info that most tends to be on ones we have good idea the direction they are going.

Excuse some people for taking the wait and see approach. Your coming off a lot like Sab

Know very little
Hope itā€™s Freeze
Think itā€™s Enos

This concept gets perpetuated so much and I think it is somewhat lazy and used to justify our own opinions related to coaching searches...."such and such head coach is going to hire his friends as his coordinators and asst coaches." These coaches are not hiring people they have a relationship because of their friendship. They are hiring guys they have had thousands of conversations with about football and their philosophy and expectations. They are hiring guys they can trust. They are hiring guys they can mesh with. All things vitally important. This idea that all these coaches are just giving jobs you their buddies is a little exaggerated.

PS- Not calling you out just used your post since you mentioned it. It gets repeated a lot.

Hiring your friends is a path that Pruitt may want to move away from. I get that since he's a first time head coach it could make him feel more comfortable but that's a slippery slope. One of the biggest knocks on Fulmer was that he was fiercely loyal to his assistants, even the bad ones. I really hope we don't get a first time OC because there seem to be plenty of excellent candidates available with excellent resumes. If we learned anything from the Gruden fiasco, it's that nothing is a given. Even our insiders were thrown for a loop. I'm just gonna sit back and wait for the official announcement and support whoever it is 100%. Pruitt and Fulmer know the risks involved with this hire and I'm sure it's keeping them up at night just a little bit. GBO !!
If the rumors are correct we'renot looking at any first time OCs.

Reactions: Batman1948
Gray has been on track to flip for weeks. You act like everyone should just instantly believe someone that says they disappeared for 5 yrs all of sudden comes back with a flurry of info that most tends to be on ones we have good idea the direction they are going.

Excuse some people for taking the wait and see approach. Your coming off a lot like Sab

Iā€™m glad there are still people here that remember MrBamSeyDu and some of his antics from before...him dropping the Mr makes me think of someone who would put on one of those glasses/nose/mustache ā€œdisguisesā€ and actually hope nobody notices

Iā€™m glad there are still people here that remember MrBamSeyDu and some of his antics from before...him dropping the Mr makes me think of someone who would put on one of those glasses/nose/mustache ā€œdisguisesā€ and actually hope nobody notices
He seems very likable...and stable. šŸ˜‰

VN Store

Back